Delta Vee | FerrariChat

Delta Vee

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by scowman, Aug 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scowman

scowman Formula 3

Mar 25, 2014
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Stu Boogie
    I have emailed several times from different accounts in case I was going to their junk inbox. I've called but no answer and the message says to email.

I've even inquired on their website contact box. No response.

Does anyone have any other route of communication?

I know they take a long time but I've not heard anything so long as 14 weeks.

2. scowman

scowman Formula 3

Mar 25, 2014
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Stu Boogie
    Contact!

Thanks to anyone who helped contact Delta Vee.

Rob Schermerhorn (Delta Vee)
    7:31 AM (2 hours ago)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    to me

Hi Ken, 8 apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, we are working as best as we can. Please know that 14 weeks is typical, and we do go beyond that regularly. I do not have a completion date estimate as we're on the road currently.

I'm flagging your order for scrutiny when we get back.

Rob Schermerhorn
    Delta Vee Motorsports LLC

3. Gizzi

Gizzi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 3, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Gezim
    Rob from Delta V is on the road A LOT during the racing season, hence the tough time getting in contact with him. I've dealt with him, OUTSIDE of racing season, and the turnaround is very quick. Be patient, as these guys are the best in my opinion.

4. scowman

scowman Formula 3

Mar 25, 2014
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Stu Boogie
    Today is 5 months since Delta Vee received my 456 shocks. They have both front and rear. My last communication wtih DV is above. They were going to "flag" my order almost two months ago. Since then I have not heard back from them. I have emailed and called but no response.

At this point I'm at a loss of what to do.

*Buy new shocks from SPUK: $1050 sterling from SPUK. Only the rears are avaialable. If DV ever repairs my shocks I could sell them here I guess.
    * Try to get my shocks back from DV and send them to Bilstien UK for repair. Problem is two of the them have leaking top seals and only DV can replace those. I also don't know how to get my shocks back from DV as I cannot get ahold of them.
    * Wait it out. The problem I have with that is there is no communication with DV and no sense of when I will get my shocks repaired.

This is really eating at me. I keep looking at my phone every day hoping I will hear from them. I've been doing that for four months and I see no end in sight. It's been very depressing.

Thoughts please.

5. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    There is simply no excuse for the way DV treat us, where on there site does it say it could take 14 weeks.

6. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Wait it out. Rob is a good guy, but the shop gets overwhelmed. There's no one else who does the work he does, so there's really no choice...
    FWIW, when I got mine back and had a problem (which was install related,) Rob went above and beyond to get things sorted.

7. scowman

scowman Formula 3

Mar 25, 2014
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Stu Boogie
    Thanks for the reply and your advice is tempting but how long do I wait? Six months? A year? How long has everyone waited? Maybe that is a good question to ask?

I'm just so frustrated over this. My car has been on jacks for six months and I can't get a timeline for coming off them.

8. scowman

scowman Formula 3

Mar 25, 2014
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Stu Boogie
    I wish it was 14 weeks. I'm at 22 weeks today and counting. I haven't heard from them for 7 weeks. What is it I have do to get DV's attention?

9. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    Get the parts back and send them straight to Eibach? That's where I had my 355 shocks rebuilt and don't remember any problems with the process. Their pricing is also much better.

10. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I called and emailed, try calling early in the day and see if Rob answers the phone. I think mine took 5 months.

Only Delta Vee replaces the proprietary seal on the shock, one of the reasons they charge more. They also give a lifetime transferrable warranty, and I can tell you from experience, they turn around repairs when needed.

That said, I have sympathy for them, I know what it's like to run a small business, but they need to get better at communication.

11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I haven't dealt with Rob since he was a sponsor 10+ years ago, but after my recent experience with the 328 interior don't be "too nice". I was "too nice" and although I checked in every 1-2 months, I still didn't get car back for 2 years.

350MH83 likes this.
  12. scowman

scowman Formula 3

Mar 25, 2014
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Stu Boogie
    Holy smokes. Two years. I feel like I'm going to vomit...

350MH83 likes this.
  13. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    FYI if not clear, it wasn't Rob, it was Norwoods Auto Italia contracting with a local interior shop. Imagine how long if I didn't even check in every 1-2 months? I was honestly putting as much pressure as I could all considering Norwoods are friends and have been a good shop for me.

14. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    He is talking 2 years for a lot more work - not just shocks.

I'll get you the name of another later today. My tech friend mentioned another company to me last week but I don't recall the name - give me a few hours.

15. scowman

scowman Formula 3

Mar 25, 2014
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Stu Boogie
    Appreciate it.

16. mb60

mb60 Rookie

Jan 23, 2013
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Stu,

I have had the same experience with Rob, he doesn't answer the phone and his voicemail tells you to contact him via email or through his website. All of those contacts went unanswered as well. If he doesn't have the time to return my emails, then he doesn't have the time to rebuild my shocks, so I found someone else.

I just had a set of bilsteins from a customer's 512M rebuild by Anze Suspension. They did a fantastic job and you can speak to the owner on the phone.

One thing to keep in mind is that after the shocks are rebuilt they need to be recharged with nitrogen. To do this without adding a schrader valve to the shock requires a special charging manifold. Because the 512M is a concours car we decided to have the proper manifold made, so that may add some time to process, but you might get lucky and the same manifold he made for mine may fit yours as well.

Get your shocks back from Rob and send them to Angelo at Anze Suspension.

www.anzesuspension.com

Matt

Konadog06 likes this.
  17. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Matt just replied directly so there is your answer.

Konadog06 likes this.
  18. scowman

scowman Formula 3

Mar 25, 2014
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Stu Boogie
    Thanks,

I sent them an email to see if they can do the 456 shocks with the leaky accuator seal.

19. wbklink

wbklink F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Bill Karp
    Interesting thread... I talked to him a few years ago thinking I was going to need to rebuild. (had no trouble reaching him )
    There is still no sign of leaking 83,ooo miles :)

20. scowman

scowman Formula 3

Mar 25, 2014
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Stu Boogie
    Good news you have no leaking.

I guess things have changed for him. I've heard from others (via PM) that they had similar problems getting in contact with DV.

21. scowman

scowman Formula 3

Mar 25, 2014
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Stu Boogie
    So DV just responded. I'm not sure what it means. I not jumping to conclusions...

2:46 PM (1 hour ago)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    to me
    [​IMG]

What's your shipping address

22. JayEff

JayEff Karting

Aug 8, 2017
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    John
    Sounds like you are about to be back on the road. :)

23. scowman

scowman Formula 3

Mar 25, 2014
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Stu Boogie
    I’m praying that’s the case.

24. scowman

scowman Formula 3

Mar 25, 2014
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Stu Boogie
    Done. The shocks are on their way. This is finally coming to an end. If they arrive tomorrow it will be about 25 weeks since I shipped them off. I have nothing else to say.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

[​IMG]Fri, Oct 12, 11:13 AM (5 days ago)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    to me
    [​IMG]

Hi Ken,

Invoice is attached, in acknowledgement of your expressed disappointment in your expectation of timely services, we will cover the cost of expedited UPS shipping.

Please bank wire $2,034.80 to: xxxxxx [WOULD NOT TAKE MY CREDIT CARD-COST ME $30]

We can ship Monday if funds are confirmed received end of business today. Please are out of town next week Wednesday and unable to ship that day.

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

25. Affordable Supercar

BANNED

Aug 20, 2018
    Over TWO THOUSAND bucks for the job? Good googly moogly

350MH83 likes this.