F430 Rotors | FerrariChat

F430 Rotors

Discussion in '360/430' started by CarAholic, Nov 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    Are the 360 rear rotors and pads the same as the F430’s. The more I search the topic the more conflicted information I’m getting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. bellwilliam

bellwilliam Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2014
    Yes. They are the same.
    Brembo 09.7267.50. About $100 per rotor.

Yes. Ferrari steel rotors are cheaper than my Ford.

3. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Look on Superperformance uk web site, all the info and various makes listed

whatheheck likes this.
  4. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    Thanks for all the responses I have placed an order.

5. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    Just wanted to give a big clap to super performance. Ordered my brakes Tuesday night and I received them in the US by Thursday.

whatheheck likes this.
  6. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    I will have to ask them for commission

7. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    how much cheaper than the dealer after shipping overseas etc?

8. goto35march

goto35march Karting

Jul 23, 2009
    Awesome awesome awesome!

Quick question with brembos up front will the brake sensors will work or does that needs to be disconnected with aftermarket

Crazy how cheap Brembo rotors are!

9. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    No not at all, the sensors are in the brake pads. Just make sure you get front brake pads with the sensors.

10. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    F430 are not the same as 360: Ferrari went with a different metal composition to improve braking power. The iron discs are marginal on an F430 as it is so personally I wouldn't want to step down.

11. goto35march

goto35march Karting

Jul 23, 2009
    im buying a car that the brake sensors are zip tied and not installed. i guess that means the front brake pads are not ones that sensors can be installed in. i'll replace the brake pads with sensors.

12. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    Never heard this before but even so unless your tracking the car you will never notice the difference.

13. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I have to disagree with that. I've owned two 430's - iron original rotors and CCB. If using the performance potential of the car I found the iron brakes were easily overwhelmed. They aren't up to the weight and power of the F430. I haven't been on track with either.

14. steelej

steelej Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2007
    UK
    I've been running 360 disks on my 430 for about half the time I've owned the car which will be 10 years this year and coming up for 40k miles, I've noticed absolutely zero difference on road or track.

John.

15. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    CCB’s are completely different let alone much large diameter then the steel brakes. It can’t be compared to a slightly different coating on the steels. No average person would ever notice the difference between the two steels.

16. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    For sure. What I'm saying is the CCBs highlight the deficiency even more. Fitting the lesser 360 type rotors seem a backward step to me. My experience is a few hard stops from triple figures and the iron brakes are saturated.

If they work for you then no issue.

17. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

working on my cars for all these years, i have to say the brake system is the most complicated system to understand for me ( not per se).

it is hard to understand why my 360 6speed manual's brake feel so much better than my CS's brake although my CS discs are weighed as still ok to use and the pads are brand new (break-in done). And my 360 6speed's brakes are almost 20k miles!!

18. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    As I recall, the CS has carbon brakes so there should be no comparison. If your steel brakes are acting better than the carbon brakes there is something very wrong. I would start by flushing the system and if that doesn't work look at removing the calipers and clean them up. You likely have some obstruction in the lines.

19. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

let me rephrase, my CS brakes are ok, i tracked it, drive it spiritedly, no problem, compared to my friend's scud and other ferraris, it is no proabably except some small faint noise meeting a red light.

it is just my 6-speed MOdena's brake are a lot BETTER than my CS. I mean better feel, better response from my foot, not necessarily better stopping distance. This is not my impression only, all people who drove my 6-speed are amazed by this particular car's brake. Just so not understanding it.