The Collection in Coral Gables - recent experiences? | FerrariChat

The Collection in Coral Gables - recent experiences?

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Buzios, Aug 27, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Buzios

Buzios Karting

Aug 5, 2018
    I’m looking at a 2009 F430 that The Collection in Coral Gables has on inventory. A search on FChat shows consistently bad reviews from folks that bought from them, which has me a little worried. All of those reviews were from 2009-2011, though, nothing more recent. I’m curious if anyone has heard anything about The Collection more recently (or, even better, has a firsthand perspective to share).

Also, any recommendations for a very thorough F430 PPI around Coral Gables?

Thanks!

2. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Terrible customer service, terrible pricing, they have a we don't care attitude, and i get why bc miami is full of people with more money than brains so if you don't overpay someone else will. I never in my life would take another ferrari back to them for service. Terrible place.

If you need a PPI, send it to matt burns, he was actually the service manager there at the collection, he's got a small shop in cutler bay, super nice and honest guy ill pm you his number. He's the only guy i let work on my car now. Fair pricing, but cutler bay is maybe 20 minutes south of coral gables if you're ok with that.

craterface likes this.
  3. 360RossoFiorano

360RossoFiorano Formula Junior

Aug 1, 2006
    Palmetto Bay, FL
    I’ve been a client at The Collection since 2005. I’ve had a 360, California and now 458...I purchased the 360 back in 05, had small issue with the oil sump system within the first week and they did right by getting the factory involved right away! There’s always good or bad reviews/experiences cause everyone has different issues. I’ve personally had a good experience since 05. Yes there’s people that have left from sales/management/techs/service advisors but I’ll continue to take my cars there for service and repairs. Matt is awesome and extremely knowledgeable glad to know that he’s still around!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Buzios likes this.
  4. flifer

flifer Karting

Mar 3, 2016
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Mike
    +1000 on this

On the sales side they're extremely overpriced but at least carry quality cars like any other authorized dealer.

On the service side they're quite possibly the worst dealer I've ever encountered from any brand. The service advisors will not return voicemails and 9 out of 10 times will never pick up the phone. I've never had such a hard time getting someone on the phone in my life (let alone a luxury dealer) And this wasn't a one time only issue, I'm talking about over the course of the last 4 years I've had my car it's the same crappy experience every time.

I've also heard quite a few horror stories from mechanics that used to work there about how sloppy their garage is. I take my car up to Fort Lauderdale for warranty repairs now. It's worth the extra drive.

F355 Fan 82 likes this.
  5. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    I have no personal experience but they do not have a good reputation.

6. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    But the dealership doesn't come with the car. Get a PPI, negotiate like any other place. Buy the car if all's well.

Florida (the entire state apparently) has been condemned as the pit by many, and to be avoided at all costs re exotic car purchases.

ag512bbi and HotShoe like this.
  7. msgsobe

msgsobe Formula 3

Aug 10, 2006
    Miami Beach/Aspen
    Full Name:
    Mark Gold
    AVOID AT ALL COSTS!
    Brought my Porsche GT2 to them for service. mechanic TOTALED it on a joyride! had to sue them to get paid!!!

8. HankCarp

HankCarp Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Aug 11, 2006
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Hank Carpenter
    I work in Sales at Ferrari Maserati of Fort Lauderdale and have been with Ferrari for over 15 years. It’s really not fair to say the whole state of Florida is “to be avoided at all costs re exotic car purchases”... There are a lot of good dealers in Florida and South Florida is an amazing place to own an exotic. I’ve worked really hard for over 15 years to have a great reputation in this business so please don’t just “group” everyone together as Bad Apples... That’s just not accurate!!

9. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    I agree. I bought my car here . No problems. OTHER people across the country seem to have this stigma about Florida. Not me though. Best wishes Hank.

10. HankCarp

HankCarp Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Aug 11, 2006
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Hank Carpenter
    Thanks Blackbolt22. We appreciate your business and if you ever hear anyone talking negative about the Ferrari Dealers in South Florida, or anywhere for that matter, please give them my number. I would be happy to talk to them. 336-516-3855
    It’s impossible to please everyone, but we will always give it our best shot at Ferrari Maserati of Fort Lauderdale!!

Hank

11. Florida Joe

Florida Joe Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    South Florida
    I purchased a Maserati QP from Ft Lauderdale F/M and found they always went out of their way. Zero complaints. Contemplating a Portofino and have no qualms purchasing from them again.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

12. spieler

spieler Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2012
    miami florida
    I second that, ferrari/maserati Fort Lauderdale is a great place and Hank is a pleasure to work with ( they bought my manual 360) .
    I bought some Porsches with Collection and did not get any pb either

13. 458 Spider 0414

458 Spider 0414 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2017
    MIAMI, FLORIDA
    Full Name:
    RAY
    Ferrari of Ft. Lauderdale is a fine dealer with exceptional people... it is a pleasure to take my Ferrari for service there. AND.... Hank is an amazing guy who is simply the most dedicated Ferrari sales associate I know... Thier service department, especially Christian is amazing...

My 458 Spider goes nowhere else but Ferrari of Ft. Lauderdale.

My 2 cents guys....
    Ray,
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. HankCarp

HankCarp Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Aug 11, 2006
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Hank Carpenter
    Thanks Joe for the kind words. Please let me know if I can help with the Portofino.

Hank Carpenter
    336-516-3855

458 Spider 0414 likes this.
  15. HankCarp

HankCarp Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Aug 11, 2006
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Hank Carpenter
    Ray,

Thanks and I appreciate the kind words. I love my job!
    Please let me know if I can help with anything.

Hank Carpenter
    [email protected]
    336-516-3856

458 Spider 0414 likes this.
  16. Continental AutoSports

Sponsor

Aug 22, 2006
    Hinsdale, IL
    Full Name:
    Bobby Williams / Parts Manager
    +1. ALL Ferrari authorized dealers I've ever dealt with in Florida are top-notch. Not jut towing the company line either.

17. HankCarp

HankCarp Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Aug 11, 2006
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Hank Carpenter
    Thanks and I would have to agree with you...

18. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    I can only speak from personal experience. I have bought at least 25 cars and traded in a bunch at the Collection. I have always been treated with respect and in a business like manner. I actually have become friends and feel like I'm coming home when I see all the people I know who have worked there for years. It's a beautiful dealership with great people and the service department has gone out of there way for me on many occasions.

Like anywhere else no place is perfect, but people like Pete, Nicolas and Bobby who have helped me when I've ordered new cars are great. Tim and Matt in the service department are super and really care. I suggest getting to know them and developing a relationship. I have a group buddies who insist on top quality as do I and we wouldn't be customers for the last 25+ years if we weren't treated right.

19. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Just an FYI, Matt Burns have been gone from the collection for 5 years :)

20. Michaelw488

Michaelw488 Karting

Mar 20, 2018
    Full Name:
    Michael W
    I have had nothing but terrible experience at the collection! Ft.Lauvderdale Ferrari has been extremely helpful & willing to go that extra mile to make their clients happy.

21. msgsobe

msgsobe Formula 3

Aug 10, 2006
    Miami Beach/Aspen
    Full Name:
    Mark Gold
    AVOID at all costs! Brought my 911 GT2 for service and they TOTALED it! had to sue them to get paid. Google the owner Ken Gorin and his arrests.

22. TeamMeggy

TeamMeggy Rookie

Jan 6, 2019
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Luca
    Their Ferrari guys seem to be pretty lazy & haven't returned calls. Nick Edwards from their Porsche team was really helpful when I tried selling a GT2 Street to them & even introduced me to a couple of Porsche collectors.