Mr. Glickenhaus | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Mr. Glickenhaus

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Dilusha, Aug 19, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    im a punchline type guy and i successfully ignored this debate since the beginning. can someone tell me who was it who ultimately called Jim out and what was the defining piece of evidence?

2. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Steve Robinson called him out. The defining piece of evidence (lots of pieces to choose from) for me was the May 10, 2016 letter from Mauro Forghieri to Steve Robinson, designer/creator at Ferrari of the real 330 P3/P4 #0846, that refers to Jim' car as "falsa P4 di Glinkenhaus[sic]". Forghieri is outright calling Jim's car a fake after reviewing the comparative photos. End of story.

3. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Indeed, I wonder how many other members have gotten away with threatening to sue people without being banned?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Like most realized ideas, it would have been a collaboration resulting from something as simple as JG expressing that he'd like something along the visual and modern ultra-performance lines of the P3/4 based upon modern running gear, and AP noting that they could likely do it with an Enzo. It wouldn't have been realized without both parties' contributions.

Carry-on with your crusade. Looking forward to your more impressive SRSG-1 on the road!!

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Jim has fan base collateral, Jim has legal collateral, and Jim just has collateral.

6. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Which of Jim’s 2 “Ferraris” inspired by p3/4 is more valuable?

7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Enzo > Scud?

8. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    That’s not the 2 cars I was referring to. :) The scud is not even a “pretend” Ferrari now. ;)

9. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Legal collateral? Anybody can threaten to sue. What bugged me was FerrariChat let him get away with it.

G. Pepper likes this.
  10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    from a mod standpoint and being experts at trolling behavior, some users are just really good at innuendo and getting a message across without saying it. most of our mod actions have to come from saying it.

11. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Huh??? Glickenhaus threatened to sue me. I didn't think it was innuendo. I told him to bring in on. He never did.

G. Pepper likes this.
  12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    in a post? please reference.

13. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Don't have the time or interest. It was probably in the 2011/2012 timeframe.

14. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I don't doubt it, I just have never seen him come right out and say it in a post. Heck, Jim just threatened legal against me yesterday, but it was offline. I told him "sounds good". :D

Texas Forever likes this.
  15. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    If the time comes that he actually files against this site please make the members aware. I wouldn't have an issue paying an augmented fee for such a cause and I doubt many others would either.

16. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Good for you. Getting sued sucks. But one good thing is you get open-ended discovery. You can ask any questions on anything.

17. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    yes, our policy is any legal threats we make public to the entire 170k membership.

G. Pepper and Texas Forever like this.
  18. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    The evolution of childish treats:

"My daddy can beat up your daddy!"

"I'll sue!"

19. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #194 miurasv, Sep 21, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    Since you keep asking, re Glickenhaus's SCG003 that you are going on about, shouldn't its real name be MAT00... whatever number... by Paolo Garella, which is who really built these cars? Yes, I know with JG's money. Has Glickenhaus actually built and completed any car yet? Just curious.

20. willrace

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Golden Rule of naming the project. Jim has the gold to finance the project and name it anything he wants.
    Ummmm...... Asking about the existence of JG cars that have track times, and even one you've provided video of, is a little.......... awkward. :D

21. willrace

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Good lord - for WHAT?

22. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #197 miurasv, Sep 21, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    Yes we all know he has the finance but what has JG/SCG cars designed/built and completed in its New York Factory?

23. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    If the "story" ended on May 10, 2016, why are so many still here arguing and creating more confusing or misleading claims regarding it (see above) ?

Also, while the "story" of the 0846 or its "ending"(?) was never really that important to me and likely will not have any effect on my life or the price of rice in upcoming years, I apologize for questioning something probably obvious, but could you or some one point me to this "letter" or published photo copy of it ?
    I admit I wasn't following the saga very closely and must've just missed that post or link to its publication and I'm not interested enough to dig thru all that nonsense again.

My last (vague) recollections from "that thread" is that eventually someone was posting a lot of pictures with multi color lines and arrows pasted all over them, but when I (and perhaps others ?) questioned the authenticity and origin of each of them, no one, including the poster, bothered to come forward to offer verifiable proof or at least reasonable evidence to remove any doubt which photo actually represented which exact car/VIN. I also recall inquiring, more than once, about the bona fides, including first-hand experiences of a certain "expert", but to no avail. Perhaps I was just too far back in the peanut gallery or focusing on something other than prevailing narrative of the disagreement at the moment to be bothered with.

So, as far as I see it, no one won that argument and as long as that or any other potential outcome doesn't effect handling or performance of any of my cars, I really don't care.
    The world history is filled to the brim with much much more important discrepancies or misrepresentations effecting everyday lives of many to waste this much time and energy to argue over a single car or it's owner.
    OTOH, I guess we all need some justification for our mere existence, both here and in the real world.

24. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    it is well know his MO and many things users didn't see over the years. honestly, doesn't cause me any problems. I may not agree exactly with Jim on 0846 or a few of his other cars, but Jim is an amazing enthusiast, collector, and now builder. Jim has always been nice to me whether Pebble Beach, Crescent Classic, or a personal tour of his NY base and house. I actually gave Jim suggestions as a friend what he should do, if he went another direction and did get FerrariChat involved it would be the equivalent of "shooting your own foot". I don't want friends to do that.

boxerman and Texas Forever like this.
  25. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Mostly Steve, but I think I had a hand in it as well pushing for confirmation of the front of the car. Everyone was concentrated on the back