575 Manual auction | Page 3 | FerrariChat

575 Manual auction

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Skippr1999, Dec 2, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
  2. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Unbelievable. Two of my favourite Ferraris, almost unsellable when new.

3. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    That makes £177,400 at today's rather depressed exchange rate. If that's a price fall, it's still a lot more than my own manual 575 (higher miles, better spec) cost from a main dealer in 2015..and this was an auction.

F456M likes this.
  4. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
    I think there were some silly prices in America for manual cars over the last two/three years, so in real terms over there this is probably a correction rather than a crash.

The parity in price today with the UK probably says more about the weak GBP than the price of used Ferrari's.

5. LorenzoOO

LorenzoOO Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2017
    Italia, US NE
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo LaMattina
    Yes, very true. I remember Porsche Speedsters sitting unsold for many, many months back in the early/mid nineties. Now they are worth 10X the price of the 911 convertible of the same years.

6. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    As another data point, I came across this UK car with FHP with 28k+ miles at DK.

https://www.dkeng.co.uk/ferrari-sales/957/prestige_cars/ferrari_575_mm.html

Looked pretty clean. Last year, I tried to buy an almost identical car but the buyer wouldn't budge from £215k. This one is at £175k, and Dk asking prices are normally top dollar. I got the impression they would consider offers of £150k+.

Compared to 2-3 years ago prices have declined significantly, but the percentage premium for a manual over F1 seems to have remained nearly the same.

7. LorenzoOO

LorenzoOO Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2017
    Italia, US NE
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo LaMattina
    Yes, agreed, I see the same.

BarryK likes this.
  8. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
  9. LorenzoOO

LorenzoOO Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2017
    Italia, US NE
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo LaMattina
    That car would be stunning with a Cuoio interior.

10. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Exactly what I'd have in mind.

LorenzoOO likes this.
  11. NE550

NE550 Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    Full Name:
    Dave
  12. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
  13. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    drivers source has had that car forever asking $279k. They're going to get $220kish for it on BAT like the last 2, if they are willing to sell it there fine, but very unlikely it sniffs the $279k they wanted.

14. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    so is the Bat auction car a Factory Original build?

15. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    See post 62 only two above yours.

16. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    so its based off of the vin?

17. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
  18. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Another excellent piece of knowledge!

F456M likes this.
  19. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    PROFOUNDLY irritating. There should be a law against it.:mad::mad::mad:

20. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Decent looking car with the all-important Fiorano Handling Pack, did anyone here see it in person (or buy it)? It appears that manual 575s are trading at more than two times the price of F1s in the US, looking at this thread and the latest information on the Maranellos Are Disappearing thread.

21. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
    It makes the RM Auction car look like a bit of a steal. That's two manual 575's at very similar price points which is a reasonably good indicator of where the market is in the US right now.

It would be very interesting to see a RHD manual 575 go across the block in the UK right now. The premium over an F1 certainly still seems to be there.

There are a few for sale here on open market, two/three of which have been available for some time. The two manuals I know of that sold were at prices considerably less than current advertised asking prices.

22. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Alan- Have to remember, a much higher percentage of UK RHD 575Ms had three pedals. Not sure how that 27.5% three pedals affects price compared to the 9.8% of the rest of world 575Ms.

23. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
    True Terry, there are a greater number of manuals here as a percentage, but there aren't that many cars here to start with.

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/ferrari_575m_maranello

Not exactly scientific and open to error, but howmanyleft suggests there are circa 117 575's registered for use on the road here and another 62 in storage/off the road/for sale at dealers. This also doesn't differentiate between RHD and LHD of which there will at least be some.

Your figure of 27.5% suggests there are about 49 (ish) manual 575's left here in the UK. Some will be well used, others will be never sold and passed down the generations. I'm sure more than one or two will have met a messy end.

All this tells me I probably can't be too picky if I eventually want to own one of these cars. Whilst asking/selling prices fluctuate with market forces, people can effectively ask what they want for these cars as they generally aren't owned by people that actually "need" to sell them to move into something else.

All that said, I'm very nervous about our economy (the world economy actually) and I just want to make sure I'm in a good place financially once the Brexit arguments have come to some sort of conclusion and we've left the EU.

Odd times we're in here in the UK. Fear of the unknown has left us in a bit of vacuum.

24. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Alan- Affirmative, a no deal exit is not what everyone would have expected. Those bureaucrats in Brussels are a vindictive lot, it would appear.