360Stradale 6-speed manual conversion | Page 36 | FerrariChat

360Stradale 6-speed manual conversion

Discussion in '360/430' started by alberto, Jul 11, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    brazilianferrarist likes this.
  2. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    hessank and one4torque like this.
  3. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    #878 360trev, Jul 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    Its from MD Clutches, look on YouTube. Not sure about costs today I bought it on offer. It is less weight, better quality and harder wearing that stock item and costs less.

Brake booster is simply the CCM variant Vs steel brakes version. I ran for quite a while without bothering to fit it but it does have slightly more assistance

4. duck.co.za

duck.co.za Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2007
    Cape Town South Afri
    Full Name:
    Dave
    CS windscreen ? Is there a difference ? Is there a black outer surround ?

Flywheel looks very interesting .

5. vrossi46

vrossi46 Rookie

Nov 9, 2017
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Breivik
    Awsome thread Trev. Love your car. Perfect 360.

360trev likes this.
  6. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    tifosi101 and INTMD8 like this.
  7. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
  8. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Being fully detailed by DC Valeting in Isle of Man (again, before the plate change!).

With all the recent changes i really am due to do a full road test video and description v soon...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

-K1-, RANDY6005 and G. Pepper like this.
  9. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Well it may have taken 11 years but I just noticed this thread now has 250k reads

Yassa, RANDY6005 and G. Pepper like this.
  10. duck.co.za

duck.co.za Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2007
    Cape Town South Afri
    Full Name:
    Dave
    As it should do , one of my favorite threads .

Freddan, Caphill and 360trev like this.
  11. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    just gorged my self on this tech filled thread... oh thanks for such a build.

360trev and G. Pepper like this.
  12. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Haha it is a loooong thread now.. :) hope you enjoyed it.

13. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Just in... Special thanks to Stefan from Scuding for hooking me up with this kit. This also includes the all important LED relay to prevent hyper flashing from the factory ic/chip thinking a bulb is out due to the significantly lower voltages you get with LED Bulbs Vs Halogen.

Part of my efforts to fully rid my car from Halogens. Also doing front LED's, more pics to follow... Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Your level of committment to your 'vision' is next-level stuff. Most people quit after a chat at the bar or a cat back exhaust.... props for no compromises.

360trev likes this.
  15. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Well I looked at the basics, lightweight aluminum shell, 2 seater mid, high revving normally aspirated engine and I figured this car I would make into my vision of the perfect 360. I was heavily inspired by the CS and taken this ethos and continued from there.

I still cannot believe how different this car now drives. Adding more power and chucking a good 200+ kgs (440lbs) into the bin really does transform the way it responds. I'm sort of half way between a 360 Challenge and a CS with advances from the 360 NGT like carbon front lid, better larger brakes from the 430 Challenge race car as well as center locks with 305 rear section tires and fronts bigger than Modena's stock rears (lol!). It still very much works amazingly on the road as well as track.

Regarding the rear wing, it really does work but it's quite in your face! Love/hate thing. I would really like to take on a project to remanufactured the rear engine lid with an airbrake and ditch the rear wing so where the lid meets the lexan it's hinged with an actuator pushing it into the airstream. I could then make the aero active and dramatically improve high speed braking stability. I can easily develop the software but it's a costly thing to do for a one off in CF... We shall see...

RANDY6005 likes this.
  16. sicopa2000

sicopa2000 Rookie

Apr 12, 2007
    Spain
    I discovered this topic yesterday and read it in one stroke
    Research and incredible work, passion breathes on every page
    Respect!!!

360trev likes this.
  17. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Bas and RANDY6005 like this.
  18. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Finally I managed to track down a rare Michelotto carbon wing.. Only problem is its all the way 'Down Under' so just working out logistics to get it shipped. This will replace the current wing as I've always loved the genuine Michelotto styling, even if its not as high downforce as my current one it just looks amazing. Pics to follow soon...

Bas likes this.
  19. 6t7

6t7 Karting

Aug 19, 2012
    Oz
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Send it to me in Perth. I'll chuck some bubblewrap on it and she'll be right.

20. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Thanks for the offer but I think I've got it sorted now

21. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Incredible. Is this with or without the carbon fibre fuel tanks? are the GT3 carbon doors in or just the door cards?

22. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    I have stripped weight out of so many area's its difficult to post everything done but the car still has;

- Fully operational Air Conditioning, Central locking and Electric glass windows.
    - Heavy 430 Scuderia floor mats in metal (eventually will be replaced with carbon versions) with 16M style Alcantara foot wells.
    - Fuel tanks are original (and one of the few original parts - I actually don't like CF fuel tanks as they need replacing every 10 years and if you buy used 360 or F430 Challenge ones they ofcourse are probably already due for replacement, look at the F40! plus there are so many other areas to save weight and aluminum ones aren't that heavy to begin with your far better saving weight elsewhere).

There is ofcourse no stereo and no sound deadening of any kind. All of it including the roof lining (heavier than you would expect!) where junked many years ago. GT3 doors aren't even fitted yet, just the lightweight 600g door cards.

I still have original CS RTM (resin transfer mold, i.e. lightweight(ish) fiberglass) bumpers and skirts, although I did replace the floor pan with a challenge version many years ago which is a lot lighter and features additional underbody NACA ducts for extra air cooling. I think the next weight saving would be to do the bumpers, skirts and doors all in CF. That would yield even more weight saving, also the intake plenum would be great to remake in CF with the Throttle bodies attached to the sides rather than the front for improved air filling of the cylinders (exactly like what they did on the Enzo), this has been proven to work far better to correct air filling between back cylinders and front ones of the stock configuration.

I have a picture somewhere, let me dig it out which shows exactly what I am talking about...

23. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Here is the picture... Throttle bodies attach at sides on this modified example of a 360 engine/box used in a different chassis. Personally not a fan of the paint, should have used crinkle finish as it's so much better but the side intake are very interesting! Image Unavailable, Please Login

Bas likes this.
  24. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Thanks Trev. Quite a bit more to come then, interestingly. Amazing you got to that weight without the use of the GT3 doors, carbon bumpers/skirts and standard fuel tanks! Will be interesting to see the gains made with a new intake plenum.

25. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas

Will the intakes still be in the same position, just routed to the sides?

A top mount intake like the Mclaren F1/F50 GT/Zonda Cinque's could be interesting also. Though obviously won't look as clean as standard.

https://www.forza-mag.com/issues/114/articles/the-1#.XFQoM1z7T8A