6 Into 1 Headers - Options for 599 GTB | Page 2 | FerrariChat

6 Into 1 Headers - Options for 599 GTB

Discussion in '612/599' started by Jkay, Mar 5, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FIN612

FIN612 Karting

May 10, 2017
    Finland
    MY08 612 HGTC with ********** headers :

2. Soto Veloce

Soto Veloce Karting

Aug 7, 2005
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Chris Heller
    That’s pretty amazing, though (at least through computer speakers) VERY loud!!

I already wish that my 07 612 HGTC had a “silent mode” so I could sneak away in the early morning without waking my wife and half the neighbors.

What I would really like would be an exhaust that mimics the high pitched harmonic sound cars like the F355, Lexus LFA, and (at least from recorded sound) the F12/812 without being ridiculously loud.

Does anyone know of anything that fits that description? And yes...I know I own a Ferrari V12 and want it to sound like a Toyota, so no need to point that out

3. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Gotta bump this !

That GTO sounded like an F1 car ! Best sound of all cars there including the Ferrari supercars.

I'm assuming that GTO had straight pipes with no cats or mufflers.
    I've got a big old grin just hearing that thing lite up :D

4. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David

IMO you need a dual valved rear muffler exhaust like many of the manufacturers offer.

Valve closed = through the rear muffler.
    Valve open = straight pipes (other than whats up stream including cats).

I've never heard an exhaust that has the high pitch scream without the high pitch revs (sound).
    Perhaps speakers in the wheel wells ;)

5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Fabio's exhaust system can include valved mufflers, which are relatively quiet until open.

FIN612 received a prototype system from Fabio before he had good scans of the 612 engine compartment and chassis, so a little extra work was required to install. Fabio is now working on a production system that will be straight forward (for exhaust work) to install.

Makuono and Dave rocks like this.
  6. FIN612

FIN612 Karting

May 10, 2017
    Finland
    #31 FIN612, Feb 9, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    They were standard 575 headers. Needed some 40h more labor than straight bolt on installation.
    Anyway there was a happy end and fitting is perfect.

7. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    FIN- Good to hear. Did not realize they were 575M headers. Both are Type F133 engines, but obviously some differences since the 612 engine was pushed way back in the 2950 mm aluminum chassis.

8. FIN612

FIN612 Karting

May 10, 2017
    Finland
    #33 FIN612, Feb 10, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    Of course we knew that they are designed for 575. We ordered them even before Fabio started to manufacture the set. We also knew that there can be small things to modify to get fitted to 612...but, but there were more than small issues - specially with different position of steering shaft on the left side and postion of starter and it's heat shield on the right side. There was also not enough space to install the big catalysts connected to the 6-1 collector. The guys needed to cut and reroute a few jigs of the headers, make special downpipes + extra heat shields from inconel plates as well as use different catalysts at different location. Also ECUs needed remapping. You can see the steering shaft issue before and after in the pictures below.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

George Vosburgh likes this.
  9. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    FIN- Looks like your guys did a nice job on the mods. Who did the ECU flashes?

10. FIN612

FIN612 Karting

May 10, 2017
    Finland
    Again a local suorce :) The initial need was shut down CELs because of dowstream lambdas. At the same time it was good to increase rev limiter and finetune fueling and timing. After that we checked emission ( great results ) , AFR and timing in dyno.

11. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    how did they fit any mods or were they straight bolt ons... any engine light problems etc.

12. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Straight bolt on. No engine lights.

I had a slow down light shortly after installing a few times but it turned out to be wiring for one of the sensors that was damaged...there was a thread saying its common due to the location of the harness. Replacing it fixed it...zero issues since.

LARRYH likes this.
  13. austinhuffzz

austinhuffzz Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2018
    Full Name:
    Austin huffman
    just saw this:

bryanchin likes this.
  14. FIN612

FIN612 Karting

May 10, 2017
    Finland
    Looks like you are founder of Valvetronic Designs. Manufactuerer of those parts.

15. austinhuffzz

austinhuffzz Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2018
    Full Name:
    Austin huffman
    Yes! Let me know what you think!

16. zboost300

zboost300 Karting

Jan 27, 2019
    You make the valvetronic manifolds?

FIN612 likes this.