This is what happens when you sell your cars to rich [] kids like these. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

This is what happens when you sell your cars to rich [] kids like these.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Dilusha, Dec 3, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I never tried driving my Ferrari bare foot! I always drove this barefoot though! It felt right!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    hahaha! no doubt!

3. duxz360

duxz360 Rookie

Nov 19, 2016
    Kids are earning their money legally, seem to actually be driving their cars and they're realizing that at the end of the day they're just cars that should be driven and enjoyed. Some people on this forum really need to get over not getting a Pista allocation.

showme1946 likes this.
  4. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I don't care about all that but it shows they have been raised with no respect for ones possessions.

5. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    I always drive my air cooled 911's barefoot, its the only way lol. As for those kids, more power to them..and they do have to be "Flashy & Standout" to get attention on youtube.

sidtx and paulchua like this.
  6. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    let's play devil's advocate. We don't like to see these cars damage, that much is understandable.
    which has a higher likelihood of causing severe damage?

1. Taking the cars to the track
    2. Taking the cars for a "spirited drive" in the mountains
    3. Standing on the hood taking pictures

showme1946 and paulchua like this.
  7. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #32 paulchua, Dec 4, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    This picture is meant to convey a cavalier attitude. This is the modern-day equivalent as a publicity 'stunt.' Not a 'look at me' for its own sake, but to garner clicks = money.

What some detractors don't realize is the very act of responding (even negatively) on YouTube is contributing to their bottom line. Algorithms will show this photo (and the content behind it) is getting attention in clicks and comment counts.

I seriously doubt these guys use these cars as doormats on a regular basis. A carefully arranged shot, with spotless soles (which this has every indication of being - and that truck seems to be driving away from them) shouldn't have any lasting damage on either car. if these are not their cars, - I agree - scorn is deserved.

But assuming it is theirs - haters simply give them more exposure and success to buy their next Ferrari.

8. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Who are they (I must live in a cave because everyone here seems to know who they are) and how does everyone know they obtain their money through illegal means?

9. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Maybe you’ll be One of the lucky individuals who come out of a restaurant and find one of their followers standing on your exotic taking a selfie. Kudos to them for making their own money but that doesn’t make you immune from acting like an idiot.

daytona355 and Viperjoe like this.
  10. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    In other words, you wished that someone did something to my car.

I'd rather someone stands on the car than crashing the car.

11. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I think we're all in agreement that nobody should be standing on anybody's car. I think these are theirs though correct? Appreciative if I'm corrected in my assumption. Ive witnessed some unholy things done at cars and coffee on other exotics that make my gut churn. But hey, its their money and their car...

daytona355 likes this.
  12. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    No clue and I won't search them out.

13. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I stand by my statement. I really don't care how much money you have, you should respect your own possessions as well as others. Driving your car on a track or in the mountains is NOT the same as standing on it. This one photo, the first I have ever seen of these 2, tells me tons about them. If I searched them out, I doubt my opinion of them would change. I won't be searching.............

14. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    my take: his money, his car, his prerogative.

whether taking the car to the track (thus risk crashing it) or standing on it. His choice. Would crashing the car be better? Lots of folks crash their cars at the track/mountain roads/drag strip. We don't blame them for their choice.
    How driving the cars fast (thus risking damaging it) any different? At the end, the cars were damaged.

By judging them for not being "like us", we sound like those who criticize rich people for spending money "frivolously". Instead of a rich guy spending $500,000 on his daughter's wedding/Bah Mitzvah/sweet sixteen/car/etc, he should have fed poor people in Africa.

who are we to judge how people should spend their (legally earned) money?

15. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    paulchua likes this.
  16. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I dont see any problem. They are just cars.

TWK, showme1946, larry rebelo and 3 others like this.
  17. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    #42 308 milano, Dec 4, 2018
    ?? Not sure where are you equate what I said with wishing your car was vandalized. Family owned a body shop for 30 years, can tell you firsthand that standing in the center of an aluminum hood or fender is going to activate an insurance claim. On a positive note, we then could discuss damage vs diminished value.

18. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    It's a car. That's all. They can do what they want with it. If they dent it..they can fix it. If they wanna walk on it..so what. It's a man made object with pretty much zero real value, except for the value YOU put on it. People buy 100k carpets and they walk all over them, does that make the person any less valuable? Let them play and do what they want with their toys. Stop judging.

19. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    $7/1,000 views? Are you sure? I thought YouTube was about $1 per 1,000 for that audience demographic. There were a lot of pulled ads over the past year due to a few bad apples upsetting sponsors and revenue went down. Their formula isn't strictly based on views either, but also takes into account how long a viewer watches a video.

Either way I'm sure they made enough from YT to buy it, but like most things in life it will have a cycle and they will not make that much money later on. Hope they are saving some of it.

20. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    #45 308 milano, Dec 4, 2018
    And just so I’m clear. I could care less whar the Goober Twins do with their personal property. My concern is that everyone wants to emulate what they see from their YouTube heroes. Guys from jackass made tons of money stapling their ass cheeks together, doesn’t make them Einstein‘s

21. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    No..but they are definatly rich. They provided a service and people paid for it.

larry rebelo likes this.
  22. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    So because they are wealthy they are held to a different standard? Gotcha.

23. Jeff3545

Jeff3545 Karting

Sep 4, 2018
    SF Bay Area and South Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff Nolan
    They probably punch 120 pounds, combined... not too much risk of damage.

iloveferrari and I'm 360 Canuck like this.
  24. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Mission accomplished. This thread as well as others is exactly what they want. Attention. You-tubers make money doing stupid **** for attention. You guys are just fueling the fire. Guess these kids are not that dumb after all.

TWK, Boomhauer, anunakki and 5 others like this.
  25. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Nope. They provided a service. They worked for it. They can do what they want with their money. If they want to buy a million dollar car and set fire to it in the dealer parking lot..so be it. Delaet got paid, manufacture got paid, they wanna torch a million dollars..their choice.