Countach QV FI Thread | Page 28 | FerrariChat

Countach QV FI Thread

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by johnhoughtaling, Nov 2, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I missed the Qv vs Testarossa comments? Where are they. I now own both, and I will put them to the test... As of now, just from feel, the TR will get slaughtered. My TR does have all the cats and factory exhaust in place as of now, but I'm in the process of rectifying that. That being said I am loving the TR, but the Countach is on another level.

2. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Lol, just saw the comments.. A Testarossa or a BB are now faster than a Fuelie? LOL

3. S_AGATA

S_AGATA Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2016
    Mill Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Jon/Sean Sohaei
    Have extensive experience with both, it’s not close....

4. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Fixed.

No love fest, just an excellent resource deserving of the variant, meanwhile, I think your skipping it is all good.

5. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris

You skipping here would be just as welcome....

6. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris

Shows how delusional Sackey is.

7. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Not at all, although perhaps I should have clarified I meant the TR is faster @ top speed.

I get that the Countach feels more potent off-the-line and unquestionably handles better through the corners, but when it's a question of pure speed, the TR would go sailing by on to terminal velocity.

Although everyone assumes these old Fuelie systems are still operating at optimum 30 years later, that is simply not the case, and I think neither the Fuelie Countach or the TR would achieve the speeds they could in 1987, nevertheless, the TR would still be faster today at top speed.

At any rate, if you want to compare the Fuelie Countach with a period Ferrari, I agree the TR is the right fit, the Downdraft on the other hand should be compared with the 288 GTO

Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #683 PineChris, Nov 7, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2018

As usual you attempt to bring down the Fuelie, while lifting the DD into the stratosphere... Using the same magazine article as reference, you conveniently alleviated the fact that the Testarossa went sailing past the Down Draft.... Additionally, even though the TR has a slower time to distance then the DD, you can see that the TR is gaining on the DD quickly.. Its 0-60 time is 7/10s slower, but by 100mph it narrows the gap to only 1/10. At the same 1/4 mile distance its going 1 mph faster than the DD. So in a theoretical race, from say a 40mph roll, that TR would pull your beloved DD.

Leaving on vacation next week till January.. But when I get back I will purchase this : https://motoxdirect.com/dragy-gps-based-acceleration-performance-meter-1-4-mile-0-60-more/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8rmX2oPE3gIVlIF-Ch0f7wMwEAQYASABEgK56vD_BwE
    My Testarossa is currently being gone through, and getting exhaust. I also have 4 pt scales lined up to weigh both cars . Then I will take both cars and measure their performance to whatever distance and speed I can safely get to. That being said I will launch both conservatively, no clutch dropping starts. I will also try and get video of some rolling races. Then yet again, you can see how delusional you really are.

Lastly, I ask yet again, why are you continuously in this thread. You offer nothing of value, and only come to continue your condescending commentary carried over from your DD lovefest. You must truly wish you bought a fuelie. You should of.

9. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    That's because the Downdraft got to a quarter mile in 12.9 secs, and it took the TR almost a full second more, 13.7 secs, to get there, not bad quarter mile performance at all!

The purpose of posting this TR Road & Track this test was to underscore my point that the TR will be faster at the top end than the Fuelie Countach. A standard Downdraft is good for just @ 180 mph, and the test shows this, the TR is good for more than that at the top end, I've already stated how fast I think the Fuelie will go @ terminal velocity.

Meanwhile, note that you'll need to take the cars to a proper proving ground where the cars can achieve full terminal velocity driven preferably by independent testers switching cars using independent electronic timing two-ways for the test to be conclusive, otherwise it's a bit meaningless.

Also, let's bear in mind that neither of your cars will be factory spec cars as tested, so this introduces variables that will likely render the test inconclusive.

BTW I didn't need to post the Downdraft test here as I've openly posted it in the relevant thread multiple times.

No, I definitely never wished I bought a QV Fuelie at any point in my 30-plus years of Countach ownership, however I do appreciate their virtues, and understand that some people like them. However, perhaps I can be forgiven for coming across as condescending about the Downdraft in relation to the Fuelie, because I honestly do believe the Downdraft is the superior car, from a cosmetic, specification & performance standpoint.

FWIW I'm only in this thread answering to your less-than-polite comments which you continue to direct at me, so I guess I'll be here as long as that happens.

10. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Joe Sackey and PineChris.

Crawl out of each other's grills.

Not going to delete, edit or adjust any posts to this point, but your give and take, to and fro, back and forth is a mutual disrespect fest and unworthy of the site. I know that spirits are high among the Lambo faithful, but really ,chill out on your own before we have no choice but to temp-ban moderate a cease fire.

D

johnhoughtaling likes this.
  11. V8Lambo

V8Lambo Karting

Feb 13, 2016
    Germany
  12. ijvpet

ijvpet Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2002
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    John P
    I have the same heat shield on my DDQV.

13. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Your car is not within factory spec at this point either.Both my cars will be running full exhaust, which makes them inline with euro spec cars, such as the DD used in this test. As for my test, it will not prove meaningless, as Im not here to prove which is Fastest, just which accelerates more quickly to whatever speed can be achieved. The scales will prove you are off on weight .

Look how similar we are.... In my 23 years of Countach ownership, I never once wished I owned a DownDraft. I find the Fuelie superior in every aspect once both motors are in similar emissions form.

14. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Sure.

15. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Finally we agree on something.

16. V8Lambo

V8Lambo Karting

Feb 13, 2016
    Germany
    you mean the upper shield to protect the baggage compartment!?

I never saw that on a other one.

Thanks for helping

17. MiuraP400

MiuraP400 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2008
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I don't know if you are aware but looking at that photo it looks like the lower right rear suspension arm is bent. If it is, your toe setting could be off on that wheel. It could also be an illusion caused by the lens.

Cheers Jim

18. V8Lambo

V8Lambo Karting

Feb 13, 2016
    Germany

Sharp eye yes I know, it’s a older picture there was many other things to do.

I always wonder how was the car drivable by my US previous owner

Therefore I reworked the complete axle and suspension as well as all joint!

PineChris likes this.
  19. V8Lambo

V8Lambo Karting

Feb 13, 2016
    Germany
    have produced own joints for the countach made by the best join manufacturer which produces for the motorsport for all major brands. in the highest German quality with sealing and long-term lubrication. I was not willing to pay € 220 per joint in this quality.

20. That's a good idea. If there was one part that is total junk on a Countach, it is the helm joints. Do you have a part number (or any other info) for the joints.

21. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    Did the same on my car as well, as the oe parts even the new ones are garbage, both through design being undersized and dirt wrecking the joint very quickly if the car is used, in the UK you are not going to avoid rain etc if the car gets used.

22. V8Lambo

V8Lambo Karting

Feb 13, 2016
    Germany

Sadly in this dimensions and thread are no standard joints available here in Germany. I checked every company.
    Therefore I had give in order this special production and want to test it on my car.

Of course it’s possible to produce a bigger batch. you need only on the rear axle 16 piece.

23. V8Lambo

V8Lambo Karting

Feb 13, 2016
    Germany
    S_AGATA likes this.