How well would Hamilton do in the Schumacher/Hakinnen period? | Page 8 | FerrariChat

How well would Hamilton do in the Schumacher/Hakinnen period?

Discussion in 'F1' started by ren0312, Sep 16, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Both drivers started their specific and to their personality orchestrated "collections". After Senna died, his sister continued the effort. I give him somewhat of a pass since much of that money went to the poor kids of the streets in Sao Paulo.

MS started his "collection" while he was very much alive and in charge. Of course Weber had his doing in this but it would have never started without MS' approval. And look at some of that kitsch: Tons of t-shirts with his face on it. Great...Lots of it has nothing to do with F1, just slapping his logo on it.

To put things into perspective: I saw the same selling van also in Barcelona while MS was racing for Ferrari (no Senna collection there). He was the only living/driving F1 driver peddling his own stuff. No other driver did that. Of course the MS fans will now say, that's a testimony to his greatness and popularity. Whereas vulgarity and self-obsession come to my mind.

kraftwerk and william like this.
  2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    If I remember right (and google won't prove me wrong), Schumacher was the only driver in the history of the sport to have incurred the penalty of losing all drivers points due to reckless driving. So I rather smile when people worship Schumacher and take him as a benchmark in F1.

Best,

Andreas

Blackmamba, kraftwerk and william like this.
  3. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Oh, come on. Still this 10 years later!!

Receiving stolen stuff knowing that it´s been stolen is a crime everywhere in the world. And it was not just that "one or two rotten apples" conspired in secrecy: even the test driver was aware, as he self admitted, so you can bet that the information run all across the corporation. If Ron Dennis was not aware, then he shouldn´t be rewarded for being incompetent. And then, Ferrari even offered to make an arrangement and still Ron Dennis denied everything. That the drivers kept their points was another "ambiguous" ruling by the FIA: if a team is not legal, neither are their drivers, but I can understand that this is a business and they didn´t want to spoil the show.

The punishment probably was disproportionate because the feud with Mosley. But they were plain guilty, they failed to deal with the issue with elegance when got caught and some kind of punishment was well deserved.

sammysaber and fil like this.
  4. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    What the **** are you on? Do you not feel the tension you alone are causing in this thread at FERRARIchat?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    When did you become a communist?, I didn’t know. I thought we are all living in a free world, able to do what we like within reason and make money where we want too. If there’s a demand, someone will fill it. Why aren’t you complaining about the Elton merchandise you can buy, or any other drivers merch?

Double standards somewhere.

On your other so eloquent post, motorsport is DANGEROUS it says so on the ticket. We listen every week to the excuses from Elton fans how it’s fine to bash and barge his way past people including nerfing his own teammate out the race on many occasions, but you judge Michael
    For far less? I don’t remember any of
    Michaels moves causing a crash, let alone injury or death, or Senna. Even Maxine at full nutcase hasn’t hurt anyone (yet)

Contact happens, if the drivers all move out the way they get beat, if they don’t defend they get beat, and winning is the game. You defend your favourite for it, so don’t judge the greatest drivers for having done no more than he does

The answer - don’t watch it if rubbing tyres upsets you.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    As already someone said: just business, nothing to do with ego.

I remember that back in the day they even sold some sort of Schumacher branded salami! So Schumacher could be accused of greed, but not of egotism; if I were a F1 champion, I think that having my name on a salami would be somehow humilliating.

People buys stuff of Elvis, John Lennon, Ali, Che Guevara and even Jesuschrist. Being dead, ill or resurrected is not an obstacle for selling merchandise. I´d even say that it´s quite the opposite.

sammysaber and daytona355 like this.
  7. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I examined, commented upon, and condemned the post in question. Anything I could do here pales in comparison to the damage William does to his own reputation by having the comments stand and be forcefully rejected (as they have been) by the F1 community. I see no reason to save William from himself by comment removal or application of loss of access at this time.

It made me angry to read it too, but suggesting he's on something isn't appropriate. I'll give it a pass on this occasion but please don't repeat the charge.

All the best,
    Andrew.

8. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Wow...selling merchandizing to the purpose of making money is self-obsession now. I can only imagine what the two guys "liking" your post would have said if someone would have written the same drivel about Lewis.... it would be a "dicredit", "dismiss" or whatever of his achievements.

And let me guess: when Lewis starts to sing or do his fashion thing it is only showing his diverse interests but has nothing to do with self-obsession like a simle shirt sold to a few fans trackside

stavura, sammysaber and daytona355 like this.
  9. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    John Lennon!!!!....absolutely Fab man ..my hero, and taken more of my money than I care to admit to ,maybe more than the service bills for my red lump of metal in the garage :D I kid I kid :)

10. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Then you do not drive it enough :D

daytona355 likes this.
  11. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
  12. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
  13. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
  14. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
  15. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
  16. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
  17. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
  18. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Jeronimo GTO and sammysaber like this.
  19. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  20. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
  21. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    If anyone thinks that current f1 is a great sport after watching these videos, then I am happy to apply the correctional brain hammer for you at no cost :)

22. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
    LOL

23. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Well this thread took a nasty turn. And while I agree that some of the comments have run off the tracks, let's try not to make the replies too personal.

Remember that personal attacks can land you in the ban-bin. If you don't like what someone says, refute it, not the person making the statement.

Ok, carry on.

D

NeuroBeaker and william like this.
  24. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    He is so fake, that’s his trouble. It’s like the ‘I’m senna’ ******** he used to come out with.... just so arrogant. He is undoubtedly fast, and one of the better drivers there today, but he isn’t extra special, like senna, Giles, Prost or Schumacher, he’s just in the right car, as was Sebastian a few years ago, and button in 2009! No one claims button was a driving god, even he acknowledges the car was the difference..... Elton needs to do the same as in his last year at McLaren, he asked to park his car when he was going nowhere, while button didn’t have the same issues, and when he did, just drove it the best he could. He didn’t out drive the car like Schumacher or senna would have, nor Alonso. He is car limited where a great driver is only limited by how hard he can push himself to drive around issues.

If he put in a few races in a car that should be fifth, and made sure it won races, then we’d be more impressed, but frankly, bottles can do the same results as him, and his fanboys can claim he ‘beats’ them all they want, bottles is told to move over very often, and his strategy is based on protection of Elton even if he starts on pole.

25. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Somebody is copying and pasting the same post on different threads.
    Not sure if it's in the spirit of this forum.

Blackmamba likes this.