Front license plate bracket without drilling (California) | FerrariChat

Front license plate bracket without drilling (California)

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by DrFeelGood, Oct 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DrFeelGood

DrFeelGood Karting

Feb 4, 2014
    Hi all I've been trying to find a way to put my front plate on without drilling. Do you think this would work on a 2010 California? If not, what do you suggest?

2. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
  3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Exactly this.

For the 1st time in the recorded history of Youtube DIY videos, it literally is as easy as they show. Took me 5 sec, 1st try, and I am about as mechanically dis-inclined as you can get!
    And, although I routinely forget to put it on the front, it has saved me from one ticket thus far. "I'm sorry officer, just had the car detailed and forgot to put it back on!" :D
    Great product. Happy customer..T

Edit - my Cali is a 2011, so it should work on your 2010 w/ no problems.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/members/carbonio.87123/

Carbonio and Dave rocks like this.
  4. Wreck111

Wreck111 Rookie

Aug 23, 2018
    Hilton Head SC
    Full Name:
    Alan W
    http://www.usmillworks.com/
    I had this on my Porsche when I lived up nirno. Not required in the south. Works great if your in the US. Screws I to the tow hitch.

5. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #5 4th_gear, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    I have the Carbonio license plate holder on my '13 Cali30 and it is sturdy, works very well.

IMO, it is better to place the license on the splitter for at least 3 reasons:

1) it allows you to use the license plate + holder as an early-warning, sacrificial sensor when you approach cement parking markers, it will flex a bit if you bump a curb, avoiding damage to your car (notice the near misses on mine),

2) the license will present less of an obstacle to the flow of cooling air into the radiator and

3) having no front license would be better but I think this is the next-best-looking option.​

6. DrFeelGood

DrFeelGood Karting

Feb 4, 2014
    Thank you guys. The Carbonio price is pretty steep ($305 shipped) compared to what's out there for the Cali T. The http://www.usmillworks.com/ doesn't list Ferrari as one of the cars it fits. :confused:

7. Continental AutoSports

Sponsor

Aug 22, 2006
    Hinsdale, IL
    Full Name:
    Bobby Williams / Parts Manager
  8. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Thank you for the positive comments guys. The Carbonio license plate mount has been very popular with Ferrari dealers worldwide many of which include them with each new and used vehicle purchase. Our design has been tried and tested and has created a solution for the dilemma of mounting a front plate securely without any holes.

Dave rocks likes this.
  9. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Get what your pay for. Quality product, convenience.
    T

Carbonio and Dave rocks like this.
  10. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Do you have a product for the Portofino?

11. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
  12. DrFeelGood

DrFeelGood Karting

Feb 4, 2014
    Proven to be true time and time again. But, I still have a hard time justifying $305 for a license plate bracket :eek: I'll see if I can find comparable solutions - otherwise I'll have to go with this. Thanks for the suggestions, all.

13. Cali from CT

Cali from CT Rookie

Jun 27, 2018
    Naples, FL
    I like it. Would this work on a Cali T?

14. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
  15. drgek

drgek Formula 3

Jun 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Thanks, all, for this information. When my Portofino arrives I'm going to order one of the Carbonio frames