2019 Cavallino Classic | Page 2 | FerrariChat

2019 Cavallino Classic

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Rossocorsa1, Nov 28, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    I never saw that form...

So, $400 to spectate and you get free parking for your Ferrari on the lawn (see the bottom of section 4). ;)

2. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    I called, and $400 is the spectator ticket price for Sunday's event, per person, includes brunch.

While Bentleys are very nice... wish this year was vintage Bugatti or Duesenburg instead.

3. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    For that price I better get to meet The Don ;)

4. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    Classic Sports Sunday tickets have to be sold in advance, to named people, as everyone's names have to get cleared by the Secret Service. Your name will be checked at the gate.

5. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Why? Is Trump going to be there?

6. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    :)
    And a bottle of Dom with brunch.

7. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I haven’t been to Cavallino in a few years, but not because of ticket prices, which seeems to be the usual complaint.

I just wish IMSA and John Barnes could figure out a way to have the Rolex 24 and Cavallino on different weekends. Yes, it would be a pricey endeavor to do both, and perhaps I couldn’t do it every year, but wouldn’t it be nice to have the option?

So, I’ll be at the Rolex again this year. Sorry, John.

8. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    But then again, you do have a pretty cool race car. I thought seriously about making you an offer on it, but I just don’t have the space.

9. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Well, it is the Winter White House. ;)

Mar-a-Lago (/ˌmɑːrəˈlɑːɡoʊ/) is a resort and National Historic Landmark in Palm Beach, Florida, built from 1924 to 1927 by cereal-company heiress and socialite Marjorie Merriweather Post. The 126-room, 62,500-square-foot (5,800 m²)[4][better source needed] house contains the Mar-a-Lago Club, a members-only club with guest rooms, a spa, and other hotel-style amenities. It is located in Palm Beach County on the Palm Beach barrier island, with the Atlantic Ocean to the east and Florida's Intracoastal Waterway to the west.

At the time of her death in 1973, Post bequeathed the property to the National Park Service, hoping it could be used for state visits or as a Winter White House, but because the costs of maintaining the property exceeded the funds provided by Post, and it was difficult to secure the facility (as it is located in the flight path of Palm Beach Airport), the property was returned to the Post Foundation by an Act of Congress in 1981.[5]

In 1985, Mar-a-Lago was purchased by Donald Trump.[6] His wife at the time, Ivana Trump, was charged with running the property.[7] Trump retained Mar-a-Lago through both of his divorces. His family maintains private quarters in a separate, closed-off area of the house and grounds.[8] Trump has frequently visited there since he was elected President of the United States,[9] referring to it as the Winter White House and his "Southern White House." It is the second largest mansion in the state of Florida and the 20th largest mansion in the United States. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mar-a-Lago

This, from the Application:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Texas Forever and Dave rocks like this.
  10. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I plan to attend no car this year .. the track events are always pretty fun also

Rossocorsa1 likes this.
  11. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

Looking forward to seeing you there, Larry.

LARRYH likes this.
  12. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I will see you there

13. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    THANKS, Paul! I really do enjoy owning that car (and it's been pretty bullet-proof), but drive it less and less.
    As much as I hate to admit it, at 66 years old my orthopedic issues are getting the best of me, so being at the track is more work than it used to be!
    Now back to our regularly-scheduled programming.

Bryanp, Texas Forever and Automoblog like this.
  14. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    I'll be there as usual. Attending all events and judging at the Concours.

15. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Michael - looking forward to seeing you there.

M. Brandon Motorcars likes this.
  16. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Has anyone heard what vintage era cars have confirmed for Cavallino?

17. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    Typically the entrant list is kept under wraps. No one usually knows outside those who entered exactly what will be there. Always guaranteed to be a few pleasant surprises. :)

18. enzoformenh

enzoformenh Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    NH
    Full Name:
    Mike F
    I wouldn't miss it. It is one of my favorite events of the year. I will be at the track on Thursday and Friday and at the Concourse on Saturday. Not brining a car. I've thought about it a few times but I think it would ruin the event for me. I would be too worried about my car and not enjoy the event.

19. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

I can appreciate that. It is a lot of work to present a car, before, during and after a show, but I love doing it. I will likely take a break after the Cavallino in January and not show in 2020.

I see we both have 328 GTB's. They are a very rare breed. Please swing by and say hello.

20. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Texas Forever likes this.
  21. enzoformenh

enzoformenh Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    NH
    Full Name:
    Mike F
    I look forward to meeting you and seeing your B

22. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    Will also be there again, really like the event.

Bringing a special one from Europe. Concours on Saturday and track the days bevor.

348 GTC LM - 1 of only 2, built by Michelotto and 24H LeMans history.

Would be great to meet some of you guys, come and say hello please :)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

Looks great. See you there.

24. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    For those who have attended many Cavallino Classic's, was there one that was especially good? Looking at this video from 2014, it seemed to an exceptional year.

25. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    That's a tough one! I've been going since '96 and it's never disappointed. I'd have to go thru all my old photos to try and pick a favorite though it is subjective. Certainly my first year displaying as an artist was one I won't forget.

I will say I preferred the old layout better before the Breakers changed the front lawn. It flowed better and there was no disconnect between the two fields. The early track days were legendary! I still miss Benny Caiola's larger than life personality. He always gave hot lap rides to spectators, man what a character. I miss spending all day at the track with Franco and the crew from Shelton. I miss Bob Mack and the old FCA days. Still enjoy the Thursday party!!! Always great to catch up with Paul and see what incredible restoration he brings. Cavallino is a yearly reunion for me of all the dear friends I've made thru the years.

So many great memories. So many more to come! That to me is worth the ticket of admission.