Biggest complaint about your 308/328/GT-4 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Biggest complaint about your 308/328/GT-4

Discussion in '308/328' started by 308 milano, Dec 7, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Well this is just me, comparing it to the Dino which are priced high, the 308s are much better car and better looking and yet they’re under priced even though they made more of the 308, again this is just me.

Albert-LP likes this.
  2. Crowndog

Crowndog F1 Veteran

Jul 16, 2011
    Fairfield,Pa
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Great post. We will be here waiting and willing to welcome and help you out.

Albert-LP and Martin308GTB like this.
  3. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    a/c
    cold shifts
    high beam stalk position
    hot ass air blowing in from the foot well
    slow windows.

But I can live with it all :D

4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Mine had various issues

1) oil leaks (hey, its Italian!)
    2) very fragile interior parts
    3) AC is... well
    4) rust
    5) the headlights are pretty weak
    6) general Fi problems

5. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Having owned both, the Dino feels like a car made in the 60's and the 308 made in the 80's. The Dino as a car honestly has a ton of problems that people overlook for its looks and size. When the 308 came out the Dino looked old. Now its in fashion. The Dino is a really fun car to drive and has tons of personality but its crude compared to a 308, which is why the 308 was so successful replacing it.

Brian A, Albert-LP and miketuason like this.
  6. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    #56 308 milano, Dec 9, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    What are these weak interior parts that’s been mentioned? Haven’t noticed anything on my QV that can’t be found on my Wifes BMW. Should note that the BMW stereo amplafier decided to go out last month before we put it away for the winter, oem equipment cost $1100 us. Or go aftermarket and graft into the system? $1000 us. Just closed the garage door and will deal with it in the spring. Oh, and the push button four wheel drive on my Chevy truck seems to go out every other year($35)
    Repair the light stalk on the QV- cost 1 Bud Light lime and bowl of dipping chips and Salsa.

Brian A likes this.
  7. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    Do you need help in making a decision?
    IMHO in 90% of all cases the reason for an amplifier no more working is a $ 0.xy component, which failed.
    And there are folks out there who can repair most things.
    Had an amplifier going out recently. It was a corroded fuse contact :)

Best from Germany
    Martin

8. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    LOL you just made my morning! Will send you a PM after the Holidays and tackle the issue, Thank You Martin.
    Spoke with 3 BMW service dealerships in the Seattle area and they acted like I was the only one with this amplifier issue. Many posts come up on the internet but no solution posted

9. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    #59 johnk..., Dec 9, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    These two are funny.

1) Porsche was sued because of "defective windshields" which reflected the dash. Cast was settled and owners were offered $70 to buy sunglasses. LOL. I never noticed the problem in my 07 Boxster because I always wear script polarized sunglasses when I drive.

3) Every try to make a turn at full lock at low speed in a Boxster or Cayman, like when backing out f a driveway onto the street? The front tires scrub badly. If not expecting it you would think toe alignment is way off.

But seriously, my biggest complainant would be so may of you guys are knit picking one of the most beautifully cars to ever grace the roads. What has Ferrari done since? The 355 is pretty iconic, but after than it's bubble car heaven, then the contorted twists and turns of the 458 and 488. The 308 GTB/GTS are probably the last cars Ferrari built for the sake of beauty. After that if became a race against other manufactures; how can we out do xxx on style or HP. And the 12 cylinder cars?

Brian A likes this.
  10. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    Body design went down the drain, when 3D-CAD replaced the drawing board and CAD/CAM made it possible to manufacture the tools for the craziest shapes.
    Not that I'm not happy about 3D-CAD. But for body design the use of freeforming tools went over the top.
    Each software presentation I have visited during the past years just showed me more and more design atrocities. But I was fairly alone with this. Most others were highly impressed.

Best from Germany
    Martin

11. conan

conan Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2011
    It is easy to turn dials and knobs in a CAD software.

It is still hard to create iconic designs.

308 milano likes this.
  12. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    As long as we are talking styling.. this is the best Ferrari could come up with for an interior?Seriously?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Give me the 308 any day.

Smiles likes this.
  13. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
  14. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    The stalks (which break easily if you get in the car wrong) along with the buttons switches and knobs.

15. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    and God Forbid you should break one of the three air vents on the dash. I have 67,000 on my 87 GTS and love every minute of it, even when she is just resting in the garage. Although I would like to find a couple of the original screwdrivers for less than the cost of a root canal

16. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    and I wish I would have laid out what for most people is a mortgage payment for a radio blanking plate instead of putting in an expensive Nakamichi unit that: 1) plays through Ferrari's 50 cent speakers, and 2) I never turn on anyway.

308 milano likes this.
  17. Crowndog

Crowndog F1 Veteran

Jul 16, 2011
    Fairfield,Pa
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Come on admit it that it’s the hunt for the part even normal wear items that keeps the adrenaline flowing. It’s an addiction I’m sure. FOA (Ferrari Owners Anonymous) find a meeting near you.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

18. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    Oh great! Another thread about 'I only listen to the exhaust' :)
    But I agree, Ferrari's 3x8 OEM equipment was plain crap.
    Since I'm into music as much as into Ferrari I'm glad, that there are numerous inexpensive possibilities to do invisible but audible improvements.

Best from Germany
    Martin

19. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Small world.

The amp on my BMW failed last fall.

It wasnt the amp, it was the wiring. I ran a new power wire to it and it's back to normal. .

20. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Well according to BMW I am the only one with this issue. I should note I’m just guessing it’s the amp after spending hours online. My wife says the stereo started to cut in and out for a few seconds at a time. Very glad Martin chimed in as I found the repair cost concerning!

21. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    Another alternative is to buy a used replacement amp from a BMW Automotive Recycling Center (formerly known as a Junk Yard). Cost will be substantially less than buying a new one. (Had to replace the Factory power amp in my E30 a few years ago.) (Darned BMWs.)
    Thank goodness for the window crank holes as a mounting place for nice tweeters. A reversible change, although the concours judges have never dinged me for them.

The power amp of my home system has vacuum tubes.

22. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    I've thought about mounting tweeters there, but haven't found any that looked low-profile enough.

23. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    I am not sure you will. Tweeters are pretty directional so have to be aimed toward the listener. This requires them to bulge out of their grilles.

24. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
  25. ferrariowner

ferrariowner Formula 3

Feb 21, 2014
    Mansfield, TX
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Occasionally I turn on the stereo or play a CD. After a few minutes of listening, I think about digging out my radio block off plate and removing the stereo.