Mclaren Senna. | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Mclaren Senna.

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by rossocorsa, Dec 10, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    An absolutely reasonable point of view. Who just wants to have fun on the racetrack can probably buy this for less money.

Nevertheless I would buy the Senna without hesitation, if I had the money. A pure driving machine and an exclusive collector's item in one. The Senna is a hyper car, I dare say the currently best performing and most efficient hyper car.

And I can imagine he remains unique in his kind, the last of its kind, from now on it goes into electrification.

2. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    To some money is no object so driving a $1m+ car on the track is like someone else driving a $20K car. It is all relative. For me, if I was truly racing not just having fun with me street car I would prefer a purpose built track car - one that I wouldnt be so concerned about. In fact, I may just pick up a 430 or 458 challenge for just that.

3. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    I don't think anyone dropping $1m+ on a Senna is looking to use it for 'truly racing'. For most with that kind of money it's just an addition to the collection. I think there's a lot of rich car guys that are probably lucky if they do 4 or 5 'fun' track days a year. Even for them, they probably would rather have a 'double duty' car than a dedicated, purpose built track car. Car collections all relative, millionaires vs BILLIONAIRES, who take 1 of each, sight unseen, cost no object.

4. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I agree, I think cars like the Senna are really for fans who appreciate and can afford the occasional track experience in a (passing) bleeding edge, street-legal car. The Senna would also double as a cool exotic to attend the occasional concourse in.

However, having said this about the Senna, I also feel one of its admirable and potentially endearing qualities as a collectible car may turn out to be its lack of complex (racing) hybrid, battery technology, which would otherwise make it annoying as well as potentially expensive to maintain.

redcaruser and BJK like this.
  5. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    2019 Senna for sale - $2 mil
    https://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/listing/2019/mclaren/senna/1903848
    "I will be keeping my personal details private as I do not want to get in trouble with McLaren."
    yeah right, that should be real tough for McLaren to figure out.

For $2 mil, I want to pick out the spec. Have seen others sell their 'build slots'. Buyer specs the car.

6. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    NürScud and BaronM69 like this.
  7. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    Just wait, I predict there will be many

8. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    only 500 total. Short sighted flippers will be burning bridges with McLaren. Many more exciting and exclusive models to come for gazillionaires to collect.

9. e46m3

e46m3 Karting

Jul 20, 2006
    DC
    Full Name:
    Ravi
    Boomhauer, NürScud and Schatten like this.
  10. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
    Car is owned by the Kadoorie familiy. The son of Michael Kadoorie postet some pictures of it on his Instagram profile:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BmZ6Qhbn1qH/?taken-by=philipk852
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BmacuW-H6PX/?taken-by=philipk852

e46m3 likes this.
  11. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    It was just there for a couple of days.

e46m3 likes this.
  12. e46m3

e46m3 Karting

Jul 20, 2006
    DC
    Full Name:
    Ravi
    yes, he's quite active on mclarenlife (shadow77) and social media in general, and has been very open with his ownership, which personally i find a great attribute. they own some wonderful pieces of automotive history.

@Gh21631 that's too bad, but hopefully I'll get to find some more in the wild in the future!

13. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    The car is faster than necessary...this is becoming all too common nowadays with how quickly these cars go up in performance.

14. COBRA MAN OF UTAH

BANNED

Jul 1, 2011
    South Jordan, UT
    2milion wow
    Have a friend who jus found out he's getting a vintage Ferrari he didn't expect and is willing to sell his build slot u spec it and delivery early next year. Pm if any interest

15. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
  16. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
    Yeah, that happend in my hometown. Very sad thing. This guy got his Senna delivered the day before. I heard that the cause for the carsh were wet leaves which can be very dangerous in combination with the Pirelle Trofeo R tyres mounted on the Senna.

17. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I think you're right. When put these temperature sensitive sticky tires on street cars, the traction can just wash away in the wrong conditions.

18. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    A super expensive no compromise track car just about road legal not that smart idea now is it?

19. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Looks like Harrod's color palette, and one of the original Longtails. Personally I don't think either car looks that good.

20. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
  21. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

Silver and black??? But aren’t the Raiders Levi’s g town?? Lol. Congrats. I think it’s the best one I’ve seen. What color is that?

22. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East