Sold - 1988 Ferrari Mondial Convetible | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Sold 1988 Ferrari Mondial Convetible

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by 97diablo, Sep 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    It has a Previous Salvage Title, this means at one time it had a salvage title but was fixed and went through state inspection declaring it road worthy again.

2. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    You and a couple other people have posted that but where are you getting that from? Not sure how it works in all states but I think in most the title of a salvage car will always be "branded" somehow. I know here in WA they are sold on a bill of sale and still say it was a salvage car. Here is what google says about Michigan... "Rebuilt Vehicles. After a vehicle titled with a salvage title has been repaired or rebuilt, it can be titled and registered for road use again. The vehicle must first pass an inspection by a specially-trained law enforcement officer. After the inspection, a new title is issued with the legend "REBUILT SALVAGE."

So unless it was salvaged and rebuilt in another state the title would still show salvage. The seller says he has a clear title.

3. 97diablo

97diablo Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 6, 2007
    #28 97diablo, Sep 12, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2018

YES 100% tile is a CLEAR title!!! I GUARANTEE the title I have is a clear Michigan title for this vehicle. Kevin who posted on this thread physically saw the car and title also.
    Car fax is very well known for making mistakes.

4. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    In person or looked it up on carfax?

5. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister

Some states do and some states dont. The accident/issue will always remain in the cars history. Some states will physically stamp or have a special box for prior salvage/rebuilt whatever brand they decide. I just bought and sold a viper which was/is stamped on the title "prior salvage" here in MN. When the car was registered in WI, there was no such stamp or notation what so ever.

6. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister

PM sent thanks.

7. 97diablo

97diablo Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 6, 2007
    Thank you for your post. Please call or text. Thanks.

8. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Which is exactly why I said I wasn't sure how all states worked. Seems from the info online that a Michigan title is supposed to say rebuilt or salvage. Never know I guess, I'm still curious where several posters are seeing it's a salvage car, Carfax maybe?

9. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    title is in your name or previous owner ? dated from when ?

10. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    I can't believe this car is still for sale at this price. Somebody is going to get a deal of the year here. Can't wait to see who gets it!

11. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Its all well and good to voice an opinion within the terms of our rules.

But really, throwing out info on title status is IMO akin to shouting FIRE! in a crowded theater.
    If you are going to BUY the car, work that out with the seller, in my mind....

He says it's a normal title.
    As stated CARFX has been known to err, and unless anyone sees a large accident in it's past, that may be the case.
    Looks like the eBay description admits to some real life dents and dings that have been repaired.
    To be expected.....

It would be rare for insurance to repair a crashed convertible, they don't even like doing it with coupes!!

12. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Indeed, as stated the engine trans would go for that, at FerrParts

Wade likes this.
  13. 97diablo

97diablo Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 6, 2007
    I appreciate the post. Thank You!!! Exactly my thoughts, everybody has the words of wisdom and there 2 cents, and I appreciate the input. All info has been given on this vehicle. First off the vehicle had a bank loan on it, which is paid off and a clear, CLEAN title is in hand. I do not believe a bank would finance a salvage vehicle. I could be wrong. Also my insurance company insured vehicle no problem and I don't believe they would insure a salvage vehicle.
    Again, the engine and trans are probably worth or close to worth what I'm asking for a complete car that runs and drives EXCELLENT. Also looks excellent. Top is like brand new as well. Great car!!!

14. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    salvage cars are title washed all the time.

thecarreaper likes this.
  15. 97diablo

97diablo Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 6, 2007
    #40 97diablo, Sep 13, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    Henry it sounds like you know the gentleman that came out yesterday and looked at the car and was trying to low ball me yesterday and today offered me $18,000 for the car. Engine and trans are worth more than that. Pretty insulting. He came in my garage and saw my other cars when he was here. Is this how you know I have a Countach??
    Maybe just a coincidence but seems like maybe you are working with him. He kept texting someone down south asking there opinion about the car, said it was his brother. Was that you??

With all do respect if your not interested in the car why keep up the words of wisdom??

The car speaks for itself. Truly a solid great little convertible Ferrari for a great price.

16. MaseratiMike

MaseratiMike Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Sorry to say but the car interior looks a little rough and especially for less than 30,000 miles - the seats look heavily worn/leather damage and the engine bay from the pictures don't tell a good maintenance story. Its either not been looked after or has a much higher mileage....

The odometers on these can be unplugged very easily, with no paperwork to backup the maintenance/mileage it will be a bit of a gamble

GLWS

17. 97diablo

97diablo Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 6, 2007
    Another with wise words. Lol

If your not interested in the car why speak?

You have not seen it, driven it, done any sort of inspection what so ever, yet have all this to say. Sounds intelligent.

18. 97diablo

97diablo Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 6, 2007
    It gets a little frustrating when you have all the commentary from the computer cowboys that probably never even owned any type of exotic.

It's a lower end Ferrari, I'm asking cheap money for the car. I've seen ones on eBay, DuPont, Hemmings, and cars dot com for minimal $50,000 that were not red/tan, up to $85,000.

The car is a 1988. These cars get sat in just sitting in your garage, so yes they may show some patina. In person this car shows EXTREMLY WELL!!

FYI it may be sold anyway.

Thanks for all the interest.

19. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    can you see your avatar ?

Mbutner and thecarreaper like this.
  20. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    and i agree it looks like a good deal for someone looking to get into the fcar world....

21. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    I consider myself a Mondial expert having owned 18 of them. Based on the photos, mileage, which can be verified with Carfax as well, 1988 is the best year for the entire Mondial series. I am still in shock this car didn't sell in 24 hours at this price. If I didn't already have one I would have sent the check last night without even seeing it or calling him.. LOL.

ScottS likes this.
  22. MaseratiMike

Mar 15, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Considering I own a Mondial QV Coupe in much better condition and know them very well, I would say I am more intelligent than you when it comes to this!

Classic car values are mostly about condition and history.

If you are not willing to accept factual comments or observations, why stick this on a forum? Put it on a classified or eBay auction instead.

Sigh, yet another clown.....

23. MaseratiMike

Mar 15, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Lol... Not the sharpest tool in the shed

24. 97diablo

97diablo Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 6, 2007
    Yes a real MONDIAL AUTHORITY HERE!! You really own ONE MONDIAL??? Your not worth my time. A real jack ass that needs attention.

Scaledetails likes this.
  25. 97diablo

97diablo Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 6, 2007
    The back and forth stupidity is not necessary. I have a very nice 1988 Mondial convertible for sale with a CLEAN, CLEAR title. If you are not a buyer please keep the useless commentary to your self. Like I said it may be sold but if you are an interested buyer please contact me. I have posted my phone number.