Ferrari Challenge at Circuit of the America's March 2019 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Challenge at Circuit of the America's March 2019

Discussion in 'Texas' started by SAFE4NOW, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Which day would you prefer to leave?

Poll closed Feb 20, 2019.
  1. Friday Mid Day 11-1p ish

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Saturday EARLY like 7am-ish

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    #1 SAFE4NOW, Feb 7, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    Who: Ferrari Chat Members ( FCA Members Too! )
    What: Group Event for Ferrari Challenge at COTA
    When: Friday / Saturday / Sunday March 8th-10th 2019
    Where: Circuit of the America's

Etc: Long weekend at Circuit of the Americas , Ferrari Chat / Ferrari Club of America members hanging out , having fun, and trying our best to make Shawn smile!

Drive down to Austin Friday , after traffic dies down, arriving in Austin before traffic builds, everyone heading to their hotel. Freshen up, then we can take an un-official drive for BBQ dinner.

Saturday morning, sleep in as long as you want to, as long as you make it to Circuit of the Americas in time for parade laps as a FCA / FC group! Then spend the day walking around the track , watching the races, eating good food either in Ferrari VIP or the special FCA tent set aside for FCA / FC members!

Saturday night if you purchase the VIP access ticket you are invited to the Ferrari Challenge cocktail event at a location to be disclosed closer to the date!

Sunday morning, sleep in again , head out to the track for another day of Ferrari Challenge racing , good food, and more!

We will be taking the "back way" to Austin https://goo.gl/maps/Fk677nAuHnK2
    ( don't worry, it will not take as long as the map says it will )

Ticket Options are found here: https://fnaevents.ferrari.com/event/COTAChallenge2019#register
    ( Race Day for $600 is the option I would suggest , as it includes Saturday and Sunday FULL access )

$100.00 FCA / Ferrari Club Tickets:
    https://fnaevents.ferrari.com/ferrari-events/passcode
    Passcode: FCACOTA2019
    ( This is for Saturday & Sunday only )

## Ticket DETAILS for ticketing options outlined in Post #7 below ##

Hotel Suggestions / Options East of Austin , outside of the SXSW event going on this same weekend:

Hyatt Lost Pines ( Best option IMO )
    https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/texas/hyatt-regency-lost-pines-resort-and-spa/auslp

Plantation House ( Nice boutique hotel ) :
    https://www.plantationhouse.us/

or The Courtyard ( Budget option )
    https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/auspf-courtyard-austin-pflugerville-and-pflugerville-conference-center/?scid=bb1a189a-fec3-4d19-a255-54ba596febe2

Obviously you can stay wherever you want !!

Steve

Chewys5, VAF84 and Texas Forever like this.
  2. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    hi steve.
    i could be interested in this, but coming from houston...

Chewys5 and SAFE4NOW like this.
  3. Fort Worth 360

Fort Worth 360 Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2008
    Fort worth Texas
    SAFE4NOW likes this.
  4. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Potential interest here, just depends on work. please keep me in the loop.

I'll be coming from Houston, so maybe I'll pick up the car on my next visit home to Austin so I can drive it back to the event with a group leaving the Houston area. I've got a buddy with a 458 in Houston, I'll mention it to him too.

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  5. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know

Excellent, I nominate you to be the drive leader from Houston area ( LoL )

More info to follow !!

S

6. bupilot

bupilot Karting

May 3, 2016
    China Spring, TX
    Full Name:
    J Anderson
    Interested, maybe joining the pack in Evant. Would be coming from outside of Waco.

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  7. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    #7 SAFE4NOW, Feb 8, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    Ferrari North America just put this out there -

Passione Ferrari

Experience Ferrari Challenge from an all new perspective with Passione Ferrari. Begin your weekend with a rally from your local Ferrari dealer, joining other Ferrari enthusiasts on an exciting route or meet directly at the circuit at your leisure. Upon arrival, you will be directed to the private Passione Ferrari section of the Ferrari Corral conveniently located in the Ferrari Challenge Paddock. From here you will be guided to the exclusive VIP Passione Ferrari hospitality suite where you will experience exciting views of the pit lane and front straight while enjoying a premium dining experience.

Throughout the weekend you will have the opportunity to register for a number of unique experiences*:

- Guided grid walks just before the green flag
    - Exclusive talks from Ferrari Challenge drivers and crew
    - Photo safaris which will provide photography enthusiasts with up close access on the track usually reserved for media (Subject to availability)
    - Parade lap of the circuit (reserved for Passione Ferrari rally participants)
    - Lap the circuit with your Ferrari in a structured lead/follow environment**

In addition, you will receive an invitation to the exclusive Ferrari Challenge reception where you will be able to mingle with the drivers and other Ferraristi.

Space is limited so please sign up today: https://fnaevents.ferrari.com/event/COTAChallenge2019#info

Pricing for this exclusive experience is $600 per person.

‘* Experiences are subject to change and availability is limited to a first come, first serve basis. Registration for events will take place within the Passione Ferrari hospitality upon arrival.

‘** Owner lapping is reserved for Ferraris 360 and newer. All vehicles must be inspected by an authorized Ferrari dealer prior to participation.

Passione Ferrari Rally

Experience the excitement of a Ferrari Challenge weekend with the Ferrari Club of America! Begin your weekend with a rally from your local Ferrari dealer, joining other Ferrari Club members on an exciting route to the circuit. Upon arrival, you will be directed to the Ferrari Corral conveniently located in the Ferrari Challenge Paddock. From here you will be free to experience the world of Ferrari Challenge up close with full access to the paddock area and also be invited to participate in the official Passione Ferrari parade lap around the track. Lunch will be provided on Saturday and Sunday in the official Ferrari Challenge catering area where you will be treated to an array of authentic Italian cuisine and coffee.

Pricing for this exclusive experience is $100 per person.

Space is limited so please sign up today:
    https://fnaevents.ferrari.com/ferrari-events/passcode
    Passcode: FCACOTA2019

8. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    I added a poll to help with planning what day to leave - you may vote on one day or both if it doesn't matter to you!

The drive would be leaving from Boardwalk Ferrari Plano Texas , though ANY FCA Member or Ferrari Chat member may join up along the way.
    AND/OR
    Meet the group in Austin

Whatever works best for you!

S

9. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    #9 SAFE4NOW, Feb 8, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  10. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    Why is lapping only allowed for 430 and newer cars?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

11. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know

I will ask / confirm ASAP!

I am happy to have ANY Ferrari be a part of the drive and other festivities !

S

12. cycloneGTS

cycloneGTS Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Mike B.
    I was wondering the same thing. I swear my car doesn't have any leaks ;)

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  13. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    Steve, is this gong to be just a 1day event, or for both Saturday and Sunday. And what's the deal with the "430 and newer" limitation on lapping?

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  14. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Weekend event ( Saturday and Sunday )

F430 is for lead and follow lapping session , the parade lap appears to be open to all Ferrari's

I have asked for clarification and will reply ASAP.

Please do not let that be the determining factor for coming down with everyone! The Drive down will be more exciting I'm sure!

The Saturday night event will be a lot of fun as well as the un-official dinner Friday night.

More details to follow...

S

15. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    #15 SAFE4NOW, Feb 9, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    If we drive down Friday , we will get there in time to check in to our hotels. Then I would assume / suggest we take a short drive down to Lockhart Tx for BBQ Friday night. Then make it to the track Saturday morning, get into the Ferrari corral , participate in the Parade laps, and enjoy the full day!

When you go to: https://fnaevents.ferrari.com/event/COTAChallenge2019#info you have the option of purchasing Friday , Saturday, or Sunday only passes.
    My suggestion is to buy the Race Days Pass ( Saturday & Sunday ) unless you are going to drive back Saturday evening... then just get the Saturday pass.
    There is a Saturday night Ferrari Challenge reception to be considered , that is included when you purchase any of the VIP passes listed above. **

I have been asked to confirm if the $100.00 pass gets you into the VIP Area for meals or if it is a stand alone area for $100.00 pass holders for meals.

** NOT included with the $100.00 pass

FWIW , already up to 7 Ferrari's for Friday drive down from Dallas!

Jim, Rob, Greg think the 3x8's can make it to Austin?????

S

16. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Leaks only make it more interesting for those behind you!!!!

FWIW, it MAY be a liability thing... what IF a Dino is allowed on track and accidentally drops oil on track, then the challenge races are delayed , and the added expense for clean up that COTA charges... MAYBE that has something to do with it... Dunno..

S

17. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    hmm, that is the start of Mia's Spring Break, we're still trying to figure out what we're doing that week. I would 100% be in if this was for a pro race weekend.

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  18. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know

I have been told as of this morning , that they adjusted to include 360's as well !

S

19. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know

So, now that they are allowing 360's that means you have signed up, yes???? !!!!

S

20. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    the 328 ran quick at Homestead, faster than some of those quarter million dollar Ferraris, but I did boil the brakes about had a parking lot incident when pedal went to the floor. :D

Texas Forever and SAFE4NOW like this.
  21. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Pre-Lim schedule for Challenge Weekend!

Attached Files:

22. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R
    I am 90% in!! Anything Steve does is amazing !!

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  23. Fort Worth 360

Fort Worth 360 Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2008
    Fort worth Texas
    SAFE4NOW and Chewys5 like this.
  24. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R
  25. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know

Still un-official, though I can confirm that I will be leading a drive starting at Boardwalk Ferrari on Friday.

Official list and Details to follow

And you are more than welcome to tag along, I will share the route , if you want to jump on when we come though Ft Worth!

S

Chewys5 likes this.