For Sale - 1999 Lamborghini Diablo SV | FerrariChat

For Sale 1999 Lamborghini Diablo SV

Discussion in 'Cars' started by roytoy2003, Aug 31, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    NIce color mecum auction car glws

2. FXRcR1

FXRcR1 Rookie

Jun 15, 2004
    I remember this car from another dealer late last year. They sent me all the receipts from Evans totaling over $140k. Plus a bunch of extra photos.

This car is insane. Hard to imagine a better 99SV exists, but I guess it's possible.

3. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    what is going with these diablos with service records of 50k plus i had my vt and sv and never came close to that number and was very well cared for cars.theres one on6.0 ebay 6k miles total engine rebuild stated

4. FXRcR1

FXRcR1 Rookie

Jun 15, 2004
    It was an extensive rebuild. Basically anything you can imagine was done to the nines. Not that it really needed it to begin with in my opinion. From what the former dealer told me the previous owner was a South Florida billionaire who just like to throw money at things.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

5. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    God i hope you get that number!

6. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Outside attempted resurrection after a car is totalled there is little need for such expenses. From my understanding some just want to go over the top in rebuilding the engine, upgrading all parts for whatever reason. I would get the receipts for any claims of extraordinary costs, at some point, I believe, it is just spending to spend rather than need. I'm sure there is some improvement but is it any better than a regular engine service work such as new gaskets, rebuilt starter motor, timing chain adjustments/new tensioners/chains? And, other bits such as rebuilding brake master/booster, clutch master/slave, hoses, etc.?

7. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Yeh why break all the original seals on a motor if you dont need to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yassa likes this.
  8. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Eventually, maybe. The market does not seem anywhere near that. I know of two 99 VTs (not this one), both low miles (under 8K), that were on dealer lots listed for over $300K and the prices dropped and eventually went to auction where each went for about 250 all in with buyer's premium, one at Amelia Island and the other Mecum Monterey. The Amelia car needed at least 30K in work and refresh as it has been sitting still for years, tires were still original after nearly 20 years and a wheel had been curbed, etc. I do not know anything of the condition of the Monterey car(Alpine Ed.).

And, there are other SVs listed for over $400, one recently, inexplicably, jumped in ask to over $500 despite being on the market for years.

9. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    The Monterey car had dirty CarFax as WELL as it had fresh damage to the right rear quarter that happened AT MECUM during the Auction, I was there, it was at least a $25K body repair bill..and then a story car. The recent ONE of ONE
    White SV thas has a "ask" of over $500k is just that a ASK...just as mine are...we start somewhere and negotiate to where both parties are happy. To be quite FRANK, if you want a WHITE SV, there is only one available, if you want a Rossa Vic (( SV in MINT condition as if it came of the showroom floor...there is ONLY one available. The bottom line is, they are not being made any longer, SMALL production numbers 1 of 27 for a 99 SV...they are STILL a super car even in today's standards, so if you truly want one, the ask price WILL not keep you from picking up the phone ans starting a negotiation conversation.

As far as the $140K spent on this car...agree 100% that most likely HALF of it was not needed....but as said here, some just like to throw a blank check at a project just to have it as NEW as it can be....nothing wrong with that....BAD for the sellers bank account...EXCELLENT for the next owner....

AND IMO there is NO reason why these top dog low number Diablos should not be getting the money Ferrari of the same kind get....these are not inferior, IMO, in most cases they are better and further rare in production and options then most Ferrari's...but thats me...I prefer to be in a TRUE V12 car then a V8 ...to each is own.

JoeTSI and ttforcefed like this.
  10. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Hi Roy,
    thanks for the insights!
    So that Alpine 99VT at Mecum last month was damaged before or after its auction ended? 25K hit at the rear, that's a lot of work, would you say it did more than dent it up? Did the engine and frame take a hit too? I wonder if the door on the side that was hit correctly closes.

I was recently told that particular car is in transport back to dealer who purchased but, maybe they mean it is at the body shop?
    What's on its carfax you find dirty? I know there is Florida titling which is sometimes a concern...is that it?

There is also a silver SV that did the same jump in ask over 500K recently despite being at 399K for years.

I agree, the Diablo is an outstanding car and its V12 sound is home for me.

As for the pricing, of course you can ask anything you want, but as I have been watching I think the only Diablos to find a home over 300K are the SE30s and 6.0s (and GT/GTR of course but neither are street legal in US)

You recently had that silver/tobacco 99 VT for under 200 (last year) and maybe it was just its interior color holding it back but that seems to be where the cars move, 200-300

11. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    Beautiful car, best of luck Roy, you know how to pick em.

12. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    Well of course, you own a SE30, so thats why you think your car is worth all the money LOL

The BLUE VT at Mecum was hit moments prior to rolling on to the stage by a HUGH 50's caddy that ran into as it was being moved around as well...I almost cried when I saw. The reason of my price is that to fix the CF correctly...the WHOLE quarter panel should be replaced, not monkey fix glued in. The OEM cost of JUST those rear quarters is over $13,600.00, then add labor paint etc etc, easy a $20-$25K job. Yes I agree the VT cars are under 300K still, but here we are about talking a SV as is the case with the others now priced well above the $350K mark. SV cars and SE cars and 6.0. are the rare of the bunch. The 99 SV car listed here is made in only 27 examples where your SE 30 was made in 150 copies, so this SV is slightly rarer then your SE30 by numbers alone...BOTH the SV and SE are RARE RWD cars, which again commands a presidium over a AWD VT...at least IMO.

So who knows. I can tell you that I recall these cars trading 10 years ago in the $125k range....yea you will never see taht again...so lets check back here in 10 years and say remember when this $675K car was $395K???.

OH and FYI, the GTR is not street legal for the USA but my 2000 #74 Diablo GT IS, titled and insured correctly for the USA as is all the 4 other examples here in the USA> NOW thats a BAD ASS rare car and MINE is not for sale.

13. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Well I'm not selling, just going by auction results for US & Europe, the SE30s are, or at least that ones I know of, have all traded for over 300, some a lot more.

Good grief on the blue VT, that is terrible, I wonder what was in the carfax that had you thinking it is a story car?

I think you're correct on where prices will be somewhere down the line, some due to inflation, even fewer remaining 'clean' cars. I do wonder how you managed to get a GT titled, doesn't it have a Euro VIN? I know once a car hits 25 years old things change but it's too early for that. And, RWilson's Orange GT that was on the market 2 years ago for just over 600, it was not titled for US, I don't know if it stayed in the US but if so, I wonder how it got a regular title.

14. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    6.0 and sv, 6.0 is my choice had a 98 sv didnt care for it as much as the 6.0 .owning a few diablosin the past hard to swallow the asking prices now adays to get back into one again .

15. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    Yes, RT GT car is ON USA title and is still here in the PNW...

16. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    I owned this car 5 or so years ago.

17. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    thats about when i had my 98 sv also