Ferrari Public Parking UK | FerrariChat

Ferrari Public Parking UK

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by 635CSI, Oct 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    I have to visit Plymouth on Saturday, Does anybody down that way know which is the best city center car park?
    Suitable for a wide long low Ferrari Lusso ?

The trouble with small, pokey, badly lit, steep ramped car parks is you usually don't realise until you are inside and its too late

I'm not sure if there will be demand for it but we could use this thread for "I'm visiting ex city or town where is the best Ferrari friendly car park ?"...

I can advise for central London.

2. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Where about in Plymouth and for how long?

I cant comment central, but if it is near a marina I can :)

3. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Hi. I have an appointment to the North of Plymouth. So was thinking of popping into town for lunch.

Sent from my SM-G965F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I’d knock the door on a nice house and throw the owner a pony (£25) to park on the drive. No way public car park

635CSI likes this.
  5. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Another alternative, book the car into Carrs in Exeter for a service, they’ll happily lend you a car to use while it’s in, they are awesome, PLYMOUTH is only down the road from there, you could even have them drop you at st David’s and catch the train into PLYMOUTH and Back

635CSI likes this.
  6. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Cheers Sid, might just do that.
    Or I might say "bung me a monkey and you can photograph my car on your drive, make it look like its worth half a bar".;)

The slang terms? Well it's the UK forum after all

7. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Hear good things about Carrs, I'm moving my cars and eventually myself down that way is they will be local dealer , on Saturday the Lusso will only be a day and half old, so won't need a workshop.
    Oh hang on ...

Have a good evening, Forza !

8. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Now youre talking my language! It’d need a ferrari on the drive in north Plymouth for it to be worth half a bar too! Hehehe

9. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Awesome car mate, I was looking at one a month or so ago, now my cancer is on a quiet period, get out of my Bentley and back into a ferrari, and I figured a lusso might well be able to give me the ferrari experience and still be driveable when it comes back at me - the 458 was too harsh when I was at my worst so I never got to drive it, hence the sale and purchase of the Bentley as a stop gap

Any pics of the car? What colours did you go with? I really love the GTC changes they made, FF was one of my favourite of the new cars anyway, the changes perfected it

They would love to meet you at Carrs, Lee the general manager is a great chap, and Piers is a friendly sort, he would probably be chuffed to have your Lusso there and give you a lift into Plymouth.

If you want, I’ll PM you Piers mobile number and you can get him on the trombone and organise meeting them

10. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    HI, yes please do PM me the number, I should go round soon and say hello. I also have a 1961 250 GTE for them to look after, and I hear that they are good with the old cars too. The Lusso is indeed a lovely thing, not harsh at all, and especially in in T form very agile, be great to hear you are back in a Ferrari.

Face it, air port taxis aside, neither you nor I will EVER be seen in a Merc ;)

The story of our Lusso purchase is on the thread "Considering cancelling my Lusso order" There were a few delays hence the title. The Production pictures are on there now, dealer pick up pictures will be on there at the weekend.

Cheers

daytona355 likes this.
  11. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Short answer is I wouldn't park anything nice in the centre of Plymouth. I've been in the multstories a few times and they are typical British, ie designed for the original Mini. Plus the locals can be...how do I put this politely...interesting!

If you want a nice spot for lunch I would recommend Jolly Jacks, Mayflower Marina. Parking on site is fine, food is good, and fairly easy to get to. You should be fine Sat lunchtime, but if its evening I'd book. If you are feeling a bit more adventurous re. B roads the Ship Inn in Noss Mayo is a nice spot, if the pub can be a bit snottie.

Any luck either Mike or John will be along as they are "local" ish and might advise better.

635CSI likes this.
  12. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Thanks for the advise and tips, noted !

13. Gullwing

Gullwing Karting

Aug 30, 2016
    Perhaps try JustPark app. You can rent someone’s drive for a fee. Similar to AirBnB but for parking at peoples’ houses.

635CSI and daytona355 like this.
  14. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts

Another vote for Carrs.
    Don't hesitate to use them.
    The whole team is great.
    If you have an older car chat to Mark Ware who heads up the Service Dept.Really good guy who is sensible about pricing, what to do, what to leave etc.

daytona355 likes this.
  15. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    #15 635CSI, Oct 30, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
    Thanks all, I am having a garage built at my property in Devon and the classic cars (250 GTE , Alfa Sprint) will be moved there over winter.
    The Lusso is the main London to Devon transport*
    The plan is that by the time it need its first service we will be mostly based in Devon and clients of Carrs. A fellow GTE owner recommended them for classics too.

daytona355 likes this.
  16. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    We will look out for you at the Ferrari meet at Haynes Cars and Coffee, 2nd Sunday of the month! (John who kicked it off gets his Fcars serviced at Carrs and recommended them to me as well.)