Service recommendations / reviews for Chicagoland area | FerrariChat

Service recommendations / reviews for Chicagoland area

Discussion in 'North Midwest - USA (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, IL)' started by Beard Bros., Nov 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Beard Bros.

Beard Bros. Karting

Aug 22, 2018
    Midwest USA
    Full Name:
    James
    I am looking for recommendations / reviews for dealer and independent service in the central Illinois area. I have 2 Ferrari dealers to choose from by me and have been in contact with both of them, Continental Ferrari of Hinsdale, IL and Ferrari of Lake Forest, IL. The previous major service on my 1989 328 GTS was done at the Lake Forest dealer back in 2002. Anyone on here have any recommendations / reviews on either of these two dealers or a good independent that knows 328's, as I need to choose which one will do the major service on it.

2. 250swb

250swb Rookie

Mar 24, 2014
    Continental for sure!

3. BlueFerrari458

BlueFerrari458 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2018
    Nothing negative to say about either... just happy to tell you Lake Forest has treated me very well despite me buying a car out of Texas because of the combination of colors that I wanted... they have really been great to work with on annual service, storage and other cosmetics... Nick, one of the owners reached out to me early on in my car search and has always been generous in his advice. To me that says something about the culture of the place.

Beard Bros. likes this.
  4. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    Where in central Illinois are you? If you’re near Peoria try http://www.kauthmayeur.com if you don’t want to drive up or Continental it is.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Michael B and Beard Bros. like this.
  5. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    #5 WATSON, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    I have had great and bad experiences with Lake Forest.
    I have had consistent experiences with Continental
    When necessary, I go to Continental now.

For a 328, the guy you want is in Pewaukee.

http://www.gt-motorsports.net/contact.htm

I have not used Al, but numerous people I know have and it is A+ for vintage Ferrari's.

Need SD computer work? Continental then....they did things Lake Forest couldn't do on my 355.

6. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #6 Huskerbill, Jan 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    GT Motorsports (Al) replaced the in tank fuel pump on my 360 a few weeks ago. It not an easy job to do the drivers side pump and they are a KNOWN problem He did great and I was back on the road a few hours later.

He will be servicing my Gallardo if it needs it and has access to the software for all Lambos up to the Aventador too

Beard Bros. likes this.