DFW - will be in town on January 25 | FerrariChat

DFW will be in town on January 25

Discussion in 'Texas' started by ross, Jan 23, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    to pick up the fisker, meet with some friends, and stay the night to go to the ft worth rodeo the next day.

just checking to see if there are any ferrari things going on friday evening, or saturday evening.

2. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Ferrari things can always be arranged, but you'll be on the wrong side of town! ;)

If you're going to be in FW anyway, I'd recommend Lonesome Dove for dinner. It's in the Stockyards and is good enough that we regularly drive an hour across town to eat there. I can make a meal out of the rabbit/rattlesnake sausage, elk foie gras sliders, and the butter lettuce salad. Don't forget the white truffle mac and cheese. I don't need an entree!

http://lonesomedovefortworth.com/

3. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
  4. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    I'll 2nd Lonesome Dove. The garlic-stuffed tenderloin is about the best steak I've ever had. Seriously.
    Reservations are not quite a "Must" as you can eat at the bar, but I'd recommend making that call.

5. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
  6. Xtreme5053

Xtreme5053 Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 20, 2006
  7. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    thanks guys.

went to lonesome dove and you were not wrong ! excellent meal, excellent service. we tried every one of the things you guys mentioned and then added the elk loin and snapper in papillotte. would love to go again.

we stayed at the fort worth club. very nice.

btw, the next day i went to the fort worth rodeo, and once again, i am so happy to be in texas and proud of my adoptive state - it really seems like the best place in america. loved the whole thing; so authentic, so engaging. rodeo in houston is fun too, but more like a vegas show, whereas this was the real deal for cowboys.

WJHMH and Xtreme5053 like this.
  8. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I DID let you down, should’ve sent you to Leddy’s to see all the custom boots. You were a half block away. You’ll get a bad case of the gotta haves.

Glad you enjoyed your dinner!