The 15 New Models by 2022 - What We Know | Page 8 | FerrariChat

The 15 New Models by 2022 - What We Know

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Forza Scuderia, Feb 20, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Listen champ- you got off to a good start. But you should have left well enough alone. It’s obvious you don’t own any cars. Just another no one polluting the boards with hyperbole and conjecture.

DGPF and Caeruleus11 like this.
  2. Forza Scuderia

Forza Scuderia Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2015
    You just can't stop yourself ... can you ... "champ"...

3. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    No- they said the current plan DOES NOT INCLUDE a replacement for the supercar. However, they did confirm there will be a replacement, but it will be outside the current plan. Thus, you are short a car. I still say your road map is too skewed to the present. They have to balance how many cars they release and when.

paulchua likes this.
  4. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    In all fairness, this has been discussed in other threads, but perhaps not put all together.

5. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    SoCal, just ignore this troll.

DGPF and SoCal to az like this.
  6. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
    I stand by the prediction that the LaFerrari replacement will launch in 2022. Ferrari marketing loves anniversaries and the 75th may well be the most significant there ever will be. It’s not a given that people will even be driving in 2047. It really isn’t. They won’t miss the hyper car for their 75th. I am fully confident in this. Even pronouncements by the company can be subject to not only being miscommunicated or misstated but also to being walked back or modified in the future. To be clear we are not talking about from now until December 2021 we are talking about from now until December of 2022. They also said they are working on an all-electric super car that is not part of this roadmap and I still predict that will be the case.
    An electric super car will come after 2022. But ... the replacement for the LaFerrari WILL I believe come in 2022. If however you want another model in the mix to satisfy your obsession on this point then clearly the highest probability for an additional model ... and as I clearly stated these are probabilities not certainties... then the highest probability ‘missing link creature’ in the road map is an active hybrid replacement for the 812. If you turn out to be right and the LaFerrari replacement doesn’t end up being one of the 15 ... irrespective of what has or hasn’t been pronounced ... then the 812 replacement would by the 15th. Thank you for continuing the discussion your comments are at least thoughtful and well presented.

7. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I think you and I are saying different things.

I agree the 75th anniversary is very very important. That is obvious.

But you said the supercar is part of their 15 new model plan. And here Ferrari themselves said no. I only point this out since you seem quite strident in your predictions, thus, I wonder how you can argue with the company themselves!

paulchua likes this.
  8. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph

This ^^^

9. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    According to recent reports Maserati Alfieri preproduction will start in 2020. V6+plug in electrification and a full electric version later. 0-100 kph 2/under2 seconds. And we know from the fca-maserati road map slides, that future maserati and alfa models (high performance actually) will adopt ferrari powertrain (full electric also? the slides say so). So what kind of powerplant the BB will use. Traditional plug-in hybrid+v8 or f1 style MGU-K+MGU-H+v8 hybrid. Remember what ferr9000 said, "very inline with its hybrid and top technology"

10. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    I can see their patented supercharged feed Turbo making an appearance.

11. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
    Please post a link on here to an official press release from Ferrari definitively stating that they will not launch the LaFerrari successor by the end of 2022. I'll wait...

Oh...what's that sound? Is that Simon and Garfunkel streaming on Spotify right now and is that "The Sounds of Silence" we hear?

What are you going to do now...send a link to or quote some on-line article which you think "proves" your assertion? Go ahead. While you're at it you can go ahead and quote Carscoops. Oh you don't want to? Fine I'll do it for you... "Ferrari hasn't given up on hypercars. A successor to the LaFerrari is part of the company's mid-term plan and will apperently feature new technology and the "apex" of performance." Then you will try to say oh that's not what they meant even though what they said is clear and warrants no interpretation. Then you will quote or send a link to another article saying the opposite. But these are all just articles. Written by reporters, journalists and bloggers. They are relaying their interpretation of pronouncements to varying degrees of accuracy or inaccuracy and many of them are recycling and further reinterpreting other articles written by other journalists. You could post links or quote some article you read or whatever but all you are doing is passing along the representations of journalists or writers or third hand or fourth hand interpretations.

You may say I'm doing the same thing. But what's the difference? You are declaring your assertion as definitive. As absolute fact. I'm not. I have said repeatedly that what I have presented is gathered intel and surmising to the best of my ability and from sources which I believe have credibility but nothing is represented as definitive. In fact in my very first post I put varying percentage confidence next to each prediction and none of them were 100%.
    The only absolute fact is that your assertions here are not fact and yet you declare them as absolute. It's laughable. They aren't even official direct communications from Ferrari.

So you have not achieved your most burning desire ... an infantile 'aha' ... a petulant 'gotcha'
    a smoking gun proof that I am 'leaving out a car' or that I only have 14 and that I 'need one more to make 15.'

What's next? "Nyah Nyah ... Nyah Nyah Nyah" with your tongue stuck out?

Grow up.

Again... post a link here to an official press release from Ferrari definitively declaring that they will not launch a LaFerrari successor by the end of 2022.

Until then you cannot claim victory or drop the mic.

There is one thing you can do however.

Go get your shine box.

12. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I generally hang out in the F1 section.Which is quite 'sporty' and the mods sometimes have a difficult task.However it seems to work ok most of the time.

Our new friend here is now teetering on borderline .Just saying.

SoCal to az likes this.
  13. markcs

markcs Karting

Oct 23, 2016
    Whats a "shine Box"
    is this another new Ferrari coming soon?????????

14. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
  15. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I don’t quite understand the anger.

Moogle and Ferrari 308 GTB like this.
  16. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
    It's all just good natured banter. What's the latest on the FL ? Anything yet?!

17. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Derogatory comment.

2-day ban.

18. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Come on, his ban should be until 2022 after all 14 cars released.... lol.

DGPF, ewright, SoCal to az and 2 others like this.
  19. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    To expand on post #178 on September 18 2018 as part of the Capital Market Day presentation which goes as far as 2022 there was a comment on the next hypercar launch being implicitly beyond 2022:

"Foreseen in next mid-term plan with part of investments already included in this plan"

Whilst this may not be categoric enough to satisfy Forza's post #187 when he returns it would appear to give a clear indication

http://corporate.ferrari.com/sites/ferrari15ipo/files/2._ferrari_cmd_sept_2018_-_e._galliera.pdf

20. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K

I think if there was a hypercar in the current 2019-20022 plan, you could be sure Ferrari would have made a very big deal of it on the investor day presentation. Just imagine the clamour of even more people buying every new model to get themselves in line for one, even for a car 4 years away - think of all the additional sales etc. On the other hand, promising one in the plan and not delivering would be a big no-no in the post-IPO world where investment analysts rule.

My guess, and it's only a guess, is that they are waiting for technology to move on sufficiently to launch the next hypercar which would be more than just a "better LaFerrari". That's currently beyond 2022.

21. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    To answer your question:
    https://corporate.ferrari.com/en/investors/events-and-presentations/capital-markets-day

Now, I don't have perfect memory. But I remember going through all their materials, including the transcripts of the calls- and the subsequent calls with the financial press. I have just downloaded the files again to briefly look through.

As I am now looking at Ferrari's webpage, I call your attention to the second link "Exceed Customers' Expectations". Page 16 states very clearly "Ferrari Hypercar" "Foreseen in next midterm plan with part of investments already included in this plan". Not this plan.

The very next page says "Upcoming Product Lineup" "15 new launches between 2019-22 well balanced across different segments". NO super/hypercar. In subsequent Q&A, a question was asked about supercar and my memory is the company response echoed the printed materials: this 4 year plan does not include a supercar, but there will be an eventual LF successor- however, the implication is that would be outside this plan.

Of course, 2022 is Ferrari's 75th anniversary. They could always show something in 2022 but to be launched thereafter. And the fine print on these things usually says the company can update their plans as they see fit.

So, I am only using information Ferrari themselves supply. What are you using?

22. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    He was using his brain to the best of his ability, so he said. Thus, he used the word, "surmise" to get us "woke".

23. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Impossible to get over on this smart crowd, I can’t imagine even trying. I could not be begin to muster the necessary lack of self-awareness. That said, this thread could have been a ton of fun if not for abruptly leaving the rails.

paulchua likes this.
  24. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #200 paulchua, Feb 27, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    I remember this distinctly as well.

This started as an entertaining and cool thread. When OP positioned himself as Louis Camilleri... off the rails, into the bushes, and straight toward the cliff we go.

iloveferrari likes this.