488 - Price for Tailor made? | FerrariChat

488 Price for Tailor made?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by gowthamn, Feb 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    What would be the price for having a customized car? I know it depends on what options are chosen, but what is the usual range? Can any new car buyer opt for a Tailor made car or is it based on invitation?

2. MuratC

MuratC Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Istanbul, Turkey
    I've heard + 100K on top of the standart price.

3. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    The factory doesn't set any minimum spend for Tailor Made. My dealer tells me that the typical spend is 60-100k euros. Your dealer will have a limited number of TM appointments available, so he may care more about the level of your TM spend. Also, the atelier now offers a wider range of options, and so if possible, they will steer you to the atelier rather than TM. Many TM paints and interior materials in the past are now available from the atelier if you ask. I started off with a TM spec for my Pista spider, now it will all go through the atelier.

gowthamn likes this.
  4. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    well starting from this year to go TM they invite you to spend +100k euro over the list price excl VAT. otherwise they prefer you to opt for Atelier
    they reduced the number of appointment available for each dealer
    also now some options before available only at Atelier can be configured directly at dealer....i.e. dreamline on shift paddles or A/R/L buttons in different colors or tricolore

Jelial likes this.
  5. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    TM is much more extravagant than Atelier?

6. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    Sure....but you must have an idea of what you want otherwise you get lost :)

7. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    #7 Lukeylikey, Feb 12, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    I just got my Pista Spider TM price. In one way it was not as expensive as I had feared but some of the detail items are pretty eye-watering, such as dream lines on the lower carbon items at £5,500 (and that doesn’t include the carbon!) The total is eerily similar to my TM 812 with something like £112k additional. I would say that is a middle-pitch TM build but includes about £40k exterior painting, about £20k on the interior, all the carbon and important spec items like lift, afs, cameras etc. I also went for the upgraded stereo which is £5,500 where it was about £3,500 in the Lusso. I won’t sell the car and it will remain in my garage alongside my Speciale. But it was £135k more expensive than my beautifully painted but much lower spec’d Speciale coupe, which was an Atelier car.

When I say ‘middle-pitch’, I suppose there is not much extra I could easily have done but realistically the spend range is probably not that wide. You can go there and omit a number of things to try and get to a price, but then what is the point? If I had chosen a standard colour, no dream lines and no stereo I would have saved £30k to build a car that doesn’t look TM with a rubbish sound system that still carried an option price of over £80k.

In the end, TM is an extravagant but amazing experience and you get a very unique one-off car, bespoke to you. It is fun to do it, and (I hope) fun to own it. If you go with the flow a bit it is a great thing that Ferrari do, just a buying experience where you have to adjust your normal mentality.

xBox, spyderman, BaronM69 and 4 others like this.
  8. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    My biggest car related regret is that I was not able to spec a Tailor Made Speciale :(. Unfortunately a long gone opportunity.

Can someone share what would be a Tailor Made option versus an Atelier option?

My understanding is that Atelier are extended options beyond the standard options list, while Tailor Made is literally 100% custom?

9. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Yes. Tailor Made allows for two big items to be custom made that Atelier does not. A custom paint color is one (or in my case no paint at all) and a custom shape to a stripe. I went Atelier with my Pista Spider and honestly hate the factory designed shape of the Spider stripe. Atelier could not change the shape, only Tailor Made can do that.

10. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Powderhound likes this.
  11. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    There is an owner in Europe (I know who but can't say) who made a 458 Aperta in bare aluminum. It was my dealer that saw the car in the vehicle assembly building in Maranello in 2015 that gave me the idea. So far there will soon be a 488 Spider in bare aluminum but none others that I am aware of - although several have tried and been turned down.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  12. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Also the interior finishes available to TM are extensive, whereas Atelier won’t do that. They will also try to innovate for you - they can’t always do it but they will try and come up with something that mirrors your request. It gives a truly bespoke car in everything except the metal and glass parts.

13. Jelial

Jelial Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2017
    #13 Jelial, Feb 13, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    Hello ppg70 sorry to bother you about it, but do you have an idea of price for the dreamline on the shift paddles and the tricolore on A/R/L buttons? I'm waiting the answer from my dealership since I chose those special option for my Pista....maybe you also know the tricolore on the steering wheel and in the center of the seat?

Thanks again!!

14. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    Hi Jelial,

sure with pleasure!

F1 paddles dreamline - 1.800 eur + vat
    A/R/L buttons - 1.500 eur + vat

you can choose between matt or shine finishing

I guess tricolore on steering wheel will be in that range and in the center of the seat something less
    prices in EU

Hope to see your car soon!!

Bests

Jelial likes this.
  15. Jelial

Jelial Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2017
    #15 Jelial, Feb 13, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    Thanks a lot for the info! I hope to see the car soon as well, but I'm one of the last, we are talking about 2020 but I don't care! they told me that I will get it.

PS: any idea about rosso fuoco price? I'm scared about it ahahahahah I know you went for rosso F1 2007 right? that one is even more expencive...thanks again for all the infos

16. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    at the end I went for another triple layer red but as far as I remember Rosso Fuoco is 16.000 eur+vat

Jelial likes this.
  17. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    What’s about only change the colour of the stripes ? ( out from the ordinary colours available) ?

Jelial likes this.
  18. Jelial

Jelial Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2017
    Officialy I don't know yet because I changed colors in mine as well, I'm going tdf blue and bianco italia on mine....from another post somebody told me that is about 2k extra....I wait who knows more about it

19. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    Thanks! Do u think changing stripes colours is something available also from Atelier?

Jelial likes this.
  20. Jelial

Jelial Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2017
    I didn't went Atelier, I did directly at my dealership like ppg70 said some Atelier option are available in your deler....like the tricolor on the A/R/L buttons or dream lines on the paddles.

leopoldo likes this.
  21. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    1.000-2.000 extra and at TM and Atelier you can choose different geometry if you don’t like the standard one. On the Spider you can use the livery of coupe as well

If you want a bespoke livery only at TM and cost is totally different :)

leopoldo likes this.
  22. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
  23. Jelial

Jelial Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2017
    I like your combination a lot....any chance to know the color of the red and white or is a secret? :p
    Any idea when you will get the car so we can see this beauty for real?

PS I think I did put too much things on mine I'm gonna go bankrupt!!

24. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I was just at TM on Tuesday, what an amazing experience - will post pics, video, and review when I get home this weekend. We had 5 people working on our design at the same time (3 Ferrari and 1 my dealership), plus me and my wife. I could not believe how different it came out then I expected going in but I/we are very happy. It was an epic first time experience and I am not sure how you go back to normal configurations at the dealership. Even the Atelier rooms were very impressive and mind blowing. When you see the walls and walls of colours and options in TM it changes the entire game. For example the exterior colour I chose I saw for the first time at TM only (never new it existed) and they have only done it on 2 V8 cars both were for presentations at shows. I really didn't ask cost but 2 times I was trying to add something and everyone kind of looked at me and said not worth it here so they are not necessarily stopping you but they are focussing on achieving a special car that works. My dealer explained to me that from a pricing perspective we are adding another 10%-20% of cost on the car from TM selections without coloured carbon. If I had gone TM with coloured carbon I think we are looking at 20%-30% but again its really all over the map. I will know more soon enough.

@gowthamn if you can get a TM date take it and go! My dealership is having a super hard time even getting one more for 2019, everyone that wants TM now is either having to use the "remote" NY option as its under construction or do Atelier. All the best!

25. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    So there is a "TM Factory Sound System", above the optional sound system?