360 F1 pump replacement | Page 2 | FerrariChat

360 F1 pump replacement

Discussion in '360/430' started by djastral69, Mar 8, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I don't have any issue with anyone disagreeing with me :)

So, that document actual reinforces what I'm saying. They are setting the level (low) with the accumulator charged. The 355 uses the same tank as 360 - I will measure the distance this weekend to the disk "A" and then compare that to the dipstick - I'll bet it will further support my point.

Any using that tool is pretty funny. Gotta love Ferrari :)

2. mike01606

mike01606 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2012
    Cheshire UK
    Full Name:
    Mike M
    Either way is equivalent really.... but how do you know it’s fully discharged without an SD2 to read the pressure?

The ‘Ferrari F1 tank level corrector tool’ solves a problem that doesn’t really exist. A bit like NASAs ball point pen....

I just open my door, turn the ignition on and then dip the depth to the top of the plate. If it’s about 1/4” it’ll do...

Fundamentally the level goes up and down depending on system pressure so it has to be checked at one extreme or the other.

Dave rocks likes this.
  3. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    I am not sure your example is good. You realize that ink flows because of gravity so a pen won't write long in space. SO the NASA pen is really a must for space travel because the ink is pressurized. It will also write on surfaces that won't generally work because the ink flows predictably.

4. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I agree with everything you said, Mike. As far as the discharge, good point but the system bleeds down over time. How much time? That I don't know. Anyway, the point I was making is that the accumulator discharge will cause the tank level to raise and if not enough room, fluid on the floor ;)

5. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    The fluid reservoir as pictured on the bulletin is different than the one that's on my '03 360 Spider. So I consider the tech bulletin to be obsolete and no longer apply because the capacity of the reservoir has changed.

6. Jgivoo

Jgivoo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2016
    New Jersey
    You can do what you want but...........
    the tech bulletin is very explicit when it states "360 All versions"

7. mike01606

mike01606 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2012
    Cheshire UK
    Full Name:
    Mike M
    Or you could use a pencil :)

Dave rocks likes this.
  8. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    And here is yet another idea.....

Be sure the system is fully discharged...

Fill the tank right up to the top. Then remove the volume of the accumulator plus just a little more. The tank will never overflow ;)

9. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI