Need a Valeo ECU - Mondial T | FerrariChat

Need a Valeo ECU - Mondial T

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Dark side of the moon, Jul 14, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dark side of the moon

Apr 5, 2010
    Toronto Canada
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    I need a Valeo ECU to replace the one in my 93 Mondial T, anyone know where I can get one at a resonable price?

2. Frari

Frari Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    brisbane australia
    Full Name:
    tony
    aRE YOU SURE IT IS THE ECU AND NOT JUST A RELAY OR 3. mINE was playing up and it was a relay. Sorry about the caps on.

3. Dark side of the moon

Apr 5, 2010
    Toronto Canada
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    I checked all the relays and wiring. The relays work fine. It seems that the ECU was not providing enough current to drive the relays. I opened up the Valeo ECU and noticed some corrosion on one of the circuit boards. One of the leads from a diode was completely corroded away and a few of the circuit board trace lines were deteriorated so there is no continuity. Probably a long time ago some water got into the box and started this.

I am going to try to repair it but I am not sure if there is anything else wrong with the box. That is why I am looking for a new one.

4. Jon22

Jon22 Karting

Sep 4, 2004
    Uk
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I had problems with my Valeo

I replaced most of the main unit and the Ecu

They are now broken spares but may be of use for spares or parts

If interested pm me and make an offer

Jon

5. Dark side of the moon

Apr 5, 2010
    Toronto Canada
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    I PM you some questions.
    Do you know how the actuator on the clutch work?
    Does it get energized when the engine is started or when the shift level is moved?

6. Jon22

Jon22 Karting

Sep 4, 2004
    Uk
    Full Name:
    Jon
    My memory says : Clutch activated with ignition on. Releases clutch. My clutch stopped engaging. I changed the actuator assembly but without any joy. Changed ecu and resolved issue. Got ecu from ferrari uk. They gave me good discount on list price. Think it was their last one

7. Dark side of the moon

Apr 5, 2010
    Toronto Canada
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    I think the problem I have might be with the actuator assembly. Can this be removed/changed without removing the clutch?

8. d673036

d673036 Rookie

Dec 14, 2017
    Full Name:
    manuel campos
    Hi Jon22,
    did you still have parts for mondial T Valeo?
    Thanks

9. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    Manuel, what parts are you looking for? I have a potentiometer.

10. d673036

d673036 Rookie

Dec 14, 2017
    Full Name:
    manuel campos
    Hi Alexion,
    I need the ECU. Did you have one??

11. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    Can you give some more information about yourself? Location, Car, etc? I just had mine rebuilt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. d673036

d673036 Rookie

Dec 14, 2017
    Full Name:
    manuel campos
    I work in a Ferrari garage in belgium. We have one mondial cabrio Valeo with a broken ecu. I hope you will understand my english. Did you have the Valeo ecu? Thanks a lot.

Villeta Sebastian

13. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    Would you or the owner mind contributing the serial number and status to post #16 in this thread?

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/valeo-production-numbers.431440/

TOTAL 28

And the details are:

S/N Drive Country VIN 4TH DIGIT DESIGNATION
    90812 RHD UK
    91953 LHD US
    92354 LHD US
    92393 LHD US
    92409 LHD US
    92441 LHD US
    92837 LHD US
    92964 RHD UK
    93123 LHD US
    93501 LHD US
    93573 LHD NONE ZFFRK33A0P0093573 R US
    95062 RHD NONE ZFFKC33C000095062 K EU
    95422 RHD UK
    95533 LHD US
    95661 LHD US
    95843 ? NONE ZFFRK33A2P0095843 R US
    95903 LHD NONE N/A
    95924 LHD US
    95971 ? NONE ZFFRK33A0P0095971 R US
    96074 LHD NONE ZFFRK33A8P0096074 R US
    96148 ? NONE ZFFRK33A0P0096148 R US
    96190 LHD EU
    96218 LHD CH
    96235 LHD US
    96250 LHD NONE N/A
    96325 LHD US
    97062 ? NONE ZFFKC33B000097062 K EU
    97397 ? NONE N/A

Still 3 unknown if anyone can add further data.
    Thanks!

Thank you

14. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    Hi Villeta Sebastian,

I might have a lead on a Valeo ECU. They are extremely rare as you may well know.

Are you certain your Valeo ECU is broken and do you know what components failed?

15. d673036

d673036 Rookie

Dec 14, 2017
    Full Name:
    manuel campos
    Hi alexion,
    Yes i know that. I am sure that it is broken because we have another mondial valeo who rides perfect...
    If someone has one Ecu it will be perfect.
    the processor is out of order.

Thanks a lot and if someone hear something please let me know.

16. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Hi Manuel,

Before you pop for an ECU,make sure that the associated relay and fuse in the far rear (forward of the boot bulkhead,are functional.
    It happened to me and Rache. We were "dead in the water".It was simply a $27.00 relay !!!!!!! So,now, I always have a selection of fuses and relays at the ready, stored in the boot,tjust to be on the safe side.

Happy New Year-ALL, :) Be well & be happy.............
    Hank

Valenzo likes this.
  17. JeffBerlin

JeffBerlin Rookie

Nov 2, 2018
    Might someone here has an idea was is wrong with our Mondial T with VALEO:
    we turn the key, the clutch warn lamp goes on and nothing else happens, we replaced the clutch, the clutch actuator works great and the clutch is completely pressed and the engine fires up, but the car doesn't release the clutch so we could drive. You turn the key and the clutch is fully pressed until you turn the key off and it relates the clutch.

We tried to relearn the clutch but unless we couldn't roll with the car nothing will happen to start the relearning of the parameters.

One more thing: when the potentiometer on top of the clutch is in place the car fires up, but when turning the key off the clutch won't go back in its normal place it stoped half the way, without the potentiometer the car has no idea where clutch is and won't drive but the actuator goes the complete way in both directions.

So please could anybody tell us what could be measured between the potentiometer pins 1 and 2, 2 and 3 and just for an idea between 1 and 3? Because we couldn't measure anything between 1 and 3, but the other 2 pairs work in different positions of the potentiometer.

The potentiometer is supplied with +5V?

Maybe we will find someone here that has an idea.

Greetings

18. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    Hi Jeff,

Tell us a little about yourself/car/location.

I'm not sure about the innerworkings of the potentiometer, but I do know there is a shaft that moves in and out, left and right about 45 degrees. It's supplied roughly 4.5V.

Do you have the Valeo manual? I can send it via email if you don't.

I also have a good used potentiometer if you need one.

Alex

19. JeffBerlin

JeffBerlin Rookie

Nov 2, 2018
    Hi Alex,

it is a 1993 Mondial T Valeo, the clutch was down and was replaced and the car won't drive, maybe the potentiometer or the ecu are making these problems.

It would be great when you send me the manual to my email: [email protected]
    I have a manual but 2 pages are missing.

Otherwise you would be a real help when you could measure the resistor values between the pins pairs 1&2 and 2 & 3, so i could check my potentiometer running good or making the trouble and i guess that potentiometer is the problem.

As far as I know the values goes from 0 to 4kOhm and from 4kOhm to 0 but it would be great when you could tell me more about the behavior.

My potentiometer has a spring that forces the shaft (when build in) to the right side (pin out on the bottom, looking at the top) maybe it should be centered and moves left to right? I just know how it was and that someone already welded at the tips of the shaft. When you could take a picture of your potentiometer i just might see that it should be completely different? :D

I am so happy that someone posted here and especially you where you mentioned you're having a potentiometer :)

20. JeffBerlin

JeffBerlin Rookie

Nov 2, 2018
  21. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    Hi Jeff,

I just sent the manual via email.

I had my potentiometer bench testing and I am attaching a couple of images with the findings.

I was told that you unit functions as follows:
    " It's like two potentiometers in one. One linear where the rod slides in and out and the second which turns 1/4 turn. All custom made and not replaceable with catalogued components."

I hope this is helpful. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. JeffBerlin

JeffBerlin Rookie

Nov 2, 2018
    Many thanks for the manual, that is nice, now I´ve a complete version.

The poti I am searching is on page D73 number 2, based on the clutch actuator, yours should be the gearbox poti?

Maybe i just crashed into reality and the wish of a single poti to measure, check and control is back to zero, but you helped me already very with the manual, maybe I find an idea on the "new" pages :)

23. jimzdancewicz

jimzdancewicz Karting

Mar 1, 2015
    Berwyn, PA
    Full Name:
    James Zdancewicz
    Hello! I am also a Valeo owner. I'd love a copy of the manual as well. Please send to [email protected].
    Thanks and good luck.

24. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    Coming your way, Jim.

25. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    If you're running out of luck, I suggest calling Dave Helms at Scuderia Rampante. He's very knowledgeable and very busy, but I'm sure he would be willing to help troubleshoot when time allows.

You can tell him Alex from NY told you. http://****************.com/contact/