Mr. Glickenhaus | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Mr. Glickenhaus

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Dilusha, Aug 19, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    newsflash.
    nobody gives a damn.

BJK, BT, merstheman and 2 others like this.
  2. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    #127 Jakuzzi, Sep 6, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    Steve Who?...…….. Not kidding.

3. Ducman491

Ducman491 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2004
    Mentor OH
    Full Name:
    Jason
    You don’t have to know a wing nut from a lug nut to recognize that muirasv literally brow beat Jim into leaving. Once you had victory on the 0846 debate here you just couldn’t let it go. Still can’t. Now you want to take down the Modulo. Enjoy yourself.

BJK and BT like this.
  4. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #129 miurasv, Sep 6, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    Is it acceptable to you that Glickenhaus still to this day goes out of his way to perpetuate the nonsense that his proven fake P4 is the Daytona winner 0846? Well it isn't to me and no, I won't be letting it go until he stops, which will probably be never. If anyone browbeat him into leaving here it was Glickenhaus himself.

The new Glickenhaus site: https://glickenhaus.racing/collection/

Texas Forever likes this.
  5. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    miura, i dont know if you are familiar with this term, but you are a troll.

carguyjohn350, BJK and Ducman491 like this.
  6. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    He's a boss and not a single F is given. He does what he wants, when he wants, and how he wants. I like that car more each time I see it.

7. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    He's no longer here. Take your pompous BS elsewhere.

carguyjohn350, BJK, Ducman491 and 2 others like this.
  8. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Doesent bothrr me at all. If the period Car has disappeared this is more than an authentic stand in.
    Seriously what difference does it make, it’s all George Washington’s axe.

The only really inmolested Car was thecan am, from what I remember Jim would have saved that, whereas it go rebodied into a p4 and you and others remained silent.
    That to me was a travesty on multiple levels.

crinoid and Ducman491 like this.
  9. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Nobody cares. Move on with your life. Do something. Build something.

carguyjohn350 likes this.
  10. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #135 miurasv, Sep 10, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
    Now tell me exactly what I have copied and pasted/parroted/used second hand inaccurate information from printed media and interwebs without support. You have made the accusations against me above, so now post the evidence to substantiate the FULL content of your totally unjustified and malicious post.

11. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    For me personally, I admired JG quite a bit when I initially joined FChat many years ago. Some of his posts were a bit narcissistic for my liking, but on the whole I enjoyed his comments and that fact that he was so engaged with cars and Ferrari in particular. As the '0846' debate evolved and Jim doubled down on his claims about his replica, threatened to sue anyone who disputed it's authenticity, and continues even today in the face of a mountain of facts to claim his car is the actual/original '0846' LeMans winning car, I began to find him boorish and even damaging to the hobby by placing his reputation and cash in place of actual facts to try and prove the his car was something other than a replica. Now, I do love the looks and I think it's an amazing machine, but the insistence it's something other than a copy (albeit a very cool one) got to be similar to the people that insists the world is flat. It was just too much to rebound from.

On the other side, I didn't know who SR was but I was very interested in the sheer amount of detail and research that was shared with all of us about '0846' and the replica car. It's similar to watching an archaeologist at work and I thought it was fascinating. But, Steve's posts have also become boorish when he evolves from a reasonable critique about a replica Ferrari to attacking anything from JG at nauseum. I understand the issues and animosity that exists after all that's happened, and I even understand pushing beyond reasonable because there are so many members that are giving JG a pass on something that I suspect nobody else would get a freebie on (especially when reading the outright hateful comments directed at owners of other replicas in that section), but when he starts harping on the Modulo that was converted for road use so it can be shared with the hobby it gets to be too much. Ad Hominem attacks on all things JG damages Steve's credibility just like insisting the fake is the real car damaged JG's credibility.

So, nobody wins.

carguyjohn350, BJK, boxerman and 4 others like this.
  12. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I'm breaking my vow to say, Bravo!

JAM1 likes this.
  13. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    one
    Pininfarina is dead of a Vespa crash, run over by a Ford ironically, the firm went bankrupt after that event, and now design soft drink dispensers for Jack in the Box??

Ferrari almost likewise, in that NO one there would know or recall the 512S, if one bit them square in the arse!! Trying hard to follow you're point, but as always from the other thread, the only way to answer your issues is for Mr. G to work for you??

Oh, more to your point, they SOLD it he BOUGHT it.
    Could have filled it with ferns in the yard if he wished, but now it lives and breathes.

Sorry Dale, I was off building AIA sandcastles the weekend Modulo was awarded it's prize, but if you know where to look he's not hard t find.

14. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Modulo would have also made a nice soft drink dispenser, ....:D :D :D

IMO.....

No one would have gotten the joke......

15. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    Just a bit sad the whole restoration and breathing life into the Modulo is not on this forum.

BJK and Ducman491 like this.
  16. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    and have armchair anoraks like steve bash him every other post?
    pfff why bother.

BJK, Jakuzzi, Ducman491 and 1 other person like this.
  17. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    While I agree with your first part... The second part which is just the way you feel... and by the way you are allowed to feel however you want... I just want to provide a tiny bit of perspective...

Those that have over chromed over shiny concours restorations bought and paid for by people who have no love or feel for the machine save its value and potential prize are NEEDED.

They keep the craftsman busy and PAID. Without these guys we would lose alot of skilled people and their art could be gone forever. While you may find it an "evil" it is a nessecary one.

Those guys keep the doors open and the guys with wrenchs paid.

18. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Hate to say it... but he did it to himself. He would have more people kissing his ass than jumpiing it if he said have a nice day. The JG fanboys far outweigh the 6 to 8 people who have negative views. Seriously

miurasv and Texas Forever like this.
  19. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Really?

Jims level of credibility especially after 0846? Really?

miurasv likes this.
  20. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I think people should, Jim posted here thousands of times that 0846 was real and still doing it elsewhere, why don’t you and others allow a different view?

Igor Ound, miurasv and Texas Forever like this.
  21. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Agreed with much much of what you are saying.

The only thing is the if the gullible buy any car based on a chassis plate and over pay comment... i too agree with that... but when you go on every form of media trying to change the story and spew the story of it winning etc... and that its real.... it perpetuates a potential fraudlent story. Its not very smart and its not very ethical in my opinion. Now if he sold it with the disclosure of that then it would be great. The buyer is allowed to believe whatever he wants and if he chooses to ignore it... hey as long as he is happy.

Like I have always said. Still a VERY VERY cool car.

boxerman likes this.
  22. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Umm, please tell me how many posts 0846 has gotten the last year or so?

23. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Lol... so you are celebrating the fact the he has perpetuated a false story... and continues to do so despite all the evidence? Really?

24. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Actually, they do - otherwise there would be zero posts and zero likes in this thread

rob lay likes this.
  25. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I
    You mean guys like steve who have been a huge help to make sure a fraudulent (claim didn't go on to become ferrari history lore. What did steve have to gain by all of his research? NOTHING. He didn't make a penny. He essentially wasted his own personal time in search of the truth. Just because it doesn't make a person feel good and Jims a nice guy... doesn't make it not the truth.

Let me be clear... I am not calling jim a fraud... Im just saying the story that has been perpetuated looks like it has turned out to be a false story.

And if one guy is enough to upset jim and send him off... he needs to get thicker skin... but this isn't the case. He moved on because the echo chamber has dampened

miurasv, tomgt and Texas Forever like this.