Alfa Romeo 4c who has one? | Page 25 | FerrariChat

Alfa Romeo 4c who has one?

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by ferrari#7, Jul 25, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.
    My brother rented one in Miami via turo for a week....he couldn't believe the amount of attention he received in the land of exotics.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    Can someone post recent auction numbers on 2015-16 4Cs? I'm mildly interested in picking one up.

I saw a local Alfa dealer heavily discounting a new left over 2018 Spider (>$12k off MSRP)

3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #604 TheMayor, Feb 12, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    From what I can see here that is a launch edition. Dark grey wheels, air scoops in front fenders, CF rear view mirrors. The seats and steering wheel are alcantara with red stitching and the rear wing is CF. It should have a number plate on the center console and an Italian flag on the dash in front of the passenger seat.

What's the number? Mine is 400. Only 500 LE's came to the USA. They were the most "option loaded up" versions of the 4c ever made.

Only came in 3 colors: Alfa Red, Metallic Red, and Pearl White. Most were Alfa Red.

4. swong46

swong46 Karting

Jun 24, 2015
    Bay Area, CA
    Sure is, 299.

5. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    LE's rule! :)

I have about 9K on mine now. Lots of fun but not particularly practical!

6. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    I have to agree with you on this. I love my 4C. It’s fantastic as a daily driver and tossing around the back country. Only problem is the luggage space is so small that my wife and I can’t take it for a long weekend trip. This is the only issue that I have with the car. Otherwise I am really enjoying mine. 5000 miles so far.

Swing 46. Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the club.

7. swong46

swong46 Karting

Jun 24, 2015
    Bay Area, CA
    Thanks! I only had the time to drive it some hours home, now it is resting in my garage. The hvac systems irks me, the audio quality - what audio quality? I want to punch out the headunit and rear/side visibility is poor but I think I will get used to that. Aside from those things, this car is superb!

8. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    OMG the LE's came with a stupid Parrot radio, probably the worst piece of junk imaginable. Ironically it was really an expensive piece at the time but it's pure junk. But I still have mine. Call me a sentimentalist. :) It does crash occasionally and it has the worst human interface ever created on a radio. I just stream Bluetooth on it and never use it for anything else. Forget the apps. Worthless.

The HVAC is Ok. Its old school. I get hot, I turn the knob, I get cold, I turn the knob. Simple but effective.

Here is the trick to seeing behind you. Everyone looks only at the back glass. Look through the wire vents on both sides of the glass. You can see behind you really well. Honestly, it's better than the Corvette C7 and about and not much different than the Ferrari 458 when it comes to rear view visibility.

Like all Alfa's it has it's quirks. Some like the quirks, some hate the quirks. Alfa sports cars have always been an acquired taste.

9. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    That is one nice change Alfa made with the cars after the LE's. Mine actually has a pretty decent audio unit.

galt likes this.
  10. Michael Call

Michael Call Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 6, 2008
    S.L.C. Utah
    Full Name:
    Michael D. Call
    The dim "it's not fast" stance is founded in ignorance. Most people who "bench race" cars wouldn't know how to get out of their own way with 1,000 HP... A simple stage 1 tune really wakes up a 4C. Here is an interesting demonstration of a 4C drag racing a few cars that on paper claim to be faster:

Enjoy your 4C. They are delightful cars.

kandi, bcorner, Makuono and 2 others like this.
  11. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    My wife wants a Stelvio. Maybe I should sell my E-Type and get a Stelvio for her and a 4C for me??

12. bcorner

bcorner Karting

Aug 25, 2017
    I got the eurocompulsion 2,5 tune. If I stomp it, it wants to dance! I love it! And man is it aggressive sounding !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

13. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Meh. Stelvio residual will be 30% soon. I looked into buying one 2 years ago and they were pretty motivated..I think if i wanted, i could have gotten a new TI for $650/mo.

14. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Believe me I’m not into it. She’s label shopping - I want her in a Toyota or Honda!

15. PureMichigan

PureMichigan Rookie

Jun 23, 2017
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    David
    Just got a 4C LE. Love it already even though it has only moved 50 ft from enclosed transport direct into my garage.

I looked at a bunch of cars (spiders, new and old coupes etc) but was willing to pay the premium for a low mile LE as the carbon fiber bits, options list (loaded but with a track emphasis). Love the dial wheels and the overall look. Waiting for the roads to clear of salt and temps to rise.

flat_plane_eddie likes this.
  16. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

LE #400 salutes you! :)

I'm about to pass 10K miles on mine from new.

crinoid likes this.
  17. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Congrats and welcome to the 4C club.

18. PureMichigan

PureMichigan Rookie

Jun 23, 2017
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    David
    Thanks all! #252 here :) Extended the factory warranty yesterday so another 4.3 years and 58.3K miles of coverage (60K mileage warranty). Feels and looks like a brand new car. Cost me as much as some of them are going new now, so I guess that makes sense. I just had to have the LE in red as that is the one that caught my eye. Spiders are awesome as well, of course.

crinoid likes this.
  19. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
  20. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    How did you do the extended warranty? Mine expires next month I think.

21. PureMichigan

PureMichigan Rookie

Jun 23, 2017
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    David
    If so, excellent timing (since once it expires, the cost to extend goes up by something like $7K). You can do the extension up to a total of 8 years from original in-service date. Costs vary by Alfa dealer but it is the original new car warranty in terms of coverage and significantly better than aftermarket. I will PM some additional info.

22. Rags747

Rags747 Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Matt
    So basically you are buying 4 years of coverage. I have seen these for around $1,600-1,700 with 200 deductible. In the ballpark of what you are seeing?

23. PureMichigan

PureMichigan Rookie

Jun 23, 2017
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    David
    No - I see component list policies at those prices (where they just list a bunch of components and anything not listed is not covered). Not a factory equivalent version. I had multiple quotes and nothing near that except really limited versions.

24. PureMichigan

PureMichigan Rookie

Jun 23, 2017
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    David
    Have to be extremely careful with non factory extended warranty policies - too good to be true prices typically are.