2015 Ghibli Help Needed | FerrariChat

2015 Ghibli Help Needed

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by blabardi, Dec 31, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. blabardi

blabardi Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2007
    Downers Grove, IL
    Hoping someone can help me out with some advice or similar situations. I have a 2015 Ghibli S Q4 I Purchased new from the dealer. The dealer subsequently sold it’s Maserati franchise in so I went to another Maserati dealer recently for service. It was just routine service with the exception of a complaint about the front suspension being too low and bottoming out. I was advised there is a known issue with the front suspension. After spending 15 days at the dealer, the issue was repaired with new front suspension in the service completed. Almost immediately, I noted what seemed to be a transmission issue. So back to the dealer the car went. The issue was identified as not resetting the electronic sensors in the front suspension so the transmission thought it was constantly going uphill due to the now corrected hire a ride height. The car was there for one day. The following morning, I started the car and stopped at a bakery on my way to work. Upon returning to the car, it was totally dead. Would not do anything and had to be towed to the dealer. It’s been there for the past 15 days. I’m being told a number of things including it was a battery issue, and that now the check engine light is on related to some sort of fuel injection problem with cylinder six. Maserati corporate has been involved and advised me the dealer cannot repair so they were sending some sort of master of Maserati mechanic to go take a look. Anyone else have issues like this? What is going on here and what do I do?

2. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Honestly? It sounds rather like a dealership network in trouble. Try and find another dealer with a better reputation but also know that Maserati is probably going to be shrinking their dealership network as the seek to downsize. They apparently now think they've been making too many cars and need to become more exclusive. :rolleyes: I'll bet your car can be rectified and I have friends who love their Ghiblis but the whole marketing/dealership network strategy thing has been something of a roller coaster to watch.

Hang tough.

3. blabardi

blabardi Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2007
    Downers Grove, IL
    Thanks. Don’t get me wrong. I love the car. But this situation is unworkable/inexcusable. Dealer I bought from was Ferrari/Maserati. Never any problems when I was taking it there for service but they abruptly sold the Maserati brand in October. The one I went to here was the most established in the area. What a disappointment. Assuming they can fix the car (still unknown at this point) I fear I have no choice but to get rid of the car if Maserati can’t provide a proper service network.

4. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Completely understandable and reasonable. It's not just a sport, luxury or entertainment vehicle for you it's transportation which is what Maserati said it strove to become. They're having problems IMHO executing their original plan and are now shifting gears.