For Sale - 1961 CORVETTE... DUAL QUAD 270Hp, 4 SPEED ...MATCHING #'S CAR | FerrariChat

For Sale 1961 CORVETTE... DUAL QUAD 270Hp, 4 SPEED ...MATCHING #'S CAR

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by loflyer47, Jan 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. loflyer47

loflyer47 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2004
    Phila. area, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Ben
    ORIGINAL, verified, matching #'s 1961 Corvette ..believed Radio delete car.., 283 CID V8, solid lifter 270 HP, 4 speed (this is the one to have)...everything is there...convertible top... red, with white cove, white top...red interior..
    older frame off restoration...condition 2+, or 1- car...very quick car... alotta fun, Great color combination..
    ...I really don't want to sell the car, but do need the room in the stable for others..
    ... Fairly priced at $60,000.00 Fob Pa.
    ..email me at [email protected] or message here..
    ...here's a sample pic more to follow...
    ... I have to many cars and a couple have to go..
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

AtomicPunk88, k wright, hirpm and 3 others like this.
  2. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Mileage ? Does it come with hard top as well ?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

3. loflyer47

loflyer47 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2004
    Phila. area, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Ben
    14,757 miles...on the odometer... motor runs very strong!! This car can Kick A$$
    ...... my guess...those may be the miles since it was rebuilt.. but only a guess on my part..
    ... has the soft top only...

.............. And those who don't know this... all these cars were manual steering...

ALSO... THE FACT THAT THIS IS A RADIO DELETE CAR....
    I'm SUSPECTING THERE'S SOMETHING SPECIAL ABOUT THIS CAR...
    .. When you "Get on it"..... This car's got "BALLS" !!!!
    ..........OTHER PIX AVAIL..
    ................ HERE'S A PIC OF THE ENGINE BAY....AND TRUNK AREA

Attached Files:

LARRYH and one4torque like this.
  4. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    This is my dad's car almost exactly, except his is triple black. 270HP solid lifter motor growls and moves with urgency! GLWS!

bates40, JRE and ralfabco like this.
  5. Protouring442

Protouring442 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    Harriman, TN
    Full Name:
    One Stupid SOB
    Wow, that looks just like my dad's old 'Vette, right down to what looks like a modified front tag carrier (he modified his so it wouldn't stick out so far). His was Roman Red and Ermine White as well, and was believed to be a radio delete car, too (radio had been cut out, but there was no indication of there ever having been an antenna). He sold his back in the late 90s (I think). Sold it at Corvette Carlise.

GLWS!

6. loflyer47

loflyer47 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2004
    Phila. area, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Ben
    The same with this car.......could this be his car? Would you have the VIN on his car? The previous owner of this car bought the car in the 90's and lived in NJ until he retired to Florida in the early 2000's... I bought the car in 2005 in Fl. (From him, through a car dealer) And brought it up to Pa.... What are the odds? I'd like to know. You have ANY pix of his car? Specs? Anything...? I WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED IF...... I enjoy discovering a cars' history ...

7. Protouring442

Protouring442 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    Harriman, TN
    Full Name:
    One Stupid SOB
    I'll look around for some prints of the car and scan them in. I'm actually headed off to visit with my parents this weekend, and I'll see if I can come up with a VIN.

8. loflyer47

loflyer47 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2004
    Phila. area, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Would be interesting if that were his car..if so,I'd love to have some pix of the car when he owned it. Would be nice to see pix from back then... Thanks

Protouring442 likes this.
  9. loflyer47

loflyer47 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2004
    Phila. area, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Ben
    someone requested pix of the undercarriage.. see below..
    NOTE: the axle straps on the rear axle in the one picture..I was told these are original to this car...and obviously correct, also..
    .. I've had an "expert" (and I'm using this term loosely) corvette guy inspect this car..it is a very correct car.

Attached Files:

10. loflyer47

loflyer47 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2004
    Phila. area, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Ben
    now listed in HEMMINGS MOTOR NEWS.. with new price.....
    update on my 1961 corvette THATS MENTIONED HERE...
    AND THE PRICE HAS BEEN ADJUSTED accordingly .. TO $66,000.00 PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THIS..
    THANKS..

SoCal1 likes this.
  11. loflyer47

loflyer47 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2004
    Phila. area, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Ben
    THIS CAR IS STILL AVAIL.. AND SPRING IS HERE !!! I HAD IT OUT TODAY...AND WHAT A CAR...

12. loflyer47

loflyer47 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2004
    Phila. area, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Ben
    This 1961 corvette, 270Hp, dual quad carbs, 4 speed, ....NICE.... is still avail. I need to make room in the garage....have way to Many cars...

13. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    #13 Meister, Oct 8, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    looks like an MSD ignition box inside the front passenger fender. The OEM points based distributors certainly are an area to upgrade (more reliable), but if thats what they did then it does take a little away from the "correctness" of the car.

Also in those early years a radio was an option just like power windows, heater, interior color etc many of the era were ordered without them.

14. loflyer47

loflyer47 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2004
    Phila. area, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Ben
    YES, the car does have an MSD ignition box, distributor... and coil... however...I have the original matching Numbers. distributor and coil so that the car can be perfect again.. if desired
    This is a very correct car...

In reference to the radio... I beg to differ, every corvette came with a std. AM radio.. it was the "AM radio signal seeking" radio that was an option.......you had to specifically order the car without a radio, if desired... ergo, "radio delete" option..

15. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Quoted for truth!

:)

Matt

rdefabri and loflyer47 like this.
  16. loflyer47

loflyer47 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2004
    Phila. area, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Ben
    hey... did you ever find the VIN on your dad's '61 Vette? I'd be curious to know if this was, in fact your father's car way back when..

of2worlds likes this.
  17. loflyer47

loflyer47 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2004
    Phila. area, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Ben
    This 1961 corvette is avail. Again...the “Barn” is full Now and need to make room for another car.
    Last offered for sale was 2019.
    New price is $64,000.00 located in Pa. and ready for this summer’s driving.

18. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    This is the same spec as my father's triple black '61 Corvette (dual quads, solid lifters, 4-spd). I say this with love, as that car was a huge part of my childhood and the one thing I had a connection with my father (he's still alive but we were never really "close") - they drive like trucks but sound amazing. Compared to my E-Type, it's crude and hard to drive, but man is it cool...I mean having that top down and hearing the rumble of that 283 is special.

My father gave his car to my brother (I've documented this somewhere), and my brother did some work to it before ultimately selling it. I was sad to see it go.

GLWS!!!

ralfabco and loflyer47 like this.
  19. pearsonhaus

pearsonhaus Formula 3

Jul 2, 2008
    C-1's are soooo cool!!

20. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    Killer deal and the solid lifter cars are the ones to have with the 6.5k redline.
    I have this car's twin, but in a '60, such a great cruiser that gets a TON of positive attention. Swap to a Hurst shifter for one of the best shifter feels of any car.

21. Allcollectorcars

Jul 14, 2018
    PA
    Full Name:
    Dylan Stahl

Please send me your number I am interested in the car… thanks

22. loflyer47

loflyer47 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2004
    Phila. area, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Call me. Office number. 610 282-0109... I can be reached at that number at anytime...