Ferrari F8 Tributo | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    If you didnt get your Pista (dont know how you cannot get it since it's not limited and still going to be produced until end of 2020 but ok) this is a really nice option!
    Look much better than 488 even though its just a restyling.

elmadi, brunomprata16, jj99c2 and 4 others like this.
  2. Makuono

Makuono Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2014
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    Belíssimo!

elmadi likes this.
  3. wrxmike

wrxmike Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Maranello, 28 February 2019 –

Ferrari has revealed the first official photographs of the F8 Tributo, the new mid-rear-engined sports car that represents the highest expression of the company’s classic two-seater berlinetta. The name is an homage to both the model’s uncompromising layout and to the engine that powers it – with a massive 720 cv and a record specific power output of 185 cv/l, it is the most powerful V8 in Prancing Horse history for a non-special series car and sets the benchmark not just for turbos, but for engines across the board. The 3902 cc V8 won “Best Engine” in the International Engine of the Year awards three years running in 2016, 2017 and 2018 and, in addition, in 2018, was awarded the title of the best engine of the last two decades.

As these prestigious awards demonstrate, in the automotive world, Ferrari’s V8 engine is seen as the very epitome of sportiness and driving pleasure. This is particularly the case when it is mid-rear-mounted in a two-seater. Ferrari has been honing the scope of abilities of this architecture, which creates an optimal weight balance, to perfection for over four decades. The result is the F8 Tributo, which is one of the fastest, most thrilling and communicative supercars ever.

The new car replaces the 488 GTB, with improvements across the board, providing even better control on the limit along with greater on-board comfort. The F8 Tributo punches out 50 cv more than the car it replaces, is lighter and benefits from a 10% improvement in aerodynamic efficiency along with the latest version of the Side Slip Angle Control, now in 6.1 guise. So while the F8 Tributo offers the highest levels of performance of any car in the current range, that performance is also very usable.

The F8 Tributo delivers its 720 cv without the slightest hint of turbo lag and produces an evocative soundtrack. Instantaneous power is matched by exceptional handling thanks to advanced vehicle dynamics solutions. These include a new version of the Ferrari Dynamic Enhancer (FDE+) which can be activated in the manettino’s RACE position for the first time, a move designed to make performance on the limit easier to reach and control for an even greater number of drivers. The steering wheel rim is also smaller in diameter to enhance the level of tactility and make the car feel even more agile. In addition, weight reduction measures have cut the car’s dry weight by 40 kg compared to the 488 GTB, further enhancing both responsiveness and driving pleasure without impinging on interior comfort.

State-of-the-art aerodynamic solutions incorporated into the car’s body help ensure that the extraordinarily powerful engine can be fully exploited. As with the 488 Pista, the F8 Tributo’s aero package is directly evolved from the track and it adopts several features from the 488 Pista designed to help manage engine heat, including, for instance, the rearward-angled front radiators and the dynamic engine air intakes positioned either side of the spoiler instead of on the rear flanks.

Designed by the Ferrari Styling Centre, the F8 Tributo is essentially a bridge to a new design language that will continue to emphasise Ferrari’s key characteristics of high performance and extreme aerodynamic efficiency.

The front of the car is characterised by the S-Duct, a solution that made its debut on the 488 Pista, but which has been redesigned to suit the extensive modifications made to this area of the car. The result is that the S-Duct alone contributes an impressive 15% to the overall increase in downforce compared to the 488 GTB. The new, more compact, horizontal LED headlights allowed Ferrari’s aerodynamicists to incorporate new brake cooling intakes in combination with those on the outside of the bumper, the aim being to improve air flow throughout the entire wheelarch and thereby avoid having to increase the size of the braking system to cope with the car’s greater speed.

The new Lexan rear screen showcases the engine compartment and also brings a modern twist to the most distinctive design element from Ferrari’s most famous V8, the F40. The louvres help extract hot air from the engine compartment without impacting the efficiency of the blown spoiler which has been further evolved to increase downforce generated at the rear. The spoiler wraps around the tail lights, visually lowering the car’s centre of gravity and allowing a return to the classic twin light cluster and body-coloured tail, another signature of the early 8-cylinder berlinettas like the very first in the legendary series, the 1975 308 GTB.

The cabin retains the classic, driver-oriented cockpit look typical of Ferrari’s mid-rear-engined berlinettas, but every element of the dash, door panels and tunnel, has been completely redesigned. The new generation HMI (Human Machine Interface), complete with round air vents, new steering wheel and controls as well as a new 7” passenger touchscreen display, significantly enhance the on-board environment for driver and passenger.

Ferrari F8 Tributo
    Technical specifications

ENGINE
    Type 90-degree V8 turbo
    Overall displacement 3902 cc
    Max. power output* 720 cv at 8,000 rpm
    Specific power output 185 cv/l
    Max. torque 770 Nm at 3,250 rpm

DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT
    Length 4611 mm
    Width 1979 mm
    Height 1206 mm
    Dry weight** 1330 kg

PERFORMANCE
    0-100 km/h 2.9 s
    0-200 km/h 7.8 s
    Top speed 340 km/h

TT6sp, elmadi, JoeGuitar and 13 others like this.
  4. wrxmike

wrxmike Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Ferrari press release.
    M

Attached Files:

elmadi and Christian.Fr like this.
  5. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Can someones post pictures with tributo and pista side by side, rear and front?

rmnunez likes this.
  6. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    It will be interesting to see how it will be priced - a bargain alternative to the Pista or another attempt to grab as much money as possible?
    One amazing feature is the claimed 40 kg weight reduction, while the Pista was so proud of the 90 kg achieved with lots of carbon, including for the wheels.

DGPF and BaronM69 like this.
  7. kbaillie

kbaillie Karting

Nov 4, 2009
    Dig it looks-wise! I’m sure many will be disappointed with its 488-ness but, as a 458 owner who has yet to take the leap into 488 land, I’ve gotta say that I’m pretty stoked!

Hate to say it, but I’m now kinda glad that my Pista efforts were met with no success. For my purposes, this’ll do me just fine, and will certainly get a rise outta me every time is see it in the garage alongside the 458 Spider...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    #10 [gTr], Feb 28, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    I think a lot of Pista owners are going to be Pissed, especially the ones who bought GTC4Ls or Portofinos to get one. This car will kill the Pista premium.
    This is definitely a new Ferrari! Luca's strategy has completely been replaced now.

BTW, I like the car.

Drson, elmadi, Ced357 and 7 others like this.
  9. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
    Looking forward for the online configurator. Need to see it in Nero Daytona and Argento Nurburgring.

davemqv and F140C like this.
  10. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK

Hmmm....not too sure about that, Pista still looks decidedly different and more aggressive. I can't speak for premiums, but Pista owners being pissed....I don't think so.

elmadi, D11, LARRYH and 6 others like this.
  11. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    T
    Totally agree. Gonna screw Pista, 488 did not screw Speciale but that was an N/A to Turbo issue. Ancient history now.

12. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    This is a thing of beauty. The best looking ''base'' V8 they've made in some time. Ferrari knocked it out of the park with this one!

13. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Why would you pay for a Pista now ? Depends on pricing ? More so if you had to buy a Portofino or Lusso to get one.

Drson, elmadi and cridom60 like this.
  14. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I think it has very classic lines,not too aggressive,nod to the F40 and 308,with the Lexan rear, stripes not really an option.Lighter and faster than the 488 not to mention the rather nice looking interior.it's the end of the line started with the 308.They say it is a replacement of the 488 ,at the same time being a bridge to the upcoming V6 tt,and V8 tt hybrid.

Hope it sounds as good as it looks!

elmadi and stavura like this.
  15. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Argento Nurburgring would be a great choice. That or Alluminio/Aluminium.

16. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    I like the name as it's a "Tribute" to the V8 Ferrari models, the 308 dynasty: next model will be V6.

"...The spoiler wraps around the tail lights, visually lowering the car’s centre of gravity and allowing a return to the classic twin light cluster and body-coloured tail, another signature of the early 8-cylinder berlinettas like the very first in the legendary series, the 1975 308 GTB."

308 is one of the best shaped car ever, and Flavio Manzoni knows that.

ciao

PS: the best car is Always the one that has to come yet

elmadi, Ferrari 308 GTB and Makuono like this.
  17. Principissimo

Principissimo Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2015
    Milano
    Full Name:
    Bruno
    Outside it looks great. Interiors so and so. Non big change.

elmadi, tommygun64, dido19888 and 4 others like this.
  18. Thelovelyrock18

Thelovelyrock18 Karting

Feb 15, 2016
    Front and rear are nice redesign, but side is almost same as 488:confused:

Automoblog likes this.
  19. Gullwing

Gullwing Karting

Aug 30, 2016
    That second photo of the rear looks really awkward. You can tell it’s been designed by the same people who made the 812. It looks great from most angles but a bit of an aero-forced mess from others.

Bhh, PATRIEK, BaronM69 and 2 others like this.
  20. Gullwing

Gullwing Karting

Aug 30, 2016
    Maybe because the Pista looks more beautiful and is track focused, whereas the Tributo will firmly be a road car. It looks like they kept enough of the S-duct to make it technically useful without taking it away as the unique design feature of the Pista.

elmadi, Stradalelover and babgh like this.
  21. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I like it really looks nice... this will fit nicely in my garage