F1 at RM private Sales | FerrariChat

F1 at RM private Sales

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by jeffdej, Aug 31, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jeffdej

jeffdej Rookie

Oct 22, 2008
    westchester, ny, us
    Full Name:
    JEFF DeJOSEPH
    there's been an announcement that RM had a private treaty F1--anyone know more?

2. Dansage

Dansage Karting

May 20, 2012
    It's the Schein family's car. Came out of Brunei and got the aero kit installed

3. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    An associate of mine saw that car in 2006 and asked if it was for sale and was told no. I think he told me the controls were labeled in Arabic at that time (the car was yellow then). The car then showed up on Ebay not to long after that. I bid to $1.3M but it wasn't enough. I think it sold later that year for under $2M.
    If I'd only...

4. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Yeah, chassis #014 with the HDF kit (white car with black wheels). It is a frequent visitor at Monterey. It's been for sale since at least that week, but I guess they are waiting for good photos to put on their website. It should sell quickly. The only McLaren I'm aware of that took over 6 months to sell recently was an F1 GTR Longtail (27R), which is by far the least streetable even when converted for road use...

5. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Any of the street going versions for sale currently? Just wondering what they are trading at.

6. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    .[/QUOTE]

I don't know of any, but if they are, you are looking at upwards of $10M

7. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Most recent ones sold in low $20s. Those being chassis #073 (has an LM-spec engine, but is not one of the 6 true LMs). Also #060 sold for mid $20s recently and had delivery miles with wrapping still throughout the interior. #014, the car this thread is about, is for sale in low $20s iirc. It has an LM-style high down force kit, but is not an LM. I'm not sure what other road cars have gone for recently, but high teens at the lowest likely.

8. aaronrgonz

aaronrgonz Karting
    Miami 2018

Apr 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Aaron Gonzales
    Dang, that would have been an awesome collectible to have.

9. aaronrgonz

aaronrgonz Karting
    Miami 2018

Apr 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Aaron Gonzales
    How do you figure this? Just curious.

10. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Pls stop bumping 8 month old threads.