what Fiat parts are used on a 308? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

what Fiat parts are used on a 308?

Discussion in '308/328' started by Tonksy1, Nov 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fiat2Ferrari

Fiat2Ferrari Karting

Nov 2, 2013
    Chicago
    I wish this were in the USA. I would be there with a rental SUV, coveralls and a case of beer. Love finding stuff like this.

2. Fiat2Ferrari

Fiat2Ferrari Karting

Nov 2, 2013
    Chicago
    I toured this shop not too long ago. I walked through the various troves of parts cars and parts. The owner was pretty cool. I took him for a spin in my Japanese targa. It was fun spending time and reminiscing on the Fiats of my youth (spiders and X 1/9s).

Tonksy1 and Streetsurfer like this.
  3. Streetsurfer

Streetsurfer Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Then I would see if you would sell me a veglia tach, clock, oil gauge or other for my Fiat.

4. kiwiokie

kiwiokie Formula 3

Aug 19, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    John McDermott
    If you want to on-sell the stash you can try Barry Bateman at Italian Autos in Auckland.

5. Andrew McCrae

Andrew McCrae Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2016
    Ireland
    A waste if any parts are scrapped. Even what may seem as silly bits like courtesy light switches are impossible. As for me I have just got my 308gtb and have a list getting longer by the day mostly due to idiots mistreating it. Spacesaver, courtesy light switches, carpets, wiper motor, drivers door card, mirrors, speaker grilles. And that's just me, You'd do well to just stack them in your yard covered with tarpaulin while you sort them and if you've no yard, the corner of your bedroom.

Martin308GTB likes this.
  6. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    Just comes to my mind. Don't know whether they upgraded on a more modern electronic device on the QV, but the pre-war wiper delay switch with its bi-metal guts in the earlier 308s is a Fiat part from, among others, early 124s.
    It's still available in Russia from Lada, who built Fiats under licence. Same innards, but instead of Marelli cast in the housing I see Cyrillic lettering.
    I bought one once. Works perfectly and I'm wondering whether I'm the only one, who has a Russia made part in his 308 :)

Best from Germany
    Martin

Tonksy1 and vaccarella like this.
  7. Tonksy1

Tonksy1 Karting

Jun 21, 2016
    New Zealand
    I have these units sitting in my van. I know the clock fits my 308 but I dont think I need this many...they all are veglia units.

8. Tonksy1

Tonksy1 Karting

Jun 21, 2016
    New Zealand
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    Many clocks fit, since there was some standardization for small gauges regarding diameter of 52mm.
    How it will look like in your Ferrari is a different matter ;-)
    It will fit regarding dimensions, but for looks??

Best from Germany
    Martin

10. Tonksy1

Tonksy1 Karting

Jun 21, 2016
    New Zealand
    I reconditioned my 308 clock a year ago and know them quite well. Im only interested in the same clock motor/mechanism. as for the clock face, the original Ferrari 308 one screws straight on. perfect replacement. Thankfully most of the clocks I salvaged are identical to my 308 unit.

11. tomberlin

tomberlin Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 9, 2005
    Bethesda
    Full Name:
    tom berlin
    Early 308's use 911 front calipers, and 914/6 calipers in the rear, I believe.

Tom

12. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    Basically yes, but on the rear with a spacer between the caliper halves.

Best from Germany
    Martin

13. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    Agreed, but it wasn't just early 308s, all 308s to the last QVs used the same brake setup. It wasn't until the 328 that it was changed.

14. Streetsurfer

Streetsurfer Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Not quite what I was thinking of, but thanks much just the same sir.