mid engine corvette qtr panels leaked photo | Page 71 | FerrariChat

mid engine corvette qtr panels leaked photo

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by darkkaangel, Jul 30, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    Bolder? The so called true enthusiasts for corvette lost their collective minds when they got rid of round tail lights on the C7 and flip up head lights on the C6. But I am with you, they should go big but we know they won't.

2. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    The "true" enthusiasts (I am one) were fine with the loss of round tail lights and flip ups. The VERY vocal and TINY minority of "get off my lawn" guys turned this into a MUCH bigger deal than it was in reality. The C7 wouldn't have sold the way it did if even HALF the "true" Corvette guys were on strike. One thing I learned is there is a big "herd mentality" on the internet....on CorvetteForum, ONE guy would start a "I hate the C7" thread and 8 guys would post, ad nauseum, for WEEKS, backing the guy up. This started VERY early (January 2013) and went on for years.

As far as styling, I think the C7 will age well. The C6 (IMO) is just bland now, when I see one on the street, I just go "meh" (and I had 2 of them!)

3. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    #1753 jimmyb, Jan 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    But, we (the unwashed) don't KNOW the release has been pushed back....
    GM has never said a word about when the car would release (from the public's standpoint, you have to have a release DATE, that is missed, to have a DELAY).
    We (the unwashed) just made a lot of assumptions, which didn't come to fruition, and then started with "the car is delayed".
    The "electrical" issue is the latest. Reported by "GMAUTHORITY", it got legs and everyone "assumed" it was true. This is the same GMAUTHORITY that parroted the "C8 will be shown 1/14 at Detroit", posted by some guy on Corvette Forum. They have NO real information, are not affiliated with GM in ANY way, but, by god, they say it, and it gets a life of it's own.

CK7684 and jm2 like this.
  4. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    First things first...........go take a bath so you're no longer a part of the 'unwashed' ;)

But you're absolutely correct, or as a recent column from the www.autoextremist said in today's piece: 'Nobody knows anything'.
    The rumors have taken on a life of their own, and have been for some time. Since there has never been an official statement from GM regarding the existence of a C8, social media have created their own alternative/parallel universe. Look how much discussion it's caused on a Ferrari site! What's the page count now?
    It's been frustrating for everyone involved, both outside and within GM. People have lost their jobs over leaking information :eek:

Stay tuned, and keep your wits about you. And try to stay clean ;)

rdefabri likes this.
  5. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    John,
    I took a shower last Thursday....why you always harping on me?;)

jm2 likes this.
  6. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
  7. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
  8. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    jm2 likes this.
  9. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Never rule anything out.

k wright likes this.
  10. Dragster

Dragster Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Standard GM manufacturing technique. ;)

jm2 likes this.
  11. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    That's how you know it's going to be a 70k car than a 170k car.

TheMayor, jm2 and rdefabri like this.
  12. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    The scoop looks fine. I just hope the nose is lower and there is less fender above the wheels.

13. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    So far...

Very generic looking ME exotic with a few Corvette styling elements stuck on. The scoop is horrific. Theres just no way to make that look good.

But I doubt anyone who was contemplating buying it will reconsider based on that. I hope for GM sake its a success. I love Corvette as a brand.

rdefabri and jm2 like this.
  14. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    While generic, I think this rendering is pretty nice - I’d pay $70k for this.

Unfortunately, unless the camo is really great at hiding the silhouette of the C8, it looks far more rounded and curvaceous than the mules caught running around in public.

GM doesn’t seem do curves - they do sharp edges and angles (see Cadillac). IMHO the actual car won’t look this nice.

15. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Latest sighting (Tuesday) - rocker panel looks odd, but shape looks better than what I’ve seen previously. Scoop is still funky looking. Zoom in on steering wheel, has the squared shape, which I think is cool:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    I don't hate it, but IMHO, the Stingray's a much better looking car.

anunakki likes this.
  17. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    So far it's what I call "a lost opportunity".

18. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    ^^^^
    Based on "renders" (also known as wild ass guesses)?

Tenney and jm2 like this.
  19. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    #1771 jimmyb, Jan 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    You guys need to stop looking at "renders" and start looking at the actual camo'd cars. The side air inlets, quarter panel, rear spoiler, etc treatments have changed (under camo) at least 3 times over the last 9 months or so.
    Every time a new picture of the actual car appears, new "renders" appear with yet another GUESS of the air intake shape/quarter panel shape.

jm2 likes this.
  20. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    Barely notice the scoop in the launch color. Hey, at least it's functional (right?).

21. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    Not too late to throw scarves to the wind, slap some plastic cladding on the side of that rascal and really mess with us!

jm2 likes this.
  22. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    The air intake hasnt changed shape at all. Looks just like the render. Im a designer by trade so i can see past the camo to at least tell that much.

JV's89, crinoid and jm2 like this.