Price Check, 360 | FerrariChat

Price Check, 360

Discussion in '360/430' started by Texas Turbo, Jan 22, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Texas Turbo

Texas Turbo Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Howdy, y'all. Hopefully this will be at least somewhat fun and enlightening.

Backstory, I think the time has come for me to move on from my 360. (F12 is next). I'd love to keep the 360 but I just don't have any more garage space. Which, of course, means I need to either sell or trade my 360.

I'd like some thoughts from the enthusiasts on this board as to values, both private sale and trade.

Here are the details:

22,000 miles all records and no gaps in maintenance, due for annual and belts in March. I've owned the car for 6 1/2 years, here is my intro thread on this forum. https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/grigio-alloy-360-modena.385524/

EURO 2000 360 Modena
    Gated 6-speed
    Grigio Alloy Exterior
    Blue Scuro Interior
    Full Leather
    Carbon Fiber Sport seats
    Challenge Front and Rear grills
    All stickies taken care of

Mods that I can remember:

19/20 wheels (Ronal)
    "CS style" rear diffuser
    "Yoshi" Shields
    Polished air boxes
    Braided lines and hoses
    Catless exhaust
    Tubi muffler
    Carbon fiber interior door handles
    Carbon fiber cup holder
    Reus aftermarket audio system (factory head unit, custom speakers and amps/sub in frunk)
    Air horns for safety and that authentic Ferrari sound!

Issues:

Starting to bubble on the airbag cover
    A few scrapes under the front spoiler
    A few small paint chips but have a clear bra
    Thats about it

So, F-chatters... what's it worth? Any ideas???

Private Sale?

Trade?

Any and all feedback welcome... any questions, ask away.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

DefunctNeurons likes this.
  2. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Blue interior and no cats are big issues; cats are an $8-10K issue minimum and probably more. At this age, I don't think Euro changes value much unless the conversion wasn't done well. What documentation do you have on the import and does it have a BAR sticker (I assume not). With no CA buyers in the pool and several other States as well, the market is limited and it will impact the price. There are others that follow the market much more closely than I do but I would say this is a mid 50 to MAYBE 60K car in a private sale. Trade will be 40K or less IF you can find a taker.

3. Texas Turbo

Jan 30, 2004
    Austin, TX
    #3 Texas Turbo, Jan 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    WOW! That is a little off what I would expect.

Are cats really 10K?

The car has been registered in New York, Michigan and Texas with no problem but I imagine CA would present problems as it does for most imports.

If I can't get more than 40K then she'll be my new beater and sleep outside!

4. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    Turbo - PM sent

5. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    I had my cats replaced last year - $8600.

6. Bob in Makiki

Bob in Makiki Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu
  7. Texas Turbo

Jan 30, 2004
    Austin, TX
    #7 Texas Turbo, Jan 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    Thank you for the initial feedback. To be clear on the exhaust, sorry for any confusion but it is road-legal. The car has never had an issue passing an inspection.

I already received an offer from one dealer (thankfully for more than $40K!) and I'm trying to figure out if I should trade it (with the associated tax benefit) or selling it on the private market (i.e. Ferrarichat, cars.com, autotrader, etc.)

8. Bob in Makiki

Bob in Makiki Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu
    I would suggest a subscription to Ferrari Market Letter. It is well worth the cost. You might also want to subscribe to Sports Car Market. Both are great sources of solid data, and Ferrari Market Letter is a good place to advertise your car if you want to pursue a private sale. Hagerty.com is free and has some great data that will be more specific to your year and condition (but does not segregate the gated from F1 cars).

I like the Blue Scuro interiors. They hold up well, and look good with a silver car, I think. Good luck with your transition to an F12!

9. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    Blue interior and no cats are big issues.

Blue is really the only complimentary interior color for Grigio Alloy, the 360's light blue metallic launch color.
    Grigio Titanio or Grigio Silverstone, which are both silver metallics, are another story.

10. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    better off to market the car through the various websites... and get some pro help from some f car re-seller dealer types.......

internet forum pricing from non-buyers is hit and miss...... you don't need the market mean or avg or median to back up your price.... you only need 1 real buyer for the right price...... big difference IMHO. GLWS.... great car. Love the seats.

11. addysdady

addysdady Rookie

Jan 22, 2019
    Full Name:
    John L
    A few hours ago, I told my wife that I was going buy a Ferrari. She looked at me, smiled and said "OK!". With her approval, I signed up on F Chat to start my research and look at classifieds. This was the first thread that I read and when I saw $40K, I got excited and thought that my search was over just as quickly as it had begun!

Best of luck with the sale/trade. BTW...My wife loves the car. I have her permission if it trades near $40k.

12. Texas Turbo

Jan 30, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Agree with this. Similar to real estate in that respect.

I probably won't end up putting it on the market. I drove an F12 and I think I'm ready to make a change, as much as I adore this car the F12 is now calling my name. My guess is I will trade it a dealer who wants to move a more expensive car.

13. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    I think you need to check the definition of road legal. In the US it is illegal to drive a car on the roads when the emissions system has been modified. And yes, that means high flow cats are illegal to drive on the road. If you check high flow cats and headers are sold for off road use only. There are 32 States that do some level of emissions testing; most only do it in specific areas. The tests used vary by State & location. Many states only use OBD testing, some will detect alterations to the firmware. A few States do visual inspections and/or require them when you bring a car into the State. Just to add confusion, some States do safety inspections as well so don't confuse those two. Heck, it is technically illegal to put used cats onto a car. In other words, you can't legally install cats you got from a wrecked car and that technically means new from Ferrari. But, most won't know or be able to tell so ….

My initial point was that by having no cats, the car can not be brought to many States and that removes those people from the buyer pool. Less demand = lower prices and it offsets by the amount to repair plus some for inconvenience.

Need4Spd likes this.
  14. cladd2000

cladd2000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 18, 2005
    ?$8600 for cats. Why not just get aftermarket sport cats for half price ? OEM junky?

15. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Read my post immediately before yours. It all depends on smog check rules where you live. Aftermarket cats are not street legal in ANY State so OEM or aftermarket depends on your risk tolerance and your State's laws.

16. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    I would keep the car and your equity and get the cats. But if a 12c is really calling your name, why not look for a 550 or 599? You'll be further along.

17. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    That included cats and manifolds (both Tubi)
    Car has gone between CA and VA, both do exhaust gas analysis smog checks and visual inspection.
    That’s what my techs recommended. I trust them.

18. Texas Turbo

Jan 30, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Unfortunately I have simply run out of space... seriously, this car would have to sleep outside if I kept it and bought an F12. The 360 is just way too nice to treat it that way.

Would love a 550 (almost bought one instead of the 360) but I made the mistake of driving an F12. It is a really special car and now I must have one. Anything less would be a disappointment after tasting the F12.

19. Threesixty365

Threesixty365 Rookie

Nov 21, 2018
    Full Name:
    JASON KITCHEN
    I actually like this color and love the seats, I don't have emissions testing in my state so not worried about exhaust. If I didnt just have to buy my GF a new car I would send you an offer today.

20. rennspeed

rennspeed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 4, 2007
    Full Name:
    Rennspeed
    I have no idea, but since you are asking and for fun, I would say $50K to 60K if you want a quick sale and $70K to $80K if you are patient. The F12 is quite the upgrade and a $20K difference, loss, shouldn't matter all that much when you are looking to get into a $200K+ car.

21. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    :eek: Moral of the story , don't move to California !

tonyc likes this.
  22. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Nice car. I have no idea how to price a Euro car though.

23. Sonoma

Sonoma Rookie

May 7, 2017
    Wine Country
    if you want to keep both, have you considered a lift for around $3k? Both the 360 and F12 are low, so they should fit in many garages stacked...

24. HIO Silver

HIO Silver Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2016
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Alonso C.
    Look into Harding Steel's products for increasing vehicle storage... stackers, below ground, turntables, etc.

25. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    I would have said this time of year $60-70 (blue color).

Explain to me how a buying a pair of used catalytic convertors on ebay for $1500 or so and putting them on the car amounts to $10k?

Euro cars can and have been given BAR stickers. I'm sure they have cats mounted and have been driven prior to warm them up nicely.