Max Verstappen | Page 55 | FerrariChat

Max Verstappen

Discussion in 'F1' started by CRG125, Aug 12, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    LOL, "this is serious"

Mayor you know better.

Timstudio likes this.
  2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    So, intentionally hitting another car at speed is not serious? What is serious then?

We're waiting... Its not bad enough he assaulted Ocon 2 weeks ago and now he intentionally hits him on the track for "revenge"?

Is this racing or wrestling?

We are all really curious at what point you would think Max did something that IS serious. Please, enlighten us.

3. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Ocon at Williams if Kubica doesn't have the pace. I can't see how Robert can be competitive at some venues(Monaco) though I hope that he succeeds.

daytona355 likes this.
  4. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Kubica brings bags of cash; Ocon does not. Assuming good health, he'll be there all year.

5. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Unfortunately, you'll probably be waiting a while. Those who are looking at the world through orange colored glasses choose to live in complete denial. They truly think that Max can do no wrong, and minimize anything negative about him. Kinda sad, really.

6. Timstudio

Timstudio Karting

Jul 22, 2008
    NL
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I don't agree with that last post. Yes, I'm Dutch, and yes, I'm pro Verstappen. Offcourse I am. Support your locals. But i'm also realistic. I'm not looking through orange glasses, and not saying VS can't do anything wrong. Most of us aren't. It's not like i'm saying the given penalties are wrong etc. He deserved them. I'm just saying that some of the comments here are a bit over the top. And let's be honest, if that wasn't a RedBull he was driving but a Ferrari most of you would be cheering for having a driver that wants to win and is racing instead of driving around in circles.

I loved it when Ric drove in the back of VS. THAT was race till you drop, nfwg about team orders. Race! I love it when Bottas cracks under pressure. Let's be honest, F1 needs action. No, it's not nice to push somebody. Bad bad Max. But it was a push, not an assault. My wife hits me harder al least once a week. I loved it when Max did that, and would have loved it even more if Ocon gave him the sissy push back. Image the show if they got into a fight like that. YOU pushed me with one hand, now I am going to push you with one hand and ONE finger HA! And that Max would say...you big mean man...I I I will push you with ONE hand and TWO fingers!....And that the FIA would step in and say...come on ladies...think about the nails, it's not worth it.

Fchat would explode....I mean, most of you are Americans and not used to such violence on tv. You all carry guns to prevent violence!

How cool would it be if Kimi responded to a teamorder to let Vettel pass with...mwwooaaa, no! And Vettel tried but didn't make the corner and Kimi told him to shove it up the... Or Bottas would not let Elton pass because he only needs 5 more laps for his first victory?

So basicly, it's not about defending max, it's being glad there finally are some new kids on the block firing up the sport and making it exciting to watch. Yes boundaries are sometimes broken, but that's ok. That's how we all grew up didn't we?

Bas and daytona355 like this.
  7. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    And here we are, precisely what I was talking about - a delusional Max fanboy who sees the world through orange colored glasses, but is in denial.

Do you realize that after your 1st paragraph, where you claim you do not see the world through orange colored glasses, and then you go on in your second paragraph to minimize the assault? Precisely what I said, and you don't even have a clue.

8. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I think what he was trying to say was that to call something so soppy assault is a bit strong, and I agree. It wasn’t a case of a full fledged fight, with fists flying, in which I’m sure many of us had gotten ourselves as younger men, this was one tiny weakling pushing another wiry little fella. He’s right, it was playground plonkers at best, hardly assault. If you or I called the cops over such a push, they should and likely would tell us to grow up and stop wasting their time. A little animation in motorsport is most welcome, if guys that get taken out of the race while leading just put up with it and smile, I’d say they don’t deserve their place, they don’t want it badly enough. Max has been given community service, which is total overkill, all he needed if anything was a fine and to be made to admit poor sportsmanship.

On the subject of the push on the track in AD, I don’t remember certain other drivers being given a race suspension for pushing others off before, they’ve gone on to win championships after such moves on people including their own teammates.

Has this not been done to death now?

Bas, stavura, sammysaber and 2 others like this.
  9. Timstudio

Timstudio Karting

Jul 22, 2008
    NL
    Full Name:
    Tim
    #1360 Timstudio, Dec 2, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    Well, I guess it's not even worth an reaction.

10. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    I agree with most of what you've written Sid, the girly-boy push hardly rises to the level of an assault.
    I do think that there needs to be some clarification on what level of wheel to wheel contact is acceptable--if at all. Max's passing method of "bump and run" is courting disaster IMO.

daytona355 likes this.
  11. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Sure, let's keep covering the same topic over and over and over again. Keep minimizing the assault to the point where we'll no longer refer to it as an assault - is that the goal of the orange colored glasses crowd? This is called denial. Laying a hand on someone in anger is assault. Plain and simple. There's no gray area here, it is black and white. There are different types of assault, yes, like assault with a deadly weapon and such, but they are still assaults.

No level of wheel to wheel contact is acceptable, particularly in open-wheelers. Max's methods will get someone seriously hurt or killed.

I swear - trying to have a discussion with people who are in denial is like talking to a wall.

12. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    You really need to calm down. This is the first time that I have mentioned the dreaded assault. I am really more concerned by Max's use of wheel-to-wheel contact as a passing technique.

daytona355, stavura and sammysaber like this.
  13. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    So at what point do you think the men in orange differ from group LH44 ???
    They all see only the good in their poster boy who can not do anything wrong... isn't it hilarious when Lewis-fans complain about others being biased?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

daytona355 likes this.
  14. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    No, I don't really need to calm down. I'm pretty calm.

Ah yes, let's try to shift our focus to Lewis, another tactic of the orange colored glasses-wearing crowd to take the spotlight of of your beloved Max.

I am not talking about Lewis, and this is not a Lewis thread. But you already know that. When you have nothing left to defend your beloved Max with, try to divert the topic to Lewis. Beyond pathetic.

15. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    What Max has done is paint himself into a corner. He will not get any leeway at all from the stewards for any future infractions.

375+ likes this.
  16. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    THAT is why his comments are really stupid.

17. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    My beloved Max.... hahaha nice try. Maybe you try harder next time... I am not making it about Lewis but it is telling that the Lewis-fanboys are the most vocal about Max....maybe they are afraid that Max given the right material shows how good Lewis really is

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

daytona355 likes this.
  18. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I find it odd that some on here believe that critics of Max are automatically fans of Lewis. I have no idea why some insist on bringing Lewis' name into any conversation that criticizes Max, as if because Lewis had done something wrong over the course of his career, then it is okay for Max to do it. One has absolutely nothing to do with the other. I guess when Max fans have no answer, then they try to redirect the topic to Lewis. As I stated before, it is pathetic.

Max is a very fast driver, I don't think anyone would argue that. But he's a terrible racer. You can be the fastest driver that ever sat in an F1 car, but if you cannot finish a race without contact with another driver, you will seriously diminish your chances of maximizing points, and affect other drivers as well. You bring unnecessary risks to both you and the poor driver that has to deal with such an ego when passing.

I can see a point in time where all of the other drivers get fed up with Max, and refuse to race if he is on the track, if he doesn't clean up his act.

bmwracer likes this.
  19. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  20. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I’m not a max fan, so claiming the ‘orange spectacles brigade’ make excuses is a bit far fetched, I don’t dislike him, but I don’t cheer him on unless ferrari is out the picture. I’m a ferrari fan, and I have to admit, I’m still an Alonso fan even after he left us for pastures new, and could most likely have done more with the 2018 car than our current drivers

375+ likes this.
  21. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I agree on that mate, absolutely..... the Maxine love kiss on Kimi and others is annoying, but trouble is, the stewards let Elton do it to all his teammates over the years, so if they start sanctioning against it now, it’s a bit unfair. I guess as long as he doesn’t kill anyone, he will carry on, and somewhere along the way other drivers will work out how to turn it to their advantage, much like the better get away drivers being impervious to the Pitt manoeuvre

375+ likes this.
  22. Timstudio

Timstudio Karting

Jul 22, 2008
    NL
    Full Name:
    Tim
    That wont happen because all drivers have big ego's (except Bottas.) Imagine what would have happened if Alonso or Saintz had equal cars. Rampage! Max had nothing to fear from any but 5 other drivers this year. The rest knew they had slower cars and nothing to gain. That leaves Ricciardo who kinda mentally gave up or had bad luck, the ferrari's which were screwing their own season, Bottas who gets scared if there are other drivers on the track, and Lewis who was uncatchable.

Also Max had nothing to fear because he had nothing to loose. That will change if he is competing for WC. He will meet the other big ego's and will be put in place. Remember Senna/Prost? Verstappen is a brilliant driver but also on his way to be the bully on the grid. Bullies meet bigger bullies or get outsmarted by the rest.

Just stop referring to a push as an assault. It maken you look like a *****.

23. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    You don´t get it, don´t you.... is not about Lewis, it is about his fans....
    I find it ridiculous when Lewis-fanboys talk about Max-fanboys being biased as if they are better in any way. And if you think that I root for Max you obviously did not read any of my posts in the past... it is not about redirecting anything but looking over the negative posts here in that thread you will see that most of those talking down Max are the same talking up Lewis. Is it coincidence??? I guess not....

24. Finlander

Finlander Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 12, 2012
    Sunshine State
    Some of us are minimizing it because it is minimal, to some people. Some people look at it as a harmless shove and others, like you, look at it as a dangerous "assault". You have to be an extremely sensitive individual, or just one of those social justice warriors, to make such a big deal about a kid barely out of his teens pushing another boy.

And I think for many of us here, it isn't about being a Max fan, but more about it not being a big deal. I would have the same attitude no matter who it was. If Lewis would have pushed Vettel after Azerbaijan I would say the same thing. Who cares, its no big deal. They're grown men.

Just because YOU are uncomfortable with it, doesn't make you right. It just means thats your opinion, and you're entitled to it, as am I.

stavura, 375+ and jgonzalesm6 like this.