458/488 Need Different Sections on Fchat | FerrariChat

458/488 Need Different Sections on Fchat

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Eilig, Jan 23, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Due to the polarized nature of 458 and 488 owners, and the lack of harmonious communication that frequently results in this "mixed" 458/488 section of Fchat, it would be my vote that the moderators create two separate sections for the 458 and 488.

Would anyone second that vote?

2. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    No, but I would second a rule that people not post snide or denigrating comments about the cars they don't even own. I would also second a motion that discussions about other cars vs the 458 or the 458 vs 488 be placed in another forum. That is actually what they do on the M5 boards.

docf, Gh21631, Melvok and 2 others like this.
  3. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    What the hell has this place become?

Aren’t we all just car enthusiasts? You have owners of one model of Ferrari bashing another model. Why? What’s the point?

Are you that tied to your own car that you can’t open your mind to realize there is more than one flavor of ice cream that people can enjoy?

What’s up with the constant turf wars. These are all great vehicles!

Gullwing, Gh21631, Boomhauer and 3 others like this.
  4. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    The OP made a snide comment about the 488 and now thinks separate forums are in order. How would separate forums stop posters like him from making more denigrating comments about a car he doesn't own and doesn't like? It wouldn't. What would work is if people didn't make snide comments about the car they don't own. This kind of post has no place on the forum at all.

IPO1 likes this.
  5. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Anyone can post anywhere at any time. If you are so much in love with your own beloved model and everything else just sucks, best to go to www.mycarrulesyourcarsucks.com. Great discussions going on there.

Boomhauer, PJxxx and wrs like this.
  6. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I don't think we need separate forums for 458 and 488, they share the same platform.
    I don't care some vocal 458 owners keep on telling how their car is the best and the 488 is crap, I think they may get tired before I do - the first controversial comment may deserve an answer, but when it's endlessly repeated (with no consideration for proven facts) it's best left ignored.

Boomhauer, Melvok, Viperjoe and 2 others like this.
  7. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    As long as noone1 does not continue to make authoritative comments about any car that he does not own at all, or on anything he is truly not an expert on, I think this board is okay.

A little rivalry between 458 and 488 camps is okay. Just like college rivalry. It makes you appreciate your car even more!

Ash Patel, Cigarzman and SoCal to az like this.
  8. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    That will never happen. Im just glad I finally put him on ignore so I dont have to read his nonsense.

9. RBarbieri

RBarbieri Karting

Feb 11, 2014
    Bradenton, FL
    Full Name:
    Rich Barbieri
    I'd like to see separate sections to make it easier to see the comments that pertain to the 458 versus 488. I'm not getting into the who said what controversy although I agree that snide remarks about someone else's car are childish.

docf and elt360 like this.
  10. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Regarding finding comments on a specific car, usually the thread title gives some hints...

11. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I don’t see any “polarized nature “ here , just a bunch of us enthusiasts. For me , it’s all part of the charm. I could care less what everyone thinks about 458 / 488. At the end of the day I’m just grateful that I have a Ferrari. Some people take this so seriously and some of us like me make fun of ourselves and have a laugh. Life is short my friends, let’s be grateful for what we have , laugh , love and enjoy. Go hug your loved ones and let’s have some more fun in the 458/488 section. Best , Kirk.

12. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    Yes, in theory it looks good ;).

13. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    The 360/430 section has a prefix for threads. I like that alot. I asked for the same for 348/355 well over a year ago. Still not implemented. I understand it would only apply to new threads. Seems like a simple thing to implement.

rw99 likes this.
  14. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    I think that would be great to have for the 458/488 section as well.

elt360 likes this.
  15. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    What's all of the 58/88 crying about?

At the end of the day both good cars.

Not 720 good, but good :p

imahorse, Gh21631, Boomhauer and 2 others like this.
  16. YellowMurci

YellowMurci Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 17, 2005
    NyC Baby!
    Full Name:
    Harry
    LOL!!! SHOTS FIRED!!!

17. I think FChat should have a section dedicated to owners bashing each other.

#QuarantineTheTrolls

18. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #18 Shadowfax, Jan 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    1. We basically already have that now.

2. Quarantining would clear off guys like Socal, Ipoi (the Texans with the oversized Stetsons the size of a Sombrerro) GH1234, Eilig, Dusty Cincid exoticar noone1 etc in one almighty swoop, which is tempting, but then it may get a bit boring around here so best leave things as they are, plus these guys have an entertainment factor. Those who have difficulty dealing with their emotions can always reach from the ignore button to assist from throwing a tanty when they get called or stressed out. Mind you, re the bravado coming from those who say they put their foes on ignore - how funny - I only wish they would follow through with what they say half the time but they too obviously know they can't handle not knowing what's really going on LOL!!! It's a case of curiosity killing their cat all the while even after they hit the ignore....only stays on ignore for so long lol.

Funny place here on Fchat - leave it as it is.:D

Ash Patel, kandi and Melvok like this.
  19. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    In video games we create a cheaters server and put them all together, cleaning up the experience for the majority.

ScottS likes this.
  20. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #20 ylshih, Jan 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    We're not going to segregate models from essentially the same platform because some users of the base generation can't get along with some users of the refresh generation. If you guys are having problems with or complaints about other users, then you're not using "ignore" or "report" frequently enough. That's a behavioral problem not a platform commonality problem and we'll deal with behavioral problems through moderation of access not reclassification.

Also, be careful about who you classify a troll; kind of presumptious to assume you're not on other users' lists yourself. Problem users often think it's the other users that are at fault. :cool:

r00t61, LVP488, Boomhauer and 2 others like this.
  21. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    I think the tags were added to the 360/430 forum at the very end of the life of the old forum software. They must have gotten dropped with the forum software transition as I'm not seeing them in the drop down menus at thread creation or editing right now. I'll check with Rob whether he ended up not liking them or if it was an oversight. But in the meantime, thoughtful title creation is available to every user regardless of the tags. For example a thread creator could prepend the appropriate label to his title, such as: "458: Help needed with an exhaust problem", or not, if the thread applies to both models, such as "Shields or no shields, that is the question."

22. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    One has to wonder when there are so many people that you dont get along with, maybe its time to look in the mirror.

Time to use the ignore feature in 3.....2.....1

Gh21631, IPO1, Melvok and 1 other person like this.
  23. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    By far the most emotionally troubled, it comes out in every post. Rather than separating 458/488 maybe we create a psychology forum for Fax. Just keep in mind what I have is the best, all others garbage. Oh and let's not forget calling out a world class driver. Par for the course. Haha

24. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Do not discuss other users in a derogatory manner. 30-day thread ban.

Shadowfax and Ash Patel like this.
  25. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    So the 348/355, 360/430 and 458/488 forums have just had tags/prefixes added for each respective model. If they're not used or they have unintended side effects then they may go away again, but we'll try them out for now.

Dave rocks likes this.