488 Spider pricing for front & rear camera option | FerrariChat

488 Spider pricing for front & rear camera option

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by TR007, Feb 11, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TR007

TR007 Karting

Jun 5, 2018
    The Woodlands, Texas
    Full Name:
    Trevor Roberts
    I am finally about to take delivery of my new 2019 488 spider in about a week! In reviewing the invoice received by my dealer from Ferrari North America, I noticed that they had included the full price of $6,075 for the “front and rear cameras” (PAC3). I recognize that many buyers would likely not get the front camera; however, given that rear cameras became standard required equipment in the US as of mid-2018 I do not feel that I should have to pay separately for the rear camera in the option price as it is now part of the base price. The base price increased $10,727 from mid 2018 when I ordered the car so clearly this new requirement was covered in the base price adjustment. Interestingly they no longer offer the rear camera as an option. I expect that Ferrari North America may not have adjusted their pricing for this option following the change in the requirement to include it as standard equipment. My dealer is checking with Ferrari North America as I am the first person to raise this. ….. Curious as to whether others have noticed this error in pricing by Ferrari North America since rear cameras became standard equipment.

2. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

2018 MY ordered in October 2018, delivered in April 2018 - rear camera standard, front camera option price $6,074 (I did not get it). My car's MSRP was very close to what was established when the order was placed. During a media briefing about one year ago, Ferrari noted that currency fluxuations (Euro losing strength vs. Dollar most notably), would no longer be absorbed by Ferrari, hence, prices would be subject to change in order for Ferrari to retain margins. Could this be the issue in your case?

3. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Correction: ordered in October 2017.

4. TR007

TR007 Karting

Jun 5, 2018
    The Woodlands, Texas
    Full Name:
    Trevor Roberts
    Thanks for the response. The new regulations that require that the rear camera be included as "standard" equipment was effective for cars manufactured after May 2018. They are to be included as standard equipment by U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration as of that date. I find it interesting that Ferrari NA is still charging for the rear camera as part of the front and rear camera package ...... seems to me that they are double dipping, once through the increased base price and then again with the full package camera price which has been in affect since mid 2017.