Monza SP1 & SP2 | Page 19 | FerrariChat

Monza SP1 & SP2

Discussion in 'Icona Series (SP1, SP2, & SP3)' started by ajr550, Sep 4, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
  2. tmario

tmario Formula Junior

May 11, 2004
    New York
    Full Name:
    Mario
    At least the company is making more of the money instead of dealers or owners that are on the "list" :)
    I'm all for it. Let them sell at market price!

LARRYH likes this.
  3. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I did a TM yesterday and they had the Portofino red Monza SP1 in the room. Honestly, it is stunning, just beautiful. The bonnet area is huge but in a very very good way. I would have no idea what I would do with one if offered but what a beautiful thing. Its lines are voluptuous but aggressive, taut but flowing, modern but harking back to a bygone era. The interior is brilliantly focused and functional and there is a clever air screen that apparently works up to 120km/h, thereafter you need a visor of some kind. I think the price seems pretty eye-watering considering the basic chassis is similar to the 812 but it probably won’t matter much in reality (the chassis I mean, the price might be a different matter). Not sure what to make of this Icona strategy. It is probably going to work big-time since there are bound to be 500 people prepared to drop this kind of money on such a beautiful and rare Ferrari. But after 4 or 5 Icona models in the next few years (my guess, no information about that) what will the market make of that? 500 new buyers will be happy if there remains 1,000+ used buyers for each model because the price will be strong. But if the sheer number of models starts to test the demand there might be an issue. Ferrari are masters of this though and it’s hard not to do anything other than celebrate that such beautiful cars are being built by such a fabulous brand.

tboniello, KenU, stavura and 9 others like this.
  4. davide b

davide b Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2007
    montecarlo
    Full Name:
    davide
    how many copies in total?

5. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill

Congrats on your ™️ PS!!! ( other thread - looks amazing !!)! . Thanks for your opinion of the Monza having seen it .... I’m still daydreaming ......... note to self - “ I must work harder !” :)

of2worlds likes this.
  6. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    JUST think about the time and money you will save not doing tailor made. That Portofino Red is THE perfect paint color and there is not much to do with that interior, especially if you choose the single seater? 'Lobby Ferrari directly!!! Now about the weather Tim had the right idea with SPAIN...

Caeruleus11 and JagShergill like this.
  7. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Just back from the show - front AND rear are 21".

8. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
  9. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
  10. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Thank you sir!

11. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Anyone who is happy to drive this without a helmet needs to have their head examined - the inside for recklessness and the outside for stone chips.

12. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Can someone help a simpleton like me ? I’ve just seen the Top Gear YouTube video from the paris show and the presenter ( deputy editor ) talks about the Icona Series being ‘above’ the Hypercars such as the Laferrari or future replacements of the Laferrari ... is that the official line ?? I’m not sure that’s true in the real world or maybe I’m just a tad confused
    Thanks all !!

13. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    The official line is that icona is a new product line. If you look at page 7 of the Ferrari capital markets day presentation from 18 September titled " introduction & strategic insights", you'll see 4 product lines: Sport, GT, Special Series (488 Pista etc) and finally Icona. There is no specific mention of the supercar part (Laferrari etc) because it is not in scope for the current 5year plan. But if there was, it would sit above these 4 lines. The reality is that Monza is priced like a laferrari aperta, but is part of a range that would constitute around 5% of annual production (see "Financial Targets" page 6). So a lot more of these cars on the way.

Hope this helps.

daytona355, JagShergill and of2worlds like this.
  14. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Thanks Barry ! I appreciate it and makes sense now

15. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The idiots at TG are the ones who are confused! ;)

stavura and JagShergill like this.
  16. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    “ All the gear, and no idea” :) :)

stavura and REALZEUS like this.
  17. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Reading through this thread thinking “what the hell do all of these guys want with the helmet!?...they going to wear it around the house???”
    Now I want one lol...

18. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Me too!

F12KID likes this.
  19. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I hear that the CF shell is actually molded to the owner's head so it fits perfectly. Kidding. But waiting for someone to post they rather have Alcantara inserts instead of leather because it better suits the sportiness of the car.

LARRYH and BarryK like this.
  20. Valerian

Valerian Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2013
    Europe
    Full Name:
    George
    Spotted the SP2 prototype yesterday in Maranello too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

stavura, Ak3, maha and 6 others like this.
  21. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    No

Shack, G. Pepper and JackCongo like this.
  22. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I don’t think the relative performance is at all relevant. Driving that car with no A or B pillars, or roof, will give a totally different sensation. And a different sensation of speed. I doubt anyone will say that car is not fast enough. It also has 21” wheels, which changes much about the drivetrain, a completely new (and carbon) body. I can see where the cost comes from. Whether someone feels that buying a rare car with no roof or screen is for them at that price is another question entirely.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  23. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    You are always welcome to try to perform the relative performance : cost analysis. It will never work out well with high end exotic cars. For a fraction of the cost you can find something that will offer you similar performance. It's always about the total package, and how that grabs hold of your imagination.

tboniello and G. Pepper like this.