Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
  2. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
    She looks Wonderful!! AMAZING!! FORZA FERRARI!!

timjen88 likes this.
  3. Rrr1

Rrr1 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rrr1
    No plans on canceling the pista here

nschots, Stradalelover, junc and 9 others like this.
  4. DMantooth

DMantooth Karting

Dec 24, 2018
    FFan5, vivaces and Jstash like this.
  5. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
  6. Rrr1

Rrr1 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rrr1
    If you see the back dead on it’s pretty good looking.

7. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    I like the car.

We are seeing the new Ferrari product strategy beginning to play out. Too many similar cars released so close to each other. This is going to leave some people with burnt fingers if they were hoping to make a quick buck.

Anyone who didn't get a Pista should be very happy. They are pretty close. You can make the argument that it's like the difference between 812 Vs tdf or 488 Vs 458 speciale where the newer production car has equal or better performance. But in the first case tdf was a limited car. In the second case, the speciale wasn't limited but had NA Vs turbo engine. With Pista Vs F8, both not limited, both with similar engies and power/performance, its going to impact Pista premiums people were hoping for.

The release cycle is going to look more like McLaren than the Ferrari of the past. So if you can stomach the increased depreciation, a lot of new toys to play with in the near future.

elmadi and Wikdstrate like this.
  8. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    I like the direction of the design language.Congratulations Ferrari Design.
    Really looking forward to Big Brother now as this will be the first "clean sheet" mid engined design.

9. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    I would like to say something .. it is the third time that the body panels of the ferrari f142 have changed. Possible that they do not want to spend money to change the roof panel of the car. Always presents those two ribs for 10 years.

Mbutner likes this.
  10. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Maybe I'm the only one, but when I first saw the car, my reaction was , "meh". It's not terrible, but I find the Pista to be much nicer. I am not a fan of the interior as the dash seems to have lost it's "flow". The 812 air vents are awkward and out of place. Now I know enough that the online renderings never do a car justice so I need to see it in person to make a final decision although the Lexan rear glass is a nice touch.

junc, ShineKen, Musicman and 6 others like this.
  11. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    I totally agree ! this seems a nice progression but the V8 tt hybrid Bb in May is what I’m really gunning for and this f8 design makes me even more intrigued to see the “spaceship “ shape of that car

junc, Shack, G. Pepper and 3 others like this.
  12. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    #62 ajr550, Feb 28, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2019

There is no doubt the era of large premiums is coming to an end but doesn't that mean Ferrari is capturing that "profit" and can build more of the cars we want.
    Upside is they can aim cars at the different segments of enthusiasts and those enthusiasts should get product if they are happy to take depreciation (which I hope will still be less pronounced than other models).
    I am happy with this although I agree the strategy is not without risk for Ferrari but I've yet to encounter a strategy that was risk free.
    812 is nearly a tdf but I'd prefer a tdf.F8 is nearly a Pista but I'd prefer a Pista etc etc .

13. DMantooth

DMantooth Karting

Dec 24, 2018
    Any guesses on price or when they will first arrive in the states, based upon past scenarios?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

14. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    Adamas, Jstash, dmark1 and 1 other person like this.
  15. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016
    Still not canelling my Pista Pilota order. This is, as most say, perhaps great news for everyone that didn't get a Pista allocation. However like AJR550 stated above, you'd probably want the 'more exclusive' version of a generation. I have the 812, but would have rather gotten the TDF....

Gazza21, tvg and 09Scuderia like this.
  16. DMantooth

DMantooth Karting

Dec 24, 2018
    Unfortunately is right. Some angles, the car looks amazing. While it is all subjective, I'm not crazy about the round interior air vents.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

LVP488 likes this.
  17. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    "Based on the challenge engine" does not mean much since the challenge engine is itself based on the 488 engine anyway.
    The F8 engine is not exactly the same as the Pista's though; max torque (770 Nm) is the same but at 3,250 rpm instead of 3,000. I suspect Ferrari saved a few bucks by not going to the same extent of light and expensive materials - I wouldn't be surprised if they ditched the titanium conrods for instance.
    On the Pista they claim to have reduced the weight of the engine by 18 kg, which are part of the 90 kg claimed weight reduction of the Pista; this makes the 40 kg saved on the F8, without carbon wheels, even more impressive.

09Scuderia and BarryK like this.
  18. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    I think base plus mandatory options $400k plus, just a guess

19. PSTexas

PSTexas Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Southlake TX
    Full Name:
    Paul
    am I the only one that thinks this looks like a 488 with an aftermarket body kit installed?

freshmeat, junc, PATRIEK and 19 others like this.
  20. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    looks alright but a bit disappointed overall, it's just not substantially different enough from the 488 (which admittedly I've never been a big fan of)

pista rivaling performance is very much welcome though.

gqa and 09Scuderia like this.
  21. Silberpfeil

Silberpfeil Karting

Jan 2, 2016
    Lucerne, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Marc Brunner

22. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Initial impressions are, not bad. Was hoping for more of a facelift but not a bad effort. I was seriously considering trading in my 488 Spider prior to seeing the pics, but I will probably wait until the new model comes out in 2 years. If I am going to take a financial hit it might as well be with a totally new model.

23. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #73 dmark1, Feb 28, 2019
    Wrong. This car doesn’t look anywhere as aggressive as the Pista. Hate the rear ... no comparison. I do like the Lexan window thought

What’s the deal with the interior? That’s a step backwards.

24. Steph355au

Steph355au Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    #74 Steph355au, Feb 28, 2019
    Yes I take your point on the challenge engine is itself being based on the 488 engine. As you said I suspect it might not have the same lightweight internals. Its interesting to listen to Chris Harris in his video being more impressed by the lightweight "feel" of the Pista engine rather than the outright power.

25. theplanner

theplanner Karting

Jul 3, 2018
    Pista engine without the Pista price tag, bargain of the century if you ask me.