488 Replacement | Page 45 | FerrariChat

488 Replacement

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ajr550, Feb 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mofatmi9

mofatmi9 Rookie

Aug 5, 2018
    Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
    Full Name:
    Mohammed Fatmi
    Honestly, just releasing the car in 2020/2021 as a whole would make more sense, gives the 488 a proper 5-year run. What is also interesting is if the 488 successor would still be regarded being in the same competition level as the 720S by the time it comes out, there's a good chance that the 720S's 'facelift' could have a hybrid powertrain as well. Will be very interesting, indeed.

2. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    The 720s Spider is out and it’s amazing! Monochromatic roof, all carbon, no scuttle ahake, very light for a spider and of course the performance we already know. Imagine that in an hybrid in the next model.
    Ferrari needs to wake up and stop being cheap with the aluminum chassis.
    we the customers are not cheap and not stupid...

3. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Completely agree with you , this agenda is the
    logical one .
    The most interesting unanswered question is :
    What kind of hybrid system we will see on the "big brother " next year and the 488 successor in 2021?
    I guess it will be a different one because of the development costs and the purpose of those cars
    ?

Doug23 likes this.
  4. mofatmi9

mofatmi9 Rookie

Aug 5, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mohammed Fatmi
    Irks me to agree that McLaren is pretty much doing a fine job :mad: but so much has happened in the last 3-4 years with that brand.

5. mofatmi9

mofatmi9 Rookie

Aug 5, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mohammed Fatmi
    It'll be interesting to see how much differentiation the 488's hybrid-powered successor and big brother have in between. Would love to know the price the big brother would be targeting for as well.

6. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I completely agree with this. The Pista has been an unqualified hit. They could have just ran that car out a little longer and then brought the replacement out a little earlier rather than trying an awkward bridge the gap using a fully long in tooth platform. Truly, I cannot imagine a facelifted 488, coming AFTER a Pista (and perhaps occupying a lower position of esteem), selling well. The 488 is an absolutely magnificent car (the Pista even more so), but it appears that the market has somewhat moved on. Seems strange to try and ride it out even further. Considering too that the 720LT and the 800hp Huracan replacement will be hitting at similar times.

7. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Maybe 500-600 k€ range ?

8. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    That may become ambitious for a regular production model IMHO (the market might be able to accept it for a while, but what if it softens? reducing prices is a very bad message to send, so taking as much as possible when the market allows may not offer any good fallback solution when the downturn arrives).

9. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress

10. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Aventadors are regularly 450-500k. 600k is a bit too high for a regular model, but I could see 500k. No value for money at that price, but hey, people got money to burn

11. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    I received an email from Algar concerning the upcoming 488 replacement. Francis knows nothing of a preview this month in Italy. He said he anticipates seeing the car in March with leaks in February. After 20 years and many cars I’m finally at the top of their list. Any talk of hybrid, V6, upgrade or entirely new car is simply conjecture. All dealer knows is that 488 replacements that’s plural according to email will be shown in March.

Melvok and of2worlds like this.
  12. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Congrats, that is a lot of cars.
    Hopefully you will continue to share your 'new' Ferrari with us here but all that Rosso Corsa has sort of become your signature...:)

jim g likes this.
  13. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    All dealer knows is that 488 replacements that’s plural according to email will be shown in March.

That is a very worthwhile update!
    Wonder if that is coupe and spider introduced together for the 488 replacement?

or could 'big brother' replace the 488 Pista as the second car shown in March!

Doug23 likes this.
  14. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    IMO well equipped it will come in around the 500k mark

15. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    NOT Enough - :D

You are getting a mini LaFerrari, for BB specs (unique body, electrics plus other goodies hinted at) figure on at least 750k bare minimum.

REALZEUS and phanliu like this.
  16. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    For a regular 4 year run production car they won't be able to sell many at 750k
    It's not crazy to expect 850hp for 500k there's been many advancements in power
    Hell McLaren have a 300k base price for 720hp and the big brother is coming 4 years after

Doug23 likes this.
  17. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Talking USD, 500K is maybe the right ballpark considering an "average" Pista is probably between 450K and 500K.

18. Dilusha

Dilusha Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    So both cars will be at Geneva? :eek:

19. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Plus there will be many advancements by other manufacturers during the 4 year lifecycle
    of the big brother. IMO it will start out as the fastest and only car in the new segment but
    will encounter other cars of equal capability very soon after launch.

Doug23 likes this.
  20. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Given their 15 car launch schedule till 2022 I see them doing multiple launches at Geneva and Frankfurt

21. Dilusha

Dilusha Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Ferr9000 did say that the both cars are for the first half of 2019.

F2003-GA likes this.
  22. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Never underestimate the GREED of the other guy... :eek:

F2003-GA and tekaefixe like this.
  23. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Many rave on about the merits of the McLaren 720S and how Ferrari is being left behind or at the least a step behind.
    However it should be noted that the McLaren was designed with the idea that it's development would skip a generation. Their new car would not merely compete it would combine the development of TWO generations of development in the new model they would introduce. It is not by luck that they got where they are today with this new model...

F2003-GA likes this.
  24. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    There's no way in hell they'll sell a regular model for $750K. The buyer pool would be tiny and the car would depreciate massively.

25. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Yes they gave the middle finger to everyone and look where they are now! The consumer has a top product so everyone wins.
    What I like about Mac is that they really inovate and launch great products from day one ( I’m counting from 720s, the rest was learning curve). They don’t milk customers like Ferrari. Mac is really innovative and futuristic. They work very close with universities, have their own wind tunnel etc.
    If Ferrari doesn’t react they will have lose a lot of customers specially from new generations.

I’m gravitating to Mac everyday more and more and it’s sad because I truly want Ferrari to kick everyone’s ass...I’m a Ferrari guy damn it!