Am I crazy for thinking I want a Aventador SVJ rather than a Pista? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Am I crazy for thinking I want a Aventador SVJ rather than a Pista?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Thecadster, Jan 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Loxo, Thecadster, stavura and 2 others like this.
  2. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Indeed.

I may wrap my stripes for my enjoyment but wanted to order with as it’s a hallmark of the car for some future owner. Like a CS. Just not as elegant!

Thecadster likes this.
  3. howydo

howydo Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2009
    Great color ! You’ll love the car. The build quality, paint work, sound, rigidity of the hybrid chasis, brakes and gearbox are really really good ....

Thecadster likes this.
  4. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I've had mine for 5 months and enjoy it.

howydo likes this.
  5. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Could not have said this better myself...
    Yes our passion for different cars is purely subjective on what stimulates one’s emotions.
    I find it so intriguing that the new generation of “speed, smoothness, and comfort” are trumping the “slower” cars of yesterday - those with incredibly symphonic sound, bumps and gear shifts, and even the smell of gas....that drama in these “slower” cars is the pinnacle of the driving experience for me.

Sent from my 16M

6. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I have a 75' Bronco that meets your requirements. :) Kidding aside, there is a place for the new and smooth as well as the past generations. It is OK to enjoy them all. No need to choose one or the other.

7. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Funny I actually was considering a Bronco as a possible daily - rough rider. But thinking a Defender may be easier to drive.... cars have character

Sent from my 16M

8. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East

Unless it is a short drive then I wouldn't do it.

9. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    It's worth considering that old cars as daily drivers are also subject to old safety standards. I wouldn't be caught dead daily driving old cars.

10. jrodrig688

jrodrig688 Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2012
    FL
    Full Name:
    Jose Rodriguez
    Svj is insane. That would be my choice no question

11. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
  12. Kregu

Kregu Karting

Nov 6, 2016
    Europe
    Thanks;)

13. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
  14. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Loxo, Bhh, Thecadster and 3 others like this.
  15. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Fantastic AV

16. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Thecadster, Coincid and Kregu like this.
  17. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I took it out yesterday and just loved the experience again. Every time I think of selling it, I just keep driving.

Funny thing for me is...Perf is no Ferrari. There’s a specialness that’s missing. But then there’s soo much to love with the over the top body, crazy hot sounds.

18. zakeen

zakeen Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2004
    Czech Republic
    Get the SVJ!

Nothing comes close to it in complete road stance and outright driving performance. The Ring.... Say no more. I know some people argue that in other tests the SV never runs even close to the competitors, but they have not even driven one. These AV varients are animals to drive, they are not so dialed like the Ferraris counterparts are. You have to be on the ball in these SV/SVJ's every second to control it because when you make a mistake or misjudge something where the Ferrari God-Angles can come out and fix your slide angle to keep you on the tarmac is not the case with these Lambo's. Lamborghini did come with this black magic or fairy dust to keep the cars so easily on the road. There are no God-Angles on opinion list when you spec your SVJ. There are only Bulls from Hell and that's the feeling you have when you drive it on its limit..... What am I kidding? I can't drive it on its limit like the Ferrari would make you feel like. I can't drift the Lambo as I can do in the Ferrari. I don't shake when I get out of Fcar like the Lambo does to me. They are Chalk and Cheese.... If you could be on top of it, you would break the Ring record. I can not imagine the sensation of Marco Mapelli when he broke the record. For almost 7mins of complete utter ****ting myself...... Yes the Pista is a very special car, but there are a lot of special cars nowadays that are so close to it and almost the same sensation. However, nothing is like the SV/SVJs on the road today.

Written by a huge Ferrari Fan.....

Thecadster and Coincid like this.
  19. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hence all the classy lady/stripper analogies... ;)

Thecadster likes this.
  20. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    Sorry to take the thread further off topic. Do you guys have any issues fitting into the performante? I sat in one recently and found it pretty tight. I’m 6 ft tall.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

21. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Single biggest issue is comfort...I am 6'1" and cannot get comfortable. Seat does not go back far enough, legs are jammed up, head hits the conv top. When top down (99% of my driving) the latter not an issue. But both seats are terrible. If they had aftermarket I'd think about it.

22. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    Yeah my legs were pretty jammed up.

23. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    This has been a heavily discussed issue. My son in law is 6'4", 240 lbs and has no issue as did Jeremy Clarkson at 6'3" nor did Doug Demarko at 6'3". The seat can be adjusted by the dealer to provide another 2" of leg room

24. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Gorgeous AV. Pure work of automotive art.