Taken Off Market - Red Gated '01 360 Spider Priced for Quick Sale | FerrariChat

Taken Off Market Red Gated '01 360 Spider Priced for Quick Sale

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by fossilfuel, Jan 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fossilfuel

fossilfuel Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2011
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    #1 fossilfuel, Jan 5, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2019
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Long story short...I LOVE this car! So much so, I have decided to upgrade to its big brother. I have some trade offers that are brutal and I am hoping to beat the brutality at least by a little. I ut several thousand more $$ into her fixing normal 360 stuff.

Just a tad under 45k miles. Clean Carfax (attached)

She drives strong and the gated shifter IS the best (I don't care what anyone says :)

She’s a great and FUN driver but will never be a concourse winner. She's a solid 10 foot car (maybe even a 5 foot car---I get TONS of compliments)….shiny red paintwork. Some nicks and imperfections from 18+ years. Original paint except for front bumper re-spray (per records I got).

2001 360 Spider, Rosso Corse, Beige interior. GATED 6 speed.

• Electric seats (non daytona)
    • Tubi exhaust
    • All original books —stamped from original sale by Shelton in Fort Lauderdale
    • Binder of service records
    • Original Ferrari car cover
    • Original Tools
    • 2 original keys and all 3 fobs (2 black and one red—and original code card)
    • Clutch done 12/28/16 @ 42,000 miles
    • Belts done 4/23/16
    • Roll over valves done
    • lots of records from prior owners
    I just did a bunch of little stuff common to 360’s
    • plugs NGK iridium
    • coil packs Bosch
    • MAF’s Bosch
    • Challenge rear grill
    • Charcoal evap canister
    • Alarm siren
    • Latteral acceleration sensor
    • “Sport” switch
    • Elastics on the top re-sewn
    I have but not installed, Fabspeed 360 Sport headers, ceramic coated. ($3500)

Aftermarket shields (not indented)

Top is ok but not great (rear window scuffed, right front seal in rough, dimples, scuffs, rubs, 2 common wear points in the main section).

Seats are ok—some bolster wear —need some love—but no tears and all electrics work

Dash is pulling at defrost vents but very livable.

Some minor curbing on a couple wheels--- $125 fix

No stickies. No CELS. Everything works.

MY TIME LINE IS VERY FAST SO EMAIL OR PM ME. [email protected]

Located in Austin, Texas

Attached Files:

2. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

I’m in Austin, well my house is there, but on a project in Houston. I’ve been looking at F1’s lately, but this is too close to home to pass up and excellent price point. Are you north or south? I’ll PM you my info shortly. I wasn’t planning to come home for another week or two, but may have my Dad come check it out if you don’t mind. I’ve already got the financing ready with RBFCU. Do you have title in hand?

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

bighitter2 and fossilfuel like this.
  3. fossilfuel

fossilfuel Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2011
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    Thanks for the nice comments guys....i don't want to hurt the gated 360 market---this really is a fire sale due to circumstances, not the car.

I see a day in the not too distant future when gated, normally aspirated cars will go crazy dollar wise....I know some say the gated thing has already peaked, but after driving this one (and some air cooled 993's) over the past few years, there just isn't anything as engaging. The 360's 400 horsepower is plenty fast (at least for the street) and the car gets an insane amount of positive attention.

I have PM'd VAF84 and a couple others. Thanks again.

-mark

carguyjohn350 and espvh like this.
  4. fossilfuel

fossilfuel Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2011
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    Mistahtowsan and absostone like this.
  5. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Have these really come down this much??

6. fossilfuel

fossilfuel Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2011
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    JSinNOLA

No these cars haven't come down this much. See my post #3 above----this is a circumstances quick sale ---circumstance being that I have already committed to another car and am willing to take a big hit in order to move fast----it'll be a win-win.

Thanks

-mark

Jakuzzi and Jdubbya like this.
  7. Dpigulski

Dpigulski Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 14, 2017
  8. fossilfuel

fossilfuel Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2011
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    Hi Dpigulski..... I have not sold it yet. Like an idiot, I posted my "quick sale" ad a day before I had to leave on a 2 week business trip (I was intoxicated by the car deal I am selling this for :)

Anyway, I have had several nice out-reaches from f-chat folks. But with my travels, no deal has been put together yet. So she is still first come-first served.

I have made the commitment on the next car so my 360 sale isn't speculative any longer---SHE has to sell. FWIW, I am buying a 2014 458 Spider....And while I am very excited about it, it is not without some hesitation as I know the 458 won't possibly be 300% more fun than the awesome gated 360---even though I am spending 3x what I am selling the 360 for.

Thanks, -mark (aka fossilfuel)

9. redna2x

redna2x Rookie

Feb 9, 2012
    Tejas
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Please call 469.543.5856 I want to discuss more about the car.

Thanks,

Ji

10. fossilfuel

fossilfuel Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2011
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    Responded. Thanks,

-mark

11. fossilfuel

fossilfuel Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2011
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    DEAR READERS, PLEASE HELP PREVENT A MURDER (mine-- by my wife if I don't get this sold before the 458 gets here!)

A potential buyer had a PPI done today. The tech who did it is former Master Tech at Ferrari Austin.

In addition to the things noted in the original post above, here is what we learned:
    • Right exhaust manifold is cracked. Can be removed and welded (Est. $1500). OR the included Fabspeeds can be installed.

• Minor weeping at cam covers---not even enough to be wet on the under pan (see pics). Recommend no action now-- R+R cam gaskets at next belt service.

• Rear transmission mount is starting to fail (Est. $1250)

• Tires are timed out...tread is great and they still stick well, but they are old.

• Compression is great, leak down is between 2-5%

• Shifter /cables could stand to be adjusted

• Two little plastic side window defroster vents are sticky
    After the PPI I told him what I was asking for the car --- he looked at me funny and said "this is a $90,000 car as-it sits!"

They gent who ordered the PPI offered me $61k. I told him all of the above was more than baked into my very aggressive "quick sale" pricing.

/////////////

I have had a BUNCH of kind f-chat guys post here and PM me that the car is "a steal" and to not move an inch off my price. Because of the new classifieds policy, the comments here have been deleted.

To my knowledge there is not a better gated 360 deal out there right now. There are some great cars for sale, if one wants to spend substantially more money. But here is a stunning 3-pedal car you can get into today and enjoy at a significantly lower cost-of-admission.

I have tried to be fair and transparent --- I priced it to move and It needs to happen before I get kicked out of the house. Ferrari's are great, but not to sleep in!

Thanks,

-mark (aka fossilfuel)

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. Charlie Hawkins

Feb 1, 2019
    Laguna Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Charlie Hawkins
  13. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir

“Check Engine Lights”

fossilfuel likes this.
  14. usshelena725

usshelena725 Karting

Nov 22, 2014
    Johnson City, TN
    Sent you an email about the car - I am assuming this is still for sale?

JG333SP likes this.
  15. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    This one must be gone. Always interesting when any of these come up so quick-the race is on to do a good PPI.

If this one was a coupe I may have had to fly down there with the compression gauge myself

fossilfuel likes this.
  16. fossilfuel

fossilfuel Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2011
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    Hi Guys,

Car is still available. I have just been crazy busy with work to respond as quickly as normal. I have responded to usshelena725.

Lot of interest, (and positive feedback from f-chatter's). A couple of insulting offers---I guess that is to be expected in this day and age :-(

Just waiting for the right guy (or gal) to pull the trigger.

I have had the 458 for about 2 weeks now. And I have to say, even if it is blaspheme to some, the gated 360 has a certain magic the 458 just can't match. If I could figure out a way to keep both, I would.

Thanks,

-mark

JG333SP likes this.
  17. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    Looks like a sharp car and I fully agree re the stick. This one will be moving shortly-GLWS

fossilfuel likes this.
  18. jwt73

jwt73 Karting

Oct 17, 2013
    Tifton, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Tronolone
    Heck of nice looking car and a phenomenal deal. I would NOT budge from your price as it is way more than fair. Unfortunately I already own a gated 360 spider.
    Best of luck with the sale.
    Jonathan

fossilfuel likes this.
  19. Steven Webber

Steven Webber Rookie

Jan 8, 2019
    Kelowna, BC, Canada
    Full Name:
    Steven Webber
    I would love to get into this car. The issue is I am 6'4 235 so don't know if I would fit.

Got a crazy next month, if it is meant to be and it is still available once I can free up some time I'll make the trip down. Hopefully the Canadian dollar gets some uplift in that time too.

Really nice car.
    Steven

fossilfuel likes this.