F355 Opening Handle for Engine Hood | FerrariChat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F1ScuderiaTifosi

Mar 16, 2015
    Hill Country TEXAS
    Full Name:
    JB
    Good evening all,

I just purchased a replacement Hand Brake Console because a portion of the leather stitching was already torn and frayed when I purchased my F355 last summer.

I've already removed the console's mounting screws but I want to know if I have to completely un-secure (at the Engine Bonnet Lock) and remove the Cable for Engine Hood Opening just to remove the Opening Handle for the Engine Hood so I can swap Hand Brake Consoles? The Opening Handle won't fit through it's mounting seat.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you ahead of time. Have a good one.

JB

2. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    The bonnet release lever will fit thru the leather trim but it's not easy. Best to remove the cable from the release in the engine bay. I also cut a slot in the release lever housing to make it easier.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

ernie, phrogs and Qavion like this.
  3. F1ScuderiaTifosi

Mar 16, 2015
    Hill Country TEXAS
    Full Name:
    JB
    Hey Dave how've you been? I hope all is well. I like the slot solution, thanks!

I bought new door sills and some center console parts from you back in July.

4. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Doing well, Jo. :)

Nice to see you post ;)