FORMULA 1 GRANDE PREMIO HEINEKEN DO BRASIL 2018 INTERLAGOS GRAND PRIX: QUALIFYING ***SPOILERS*** | Page 3 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 GRANDE PREMIO HEINEKEN DO BRASIL 2018 INTERLAGOS GRAND PRIX: QUALIFYING ***SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Nov 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    • Banned until the end of the season.
    He will not be allowed to invite a Grid Kid back to his hotel room after the race :eek:

daytona355 and fil like this.
  2. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    He moved too late, in Kim is case forcing him OFF THE RACING LINE and almost onto the grass, and Sirotkin to brake and swerve to avoid him because once again, he moved far too late to allow either driver the split seconds necessary to know they were able to go past on the RACING LINE. Please watch the footage

sammysaber, Jeronimo GTO and fil like this.
  3. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
    Max’ chances of becoming the youngest polesitter ever becoming very slim now.

4. thirteendog

thirteendog Formula 3

Mar 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Kimi’s Incident Hamilton had to stay between the white line in the middle of the track and the edge of the track. Really not much room to go anywhere.

SIR coming out of a turn and with limited visibility. He was going slow and SIR was going much faster. I’d give him the pass, but I tend to lean towards letting them race rather than penalizing anyone.

5. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  6. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    He stayed on the racing line until the very last possible moment, past the point where Kimi (or anyone else) had to make the decision of sty on it or avoid the collision. That he moved is completely irrelevant, he forced Kimi to take evasive action on his hot lap.... PENALTY..... has always been. Sirotkin, exactly the same, Sirotkin had to take avoiding action, so Elton if he wanted to go that slowly should NOT have been on the racing line..... PENALTY..... for anyone other than the Mercedes. Don’t worry yourself here in the Mercedes f1 section, I’m sure the FIA will make sure Elton doesn’t get treated too harshly, they still want to get their win bonuses from Mercedes.

In fact, I think I saw a Mercedes emblem on the shirt of ‘cone’ man earlier! Hehehehehe

nietoale1, sammysaber and fil like this.
  7. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    turbo-joe and fil like this.
  8. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/139961/vettel-summoned-for-destroying-weighbridge

Sebastian Vettel has been summoned to the Brazilian Grand Prix stewards for a weighbridge incident during Formula 1 qualifying in which he "destroyed" the scales.

Vettel was rushing back to the pits before setting a lap time during the second qualifying segment in changeable conditions at Interlagos, as Ferrari sent him out on supersoft tyres but wanted him to come in to switch to softs.

Upon entering the pitlane Vettel was called into the weighbridge but the scales were coned off.

Vettel hit the cone immediately blocking the entry and gesticulated at officials to clear a path.

After keeping the car running, he edged forward while an official was standing directly in front of the car.

FIA technical delegate Jo Bauer said Vettel "refused to turn off the engine" and the car was pushed onto the scales but he left the engine running, which Bauer said "makes it difficult to get a stable result".

Vettel continued to gesticulate and applauded as his path remained blocked by another official.

Once the weighing was complete, Vettel drove off the scales under the car's own power - which Bauer said "destroyed" them.

"As the driver was not following the instructions and further compromised the continuation of the weighing procedure, I am referring this matter to the stewards for their consideration," Bauer stated.

Vettel has been summoned to the stewards for allegedly breaching Article 29.1.a.i, which tells drivers to stop their engines when being weighed "and/or" Article 12.1.1.i of the FIA's International Sporting Code, which refers to the "failure to follow the instructions of the relevant officials for the safe and orderly conduct of the event".

Vettel, who was able to set a time and progress to Q3 and qualify second after the incident, was knocked out of title contention at the previous grand prix in Mexico.

When asked about the incident following qualifying, Vettel said: "I think it is better if I don't say anything!

"They shouldn't call us because when the conditions are changing like that, I think it is unfair if somebody gets called in. I wanted them to hurry up."

Ferrari is still trying to prevent Mercedes from clinching the constructors' championship.

9. thirteendog

thirteendog Formula 3

Mar 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Is it possible to have a conversation with you without snarky comments?

cairns likes this.
  10. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Hamilton v Sirotkin - https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/46164422
    Hamilton had his own incident in qualifying, when he narrowly avoided a crash with Williams driver Sergey Sirotkin at the start of second qualifying.

The drivers were all preparing for their first flying laps and Hamilton suddenly saw the Russian coming up behind him at much higher speed approaching Turn 12.

Hamilton moved left to try to get out of the way but Sirotkin was already going that way and had to take avoiding action.

But there has been no sign yet of a stewards' investigation and Sirotkin said he had no problem with the incident.

Hamilton said: "Everyone was on an out-lap - me, Sergey and everyone in front of me. And when you are on an out-lap… Valtteri was ahead of me and he was backing off to get his gap so I had to back off.

"I was making sure I had the gap but then all of a sudden I saw a car coming at high speed and I was like: 'Oh my God. Is that someone coming on a lap?' So I went left, but he was going left.

"But he wasn't on a lap, so I don't know what his thinking was. We all know to keep a gap."

11. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    Agree with Tifosi12- I just don't get Vettel. It's like he's deliberately trying to fk himself and the team. He knows better and yet he's acting like a 12 year old.

12. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    No doubt Vettel was wrong here. I do feel many other drivers would have done the same considering the timing of the requested weighing. It’s like the FIA are turning the screws on Vettel. His weaknesses are too well known.

daytona355 likes this.
  13. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    What is snarky, I’m just making sure I’m not misunderstood, as I seem to get misunderstood a lot by a number of people here that report me for things I didn’t do

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

14. GLS12

GLS12 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2011
    Occupied VA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Hamilton indicates Serotkin was at fault and was "disrepectful":

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hamilton-sirotkin-disrespectful-move-brazil-gp/3211647/

“Everyone was on an out-lap – me, Sergey, and everyone in front of me. Valtteri [Bottas] was ahead of me and he was backing off to get his gap so I had to make sure I kept a gap to him.

“As far as I was aware there was no-one behind on a lap, so I was looking out, making sure I had a gap, and then all of a sudden out of Turn 11 I saw a car coming at high speed, so I was like: ‘Oh my God, is that someone on a [flying] lap?’

“I went to move to the left, and that’s where he decided to go. But he wasn’t on a lap so I don’t really know what his thinking was.

“Respectfully, between all the drivers, we all do respect [the gaps] – I could have tried to overtake Valtteri, or Valtteri whoever was in front of him. We all know [to] keep our space by that point.

“It was generally quite a disrespectful move. It was dangerous between us both.”

15. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Here we go, he nearly takes someone out (his first words on the radio were that he didn’t see him coming) and tries to spin it into Sirotkin being at fault. How does that work Elton? You are both sent out on track to do the same job, qualify as quickly as you can. If you want to have a slower outlap than everyone else, you can, but get out the ****ing way. There’s no excuse for someone supposedly so good to not be aware enough to keep an eye out behind and to position himself to prevent there being a problem. It’s your fault donut

nietoale1 and fil like this.
  16. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    Sorry Hamilton haters. You're wrong again. He's winning championships and doing his best to win the constructors for his team. And our guy can't even step on a scale.

ktu likes this.
  17. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Seb to pay a fine and a reprimand. WHEEEW!!

G. Pepper and Nortonious like this.
  18. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    This just goes to prove the championship was rigged from the beggining to favour Mercedes....still waiting for the first clean championship from elton.....

daytona355 and fil like this.
  19. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    And what about Elton...well, they will probably issue a reprimend against Sirotkin!!!

stavura, daytona355 and fil like this.
  20. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales

What do you think Pedro?? :)

SIR was on an outlap and not on a flying lap.

Seb will start P2. Lewis is "untouchable" when it comes to penalties.:oops:

21. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Update:

Seb did turn the engine off.

22. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    #72 Terra, Nov 10, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    So now it's "Lewis is a pedophile" innuendo? You should be ashamed of yourself. Seriously.

thirteendog likes this.
  23. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    A lot of whining on here today

turbo-joe likes this.
  24. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Don’t worry chaps, the FIA won’t let anyone penalise Elton..... it’s fixed, they are on a bonus from Mercedes remember? They wouldn’t penalise him if he got out the car on the start finish straight and did a moonwalk to slow the rest of the pack. He can do whatever he wants, they won’t sanction the whiny little *****

nietoale1 and fil like this.
  25. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Wow, just landed and finished watching Qual in hotel on replay (thankfully no replay streaming issues). Quite the drama.

Yes, whew.
    also very good.

Glad the FIA weighcrew incident won't be messing with the grid positions. Looking forward to seeing how the Soft Tyre strategy plays out.