Any story about this 458...? | FerrariChat

Any story about this 458...?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ncm6cabrio, Jan 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ncm6cabrio

ncm6cabrio Formula Junior
    Owner

Jul 28, 2011
    Fayetteville, NC
    Full Name:
    Mike M.
    Does anyone know anything about this 2012 458- ZFF67NFAXC0184503? It's a Giallo Tristrato exterior with carbon fiber racing interior with Alcantara inserts. It's a beautiful car but I've seen it for sale for over a year at multiple dealers. This tells me there has to be a story with the car for it to be for sale for so long, even through multiple price drops.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Cheers!
    Mike

2. mtxv14

mtxv14 Karting

Jun 30, 2017
    STL
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I took a hard look at that one and spoke to the dealer about it at length. They say the paint and interior are in 10/10 condition and didn't balk when I said I'd want Newport to do a PPI. For whatever that's worth.

The miles are pretty high, which might be why it's having issues selling. You could always try and figure out which dealer serviced it via carfax records and ask them what the history is.

3. FarhanRoute786

Jan 7, 2019
    California
    Full Name:
    Farhan Fadoo
    I had a deposit on this unit 3 weeks ago. Took the car for PPI and didn't like what I saw. Got my deposit back.

4. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    It would really be beneficial to let people know what you found.....

5. FarhanRoute786

Jan 7, 2019
    California
    Full Name:
    Farhan Fadoo
    Tranny issues based on the PPI report. The dealer thought it was BS but I didn't want to take a chance.

6. FarhanRoute786

Jan 7, 2019
    California
    Full Name:
    Farhan Fadoo
    Don't want anyone else to make decisions based off my experience though. If you are interested in the car, would recommend you do your own independent PPI and make a judgment.

7. v35

v35 Karting

May 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    What shop did you use for independent PPI near that dealership? Interested in a car there and want to know where to take for PPI within a reasonable distance.

8. FarhanRoute786

Jan 7, 2019
    California
    Full Name:
    Farhan Fadoo
    ncm6cabrio and v35 like this.
  9. FerrariFab

FerrariFab Karting

Jan 14, 2010
    Inland Empire
    Full Name:
    CFI Designs
    What tranny issue did you see? not looking to buy just curious. transmissions from 10-15 are all the same...different transmission tuning and sensor issue fixed on the newer models.

10. FarhanRoute786

Jan 7, 2019
    California
    Full Name:
    Farhan Fadoo
  11. ncm6cabrio

Owner

Jul 28, 2011
    Fayetteville, NC
    Full Name:
    Mike M.
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I love the triple yellow and have been considering moving into 458 from my 430. I was surprised to see this car still for sale after a year. I know yellow isn't' for everyone and the miles are too high for many but still- sitting on the market for a year?

I can see a potential tranny issue putting people off- myself included.
    Cheers!

12. FarhanRoute786

Jan 7, 2019
    California
    Full Name:
    Farhan Fadoo
    The PPI notwithstanding, the triple coat color is gorgeous. Spec'd nicely too but miles are high.

Sent from my SM-N960U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

13. TXG23

TXG23 Karting

Sep 14, 2014
    DFW, TX
    Full Name:
    Kell
    What are the miles everyone seems to think are high?

Sent from my Ferrari 458 Italia

14. ncm6cabrio

Owner

Jul 28, 2011
    Fayetteville, NC
    Full Name:
    Mike M.
    It's got 12k or 13k miles. I personally don't mind those kind of miles. I'm the driving type so I'd prefer a car that hasn't been sitting.

15. FarhanRoute786

Jan 7, 2019
    California
    Full Name:
    Farhan Fadoo
    jamiew likes this.
  16. TXG23

TXG23 Karting

Sep 14, 2014
    DFW, TX
    Full Name:
    Kell
    I don’t get that being considered high miles, but that’s just me. Car is now 7 years old, less than 2000 miles per year (less than 40 miles per week). Maybe in areas where you can’t drive year round or have too many other cars or family situations. Everyone has a different view I guess.

Sent from my Ferrari 458 Italia

LVP488 and docf like this.
  17. ncm6cabrio

Owner

Jul 28, 2011
    Fayetteville, NC
    Full Name:
    Mike M.
    I just noticed that this car is listed as sold now.

18. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    DCT issues are not uncommon, thaough this would be the first I’ve heard of a 458 seeping fluid not to say it’s never happened. It would be expensive to correct the issue and there is no way I’ve heard of to add fluid since it’s supposed to be a sealed unit (but I always wonder how they get that fluid in there to begin with) so repairs would be at least as expensive as the speed sensor replacement, assuming your dealer has a mechanic trained to do the repair. So an issue like this could potentially cost the new owner 30k if the dealer has no mechanic and replaced the DCT with a new unit. Food for though and a lesson in why ppi’s are important on these cars.