2019 Rolex 24 | Page 14 | FerrariChat

2019 Rolex 24

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by RWatters, Nov 27, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I'm pretty certain they'll run the rest of the Endurance Cup races: Sebring, Watkins Glen and Road Atlanta. I have a feeling you won't see them at any other rounds.

2. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    The penalties to the #29 Montaplast by Land Audi are frustrating to hear. This team is runs so strong, but penalties, mistakes and bad luck have killed them over the last year.

Unfortunately the race was 17 hours in before the first red flag. That is more than enough time for each driver to get their minimum drive time in. It was well known when the rain was coming Sunday morning. Really, It was a miscalculation by Land and they have no one to blame but themselves.

Image Unavailable, Please Login _DSC6400E by Alex Eichmiller, on Flickr

Image Unavailable, Please Login _DSC7040E by Alex Eichmiller, on Flickr

Image Unavailable, Please Login _DSC8362E by Alex Eichmiller, on Flickr

Nuvolari and Flavio_C like this.
  3. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    My last time attending the 24 Hours was before the split, so must have been 1997.

I had no intention of attending during the GrandAm era and while the racing is more relevant now, haven't been
    back since re-unifcation.

And, yes, I understand DIS has gone on a "charm offensive" after several of my colleagues and I spoke out about
    the incredibly bad treatment of fans and credentialed media members alike. They were forced to respond and evidently they did.

My last time at Daytona was for the Ferrari Finale Mondiali event.

Planning on being at Sebring this year however.

BHW

4. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    All-female team:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Bia Figueiredo had a great performance during her time in Indy Lights, it's a pity that lack of sponsorship prematurely ended her single-seat career. Probably one of the top three female racing driver of all times.

5. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    The women's team was showing a lot of promise during the race but something happened to them in the rain. They went from competing to being a lap or two down. That was a bummer to see as I was really rooting for them.

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  6. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Same here. I wish the car got more tv time. I like that livery a lot as it actually has a theme unlike the other cars with random colors and sponsors splattered all over...

7. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
  8. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
  9. Peter Tabmow

Peter Tabmow Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2010
  10. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex

I have plenty of them. Will post a few later today.

11. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    YES!!!!! And I will post mine during the next days.

I will also be at the Sebring race(s) this year. :)

12. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I really want to make it to Sebring. Unless I find $500 on the sidewalk to cover my expenses I don't think I can convince my wife.

Here are a few of the DragonSpeed P2 cars.

Image Unavailable, Please Login _DSC0881-2 by Alex Eichmiller, on Flickr

Image Unavailable, Please Login _DSC6207 by Alex Eichmiller, on Flickr

Image Unavailable, Please Login _DSC8187 by Alex Eichmiller, on Flickr

Image Unavailable, Please Login _DSC7059 by Alex Eichmiller, on Flickr

Image Unavailable, Please Login _DSC6498 by Alex Eichmiller, on Flickr

jgonzalesm6 and Jakuzzi like this.
  13. Peter Tabmow

Peter Tabmow Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2010
    Thank you, Alex, nice work!

Jakuzzi and Devilsolsi like this.
  14. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    NürScud likes this.
  15. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    The back of the new one looks pretty cool, but the car seemed hopelessly off pace compared to the older ones. I suppose that could be down to driver lineup though.

16. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I don't think they have had the new car for very long. Could be they are still learning how to set it up correctly, could also be BoP.

The McLaren's were silly fast down the straights. It was a fascinating race to watch with how differently the cars made their lap times.

17. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    I hope they keep the BoP like this. Each car had a very distinct advantage (top speed for the McLaren, braking for the Mustang, balance for the BMW and Merc, etc.) instead of each car being exactly the same. It'll make for some pretty interesting races if they let it stay that way. The first Michelin Pilot Challenge race was very entertaining.

Devilsolsi likes this.
  18. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I still need to watch the tv coverage this weekend. Amazing how much you miss when you are actually there lol. I am almost through the 24 coverage.

I felt bad for the Rebel Rock guys going out really early in the Camaro. I was interested to see how they stacked up with all the other cars.

19. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Jakuzzi likes this.
  20. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Both are real beauties!!

Jakuzzi and Devilsolsi like this.
  21. chipbiii

chipbiii F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 26, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    chipb
    The Ferrari Finale Mondale at Daytona was the finest event I’ve attended. What an astounding assemblage of the bella machinas.

BMW.SauberF1Team and Jakuzzi like this.
  22. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  23. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Yes, lol. They responded by making parking far more difficult. For fans they eliminated a lot of parking particularly handicapped or so I was told. I've had conversations with people who have had to park at the shopping center and then cross the busy road with no assistance - not a cop in sight for example. Not an easy road to cross when you walk with a cane and a great degree of difficulty.
    For crew and media they moved most of the parking to the back of beyond requiring a lengthy tram ride and long waits at the start and end of what are already very long days. The trams are loaded with poor struggling individuals loaded with bags and boxes and for the media they've basically eliminated your ability to use your vehicle as a gear locker, changing room and respite center. The media center, as you well know, isn't big enough for everyone and there aren't enough lockers to go around nor are they easily accessible. A 300mm telephoto was stolen in the media center this year. As for security I've honestly only had one run-in with a completely unreasonable "order" but I ignored it as I told him I would and it never came up again. The impression from management, however, is that they think they're doing you a huge favor by letting you come and cover their event and that you should be properly grateful and they are arrogant beyond belief in their belief that they are the best at what they do and that they couldn't possibly improve anything.

24. kylec

kylec F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2005
    Orlando
    The owner indicated they recently received the car and had little time to learn its setup.

25. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex