Help Me : General Questions | FerrariChat

Help Me : General Questions

Discussion in '308/328' started by MissingNo., Oct 31, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MissingNo.

MissingNo. Rookie

Oct 31, 2018
    Full Name:
    George
    Hey I’m new to this forum and in the community as a whole so sorry if I use the wrong words. I was thinking of getting a Ferrari 308 or 328 , I’ve been mainly considering the Quatrovalvole version but I had some questions:

1:I thought all and only the quatrovalvole versions had the black hood vents / louver vents but some don’t so which specific years included the black vents and was is it only for the quatrovalvole?

2:From what I’ve seen all the 308s have that big lip at the end while the 328s have a shorter lip ,is it all the 308s or some specific years?

3: I really like the steering wheel of the Dino GT4 (The one with the white in the middle) and I’ve seen it also on the later 308 gts/gtb ,did it came as an option or did owners just change it ?

Thanks so much for your time.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    US spec 308s have black vents. Euro 308s have body color vents. Not a rule tho.

The front lower spoiler was optional shallow lip or deep lip.

The steering wheel you like is silver in the middle not white and it is from early carb 308 1978 etc. QV cars are black and angular like your pic on left.

Introduce yourself and buy a 308 then make it your way. Good luck and also post some pics of your 308.

3. vaccarella

vaccarella Formula 3

Apr 16, 2011
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I think by lip he means the bumper.

US cars of that era have DoT regulation 5mph impact bumpers that protrude noticeably. You can reduce them somewhat by drilling out to release the hydraulics. Or exchange for Euro which are available aftermarket front & rear but involves bracket work and grill cutting to fit.

4. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    If you see a 308 76-82 (non-QV) with black fender vents, someone painted them that way. They are supposed to be the same color as the rest of the car. The hood didn't get a vent until the QV in 83.

The 308 steering wheel was a silver MOMO on the carbed cars 76-79, a black Nardi on the 2Vi 80-82 (although some very early 80 models had a silver Nardi) and the QV's got the black MOMO.

4re308 likes this.
  5. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand
  6. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
    Buy the best one you can afford (lowest mileage, good service history) and then change these few things as they are easy and cheap compared to a problem car. Fill in your profile so we know where in the world you are-- some advice is specific to where you are.

7. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
  8. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    You can buy repros of the momo steering wheels - they are brushed aluminum.

9. kcabpilot

kcabpilot Formula 3

Apr 17, 2014
    California SF bay area
    Full Name:
    Paul
    The QV vents are not painted they are anodized which is a type of plating.

Rosey likes this.
  10. TripleBlack

TripleBlack Formula Junior

May 1, 2006
    Paris, France
    Like on the rear lid...

11. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I was referring to the ones on the 76 to 82 cars. Unless someone pulled two from a wrecked QV in a junk yard, they put a rattle can of black paint to them.

I can't stand seeing that on a 2V carbed/i car, personally. But that is just me.