Pista is the fastest car in Autocar's supertest! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Pista is the fastest car in Autocar's supertest!

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Dilusha, Nov 7, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Would like to see proof of that.

Shadowfax likes this.
  2. agrun

agrun Formula Junior

May 24, 2009
    FLA
    Too funny. noone, u r on the wrong forum. From your other negative posts, it is clear you never owned a Ferrari, do not like Ferrari and are here only to stir up trouble. Enjoy porsche, lambo or any other enthusiasts forum you want to poke and harass. We are noone's fool here. Sayonara, dude. Best u r ignored here.

Shadowfax and 09Scuderia like this.
  3. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    If you are familiar with noone, he not only does not own a Ferrari, he does not own ANY car. He does not like driving and has no use for a car and furthermore, unless you are on a track, for him all cars drive exactly the same. Cannot differentiate between them. Noone is the equivalent of Stevie Wonder critiqueing and distinguishing between the artistry of Renoir compared to Rembrandt.

stavura, dustman, Lukeylikey and 4 others like this.
  4. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Classic Ferrari here. Show up to a test with non-homologated tires.

"...Ferrari turned up with six sets of carbon wheels for the Pista, half clothed in Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres, half in soon-to-be-homologated Cup 2 R tyres, which together had a value of more than £100,000. True, the wheels could be used again; by the time we were finished, the same could not be said for the tyres."

5. Fixer03

Fixer03 Karting

Nov 1, 2015
    0-60 3secs is GTB 205MPH is GTB

6. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Sorry, couldn't understand a lot of what you're saying.

C U L8r.

7. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Not Pista stats...488GTB stats...read the chart.

8. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    From what I have been able to read and see the Huracan Performante destroys them all. So I bought one lol...

The REAL test is the Nurburgring times. Performante and SVJ ahead of them all INCLUDING the mighty Porsche 918.

SoCal to az, Melvok and Coincid like this.
  9. Doctor Mark

Doctor Mark Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    At a list price of 249K, the 600LT looks pretty darn good to me.

SoCal to az likes this.
  10. Dilusha

Dilusha Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    It's not just Ferrari, everyone does that. :p

Lukeylikey and Melvok like this.
  11. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The Ring is not a good yardstick. It is huge in length, thus even very slight driving errors pile up at the end of the lap. Also, the conditions change by the minute, making comparisons impossible. Finally, it is appalling in places (such as the Carousel), being more suited to rally cars than track(day) cars.

pshep138 and Melvok like this.
  12. graphicdisorder

graphicdisorder Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2015
    Johnson City, TN
    Pista claims similar power to a 720s and will be heavier than the 720s. Keep in mind the 720's are being dyno'd by owners and they are seeing high 600's hp at the wheels, stock. Mclaren built a monster in that car.

tekaefixe likes this.
  13. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    I drove the 570S and found it inferior to a Audi R8 V10 in almost every aspect, a truly uninspiring powertrain. This 600 LT must be a mega jump over the 570...

Really I ask myself how much value these comparison really add to anything, how long can you keep your foot down in any of the car tested before you are going sill speeds. For what it worth I would still rather have a Speciale than a Pista irrespective of how much faster the latter is.

14. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    The Ring seems great for bragging rights at the bar though...;)

F140C, Melvok and REALZEUS like this.
  15. Doctor Mark

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    The 720S by all accounts is awesome but many prefer the raw nature of the 675LT. The LT version of the 720S should be quite a car.

tekaefixe, Lukeylikey and nmcclure like this.
  16. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    yes and no.

The typical exotic car enthusiast wants a car that can be used for regular type driving. The ones who want a car to some time drive for short bursts would go for the more track focused car (ie., 675).

720s has been a big seller and primary reason for that is it's "multi purpose useability".

I've had both. If no track duty and wanted to just use occasionally in short bursts and want a much different feeling then a luxury car then I'd go for 675. Other then that 720s is the one to go for.

tekaefixe and SoCal to az like this.
  17. Doctor Mark

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    Well said and appreciate the information.

18. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    With desirable options, expect $300K. About 15% less expensive than the 720S. If the 600LT is rawer and more visceral than the 720S as is being claimed, then it provides an alternative to current offerings in the Mclaren lineup. I personally have interest in this car something I do not have for the 570S or 720S due to my preferences with regard to driving dynamics.

Lukeylikey likes this.
  19. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    While the chart lists it as a 488 GTB, the stats ( HP ) is 710 which is Pista not 488.GTB.

20. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The stated performance though is that of the GTB, not the Pista. Typical Autocar... At any rate, these are manufacturers' claims, not clocked performance numbers.

21. unotaz

unotaz Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Michael
    You sure about that? I know for a fact that Porsche doesn't do that. They just give you the key and the car with more spare tires or wheels on any test.

Shadowfax likes this.
  22. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Ferrari delivered the 488 GTB to tests with Cup2 as well, IIRC.

The 488 didn't even have Cup2 as a factory option, did it?

The reality is that any manufacturer can get rubber that says whatever they want on it. There is no way to prove anything about the tires. But still, you should at least test a car with tires that have the same name as the ones the car can actually be ordered with.

23. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    When the cars being tested have varying states of tire wear there is really no point even having a track test least of all publishing results which are open to different outcomes - the only purpose being to pique the interest of armchair racers like noone1 (using him/her as a case in point). Although I must say noone1 seems to have a very thick skin as he/she seems impervious to being called out :D. Very very resistant indeed!! Like water off a ducks back.

stavura and SoCal to az like this.
  24. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Noone has a Trumpian pertinacious ability to soldier on.

stavura and Ash Patel like this.
  25. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Easy with the Trump references. :)

Jo Sta7 and 09Scuderia like this.