Tailor Made / Atelier new rules | FerrariChat

Tailor Made / Atelier new rules

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ppg70, Nov 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    It seems that F changed the rules for TM cars.
    My dealer told me that now F gives only one TM appointment for each dealer in a year!!
    Some dealers can get a second one as a bonus!

BUT to have access to TM you have to spend minimum 120k€ in options, including the technical options.

All others Customers who wants to personalized their cars can ask to have an appointment to Atelier.

This startegy is totally in line with the announced policy of making F cars more exclusive and expensive.
    So in the coming days TM cars will be rare!!

Nobody heard the same?

Bests

of2worlds likes this.
  2. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    As I mentioned on the other thread, not correct. I’ve done two this year, the second of those another customer from the same dealer was there too - I had the morning slot he had the afternoon (very interesting watching someone else make all the various choices). My first TM another customer I know was there the day before and did 2. That is at least 5 from the same mid size dealer. But double that must be a better estimate.

09Scuderia likes this.
  3. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    As I replied in the other thread, new rules are for 2019 they told me.
    This year I also did two. I was always alone but only half day that practically are three hours....not enough time for a TM car. IMHO

Let's see if anybody get any feedback from dealer!
    I will ask also to another dealer that he's a friend of mine.

of2worlds likes this.
  4. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Ahh, ok, hadn’t heard that. Doesn’t seem right though. The new building has just been opened and I think they can handle more appointments. There also seem to be more staff trained for it (I had that distinct impression but can’t be certain).

5. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i must be dense. i really dont see the point of TM. I can do 90 percent right from my dealer's desk.

boobernackle likes this.
  6. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    You said it right in your post. It’s the other 10% that the 1% want to make them feel 100%.

7. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I would doubt that. By spring 2019, the current New York location will be a TM location and a Atelier. I know this because last week I did the configuration of my Pista there. The location will be closing soon to be remodeled and the retail store will no longer exist.

8. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    The order taking is one thing but the real struggle is in building the car itself. Custom materials chosen or often supplied by the customer need approvals for fire, durability, color etc that all consumes lots of time and money. The bottleneck is on the build side not the creation of the build spec. That minimum cost is another way to restrict the use of tailor made for more ambitious build spec cars. The talents of tailor made are often wasted on relatively simple projects. As ttforcefed said most could be done simply at the dealer's desk.

jm2 likes this.
  9. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    I heard that a little while ago. The dealer also wanted to lock in the appointment early to. One shot as it were.....

10. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    We did TM for our Lusso because we created our own paint color.

of2worlds likes this.
  11. Foxmod

Foxmod Karting

Jun 17, 2012
    Midlands, UK
    Full Name:
    David
    From other thread

I'll be doing my TM in april next year, I was offered 3 dates by my dealer.(all in H1, so I would assume that they will get at least 6 dates for the whole of 2019) I've been told that TM will mean the level of customization undertaken needs to be higher than previously, as Atelier offers alot of the "standard" stripes and extra options that only TM has offered in the past. Not sure if its due to my TM being a 812, but I was also told that I've been allocated the whole day, arrive around 10, and leave around 4

Dave

of2worlds likes this.
  12. JC776

JC776 Rookie

Sep 3, 2018
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    John
    I'm doing same...couple weeks out on approval. What did it cost, and did you go with the naming?

13. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Then it's not a truly original Tailor Made car. NO way I could have ever specced my Tdf at the dealer. Not even a small % of it. Our Scottsdale dealer is one of the leading TM and Atelier dealers in the world having done roughly 10 in 2018 and yes the 2019 rules are changing. Do not believe only 1 per dealer though.

Bhh likes this.
  14. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i understand but there really is no true value to TM. they don't necessarily command a premium and in fact most of these rainbow brite specs are going to sell at massive discounts. i'm a purist in the sense i believe all cars shld be like f40 and CS...very few options. rather than blowing 150k on TM options i wld rather just keep the brain cells and gift the 150k to ferrari directly. after all, the Italians practically invented the cash in the envelope trade.

boobernackle likes this.
  15. No one is talking about resale here.

People customize a car because it’s what they want, not what the next owner wants.

PATRIEK and Bhh like this.
  16. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    ron wrote: "Then it's not a truly original Tailor Made car."
    thats why i replied too.

17. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    The pricing was almost double the cost for triple layer paint. We named it Blu Chiesi. What color are you going with?

JC776 likes this.
  18. JC776

JC776 Rookie

Sep 3, 2018
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    John
    Signal Yellow, a Porsche color. It's non-metallic.

Nelsonc275 likes this.