Ferrari pulled over for driving 137 mph | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Ferrari pulled over for driving 137 mph

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rocketman, Aug 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    #101 Ferrari 308 GTB, Aug 31, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2018

137 mph? meh:eek: 209 MPH/93.6 metres -sec

2. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Ease up! Dude’s fingers are turning red!

SV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boomhauer and Ferrari 308 GTB like this.
  3. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    #103 Ferrari 308 GTB, Sep 1, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  4. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    #104 iloveferrari, Sep 1, 2018
    This message is for those who think they will never get into a car accident because of the following:

1) I think I am a very good driver because I have x amount of tracking hours and I teach racing,
    2) tracks could be as uncontrolled as public roads because one time there was a turtle. So why not driving on public road like it's track anyway.
    3) speed limits were created by the engineers in the cubicles or some lawmakers who don't understand. So why follow them? Who cares about public goods.
    4) my desire to drive however I want is so important to me that I say screw you all - the unlucky souls who have to share road with me
    5) I am so cool because I could smoke the cops and slow drivers however I want and whenever I want, because I drive a modern exotic car that is engineered to be safe
    6) everything, I mean everything, is under my control.

Just one message to you all. I dare each one of you to bring what you have written so far to your own police station and car insurance company and tell them, "this is how I drive. So that when I am in a car accident later, you can refer back to what I write today." Better yet, I also dare each one of you to teach your children the same way you say you drive. Otherwise, please shut the hell up and stop being a keyboard warrior. Stop influencing the young people on the internet in such irresponsible manners.

Again, all of your responses are purely disgusting and to all the people who have lost the loved ones in car accidents due to speeding. Even though you were not the one who caused these accidents, you are still propagating the ideas that speeding is cool and that simply is dangerous.

This is also a video to those young men out there thinking these ferrari owners are so cool because they drive an expensive car, and this must be a mentality to have when you drive a modern sport car one day. No, not all ferrari drivers are like these few individuals. I can tell you that these people are of minor exceptions. Thank god.

p.s. after I read how the same people brag about smoking the police officers, I immediately realized I was wasting my time talking to individuals with the mentality of teenagers - who have this sense of invincibility and are so arrogant and stupid simultaneously, which by the way is actually a really bad combination in human traits.

5. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    ''Hi, there,
    Just wanna check with y'all on the wind noise when the top is UP About 80 MPH+, the noise is quite loud. How is yours? Thanks!''

I guess this is acceptable though,in a 458 on the way to Vegas LOL?:oops:

6. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    You are just so cute, just like a puppy. You do know that the speed limit on some freeways in Vegas are 80, right? Plus, it was the California T HS that I was in. Not the Italia.

7. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    Get off your high horse and stop insulting everyone else.

CW

Jakuzzi and Boomhauer like this.
  8. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I’m so sorry us scum have darkened your day..... NOT

As one of your intended targets that you decided you could insult as you please, since you are a physician probably, I’ll remind you that we are all as entitled as you are to an opinion, so **** off and preach to someone that gives a **** about your opinion, cos I dont. I’ll live my life just great smoking cops and annoying slow pricks on the road

Jakuzzi likes this.
  9. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

You like your personal attacks don’t you. I thought you were a physician, not a vet. Surely you know the difference between a human and a cat don’t you? I’d be ****ing scared if I ended up at your surgery with a problem, you might treat me with a flea collar and tin of whiskas

Jakuzzi likes this.
  10. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Here’s an example of what I mean.
    https://globalnews.ca/news/1406647/jury-convicts-quebec-woman-who-stopped-for-ducks/

All it takes is excessively high speed, a freak occurrence of human stupidity, bad timing or road neglect like a pothole....or a turtle/duck and you and/or someone else is in the morgue. You can take that gamble if you like out of hubris, and hopefully nothing ever happens....or accept the consequences (perhaps on behalf of your loved ones as well). But I won’t. I see too much human stupidity on a daily basis to play those odds and I have an 8yr old kid that I don’t want to leave heartbroken and without my guidance and protection from the world.

Stay safe, and be good Ferrari ambassadors, my friends.

iloveferrari likes this.
  11. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Not a vet, but actually a pest control. My message should be considered a flea collar for those impressionable young people who are reading your ever-so-cool-smoking-cops behaviors. I hope you will be jailed soon before a police officer is hurt in their pursuit of you in your fast car that is much safer than theirs at high speed. You will be charged of at the very least involuntary manslaughter based on your driving behavior you described so far.

Don't believe me? Just go to the police station and ask.

12. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    If you don't give a ****, then why are you responding? I am glad you have read my messages. I hope next time when you decide to step on the gas pedal to smoke others, for a split second you will hesitate because of what you read. A lot of times it only takes a split second to determine life vs death.

13. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    This is almost as painful as having a JW ring the doorbell ,on a Sunday morning.

JohnTz, Jakuzzi and F12KID like this.
  14. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Mmmmmm, no... I’ll never hesitate, that’s what causes accidents at speed. Fast reactions, a great car, and the intelligence to drive it. I’m sorry you feel you are so unable to enjoy a car at speed due to your hesitance and bleeding heart

Be sure to look out for me on roads near you..... I’ll be the one overtaking you, just so you know hehehehehehe

Jakuzzi likes this.
  15. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Not everyone, just you few. And thank god the curve of intelligence of general population is of a gaussian distribution.

16. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Must be frustrating, all those fast cars just cruising around at 55-80 to the mall..GT3/GT4/458/GTR/Evo X/Evora.

No tracking?

17. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    Maybe you should lay off self-prescribing for a while.

CW

daytona355 and Jakuzzi like this.
  18. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    #119 I'm 360 Canuck, Sep 1, 2018
    Or reading the posts by 20-something dbags on a Vette forum ;)

I don’t think anyone’s changing anyone’s minds here, and things are getting unbecoming of the gentlemen I’m sure we all are.
    I’m out.

iloveferrari likes this.
  19. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    You missed the whole point I have been making - please speed on track, not on public roads. This discussion all started because daytona355 kept mentioning how he or she likes to speed on public roads in however manner he or she feels like it. I think it was my first posts in this thread that emphasized the usage of tracks for enjoyment of speed.

I won't respond to this entire thread anymore. I feel that I have done my due diligence of informing the uniformed, not just as a physician, but simply as an individual in this society.

Finally, this is not about who is right or wrong at all. It is about the sense of responsibility to the life of other people.

Bye.

20. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    T
    The medical profession created the ENTIRE opioid crisis.

Thanks for the lecture.

CW

21. dmundy

dmundy Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 11, 2010
    Unspecified
    Full Name:
    Arthur Dent
    If I want preaching I’ll go to church.

If you want to talk safety, driving street cars on a track should be reconsidered. I understand you are incapable of seeing anyone’s view but your own. Some of us have bounced off walls. Race cars need cages and safety gear. Preach on tho.

Couldn’t be... there are physicians there...

Jakuzzi and daytona355 like this.
  22. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Not many girls called Sid.... for a physician, you aren’t very observant. Glad you have given up trying to lecture everyone and realised no one agrees with you. Don’t let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

And by the way, as you sound absolutely terrified of your cars capabilities and inept behind the wheel, you should know that YOU are the most likely to cause an accident out of all of us.... I advise you, as a consultant, to hang up your keys

23. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    While I personally disagree with some of Sid’s exact views on public driving, iloveferrari’s posts are so condescending and pompous that I find myself internally arguing against him for that alone. One can almost hear his excitement of the thought of being able to post an I told you so.

24. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    crazy Romanians!

Ferrari 308 GTB and daytona355 like this.