Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I like the door handles on my 488 and they seemed to some as an afterthought.

crinoid and sampelligrino like this.
  2. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    What - the Mondial 8 was designed by Pininfarina so it must be the epitome of grace and elegance...

of2worlds likes this.
  3. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    #178 sampelligrino, Feb 28, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    I'm personally seeing Lotus Evora/2nd gen NSX/Huracan Evo elements on a car that looks like it's a 488 Pista mashed up with a J50, 812, and Portofino..

No skin in the game for the F8 and hope its everything and more for Ferrari and F8 owners, but it has me more curious than excited for the brand's future if they are going to take steps towards what McLaren and Lambo are doing with quicker refresh/facelifts/releases

In person I am sure it is going to be bananas. But something looks off to me or I see some more "general" supercar elements in the car that I wished the F8 would have been more unique on. Lexan rear glass is cool FWIW. Just my 2 cents

Mbutner likes this.
  4. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Well I want to know when they will have the demo model available for a tour of the US dealers. I want to drive it.

Last year I drove the Portofino after having just traded my Cali T HS for the 488 Spider and I really didn't notice the extra horsepower much. The handling wasn't really any better and it felt a little quicker on the turn in than the Cali T HS but that may be due to the EPA steering. Anyway, the real test will be in the drive I think.

keithos27 likes this.
  5. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    More precisely, the F8 is a stop-gap car until the direct replacement for that platform is ready, and that will be a V6 turbo/hybrid (No Dino). I wasn't enthusiastic about it until I realized it would be the very last rear-mid V8 in the very long line from 308 to F8. Kind of nice Ferrari got to pen a tribute to that amazing history before it became a bygone era, which is what is about to happen. The new V8 turbo/hybrid will be a regular range supercar with performance that beats LaFerrari, and it will be way more expensive.

montpellier, uhn2000 and F140C like this.
  6. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    It's an improvement over the 488 which was bland and boring looking, but that's as kind as I can be to this mess. Is it aggressive? Sure. Beautiful? Hardly.

To me, the last beautiful Ferraris were 430 Scud, 458, and the F12. The latest gen Ferraris all look like a bunch of vents and aero fighting for position on both ends of the car, while the side view is rather pedestrian. It just doesn't work for me. Hell, McLaren does a better job of integrating their cooling and aero into the cars.

Also, am I the only one who'd prefer a baby Ferrari under this model (ala 570S) with less power and weight, but more fun factor? I just don't get the appeal of a 700hp+ heavy Ferrari... Once you've gone 0-60 in 2 seconds, what do you do then? Where's the fun in that?

7. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
  8. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    I think you're 100% spot on. Or as we used to say: +1

Glynny likes this.
  9. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
  10. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Now they have equipped this model too with four instead of two taillights, then transferred some Aero features from the Pista, technologically nothing new, just a few more hp to be nominally on the level of a 720S, cool, that's it. Oh, I forgot, there are additionally the well known promises of a dry weight that can never be achieved in reality. Wow, what an innovative product. A product that was developed very quickly under a lot of pressure, a product without any new and unique features. Market leadership looks different. I'm bored, Ferrari.

Glynny, Monsieur Yoge, bobw and 11 others like this.
  11. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    They got it right with this one. Fantastic looking car, and I think it will look especially good in darker colors.

Boomhauer likes this.
  12. F430 Driver

F430 Driver Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2008
    Central New Jersey
    I think the real tribute was the 458 Italia. That was the last naturally aspirated V8 from Ferrari. Ferrari's history was the sound and natural aspiration and the swan song was the 458 for that. At least that is how it is for me. Many might agree and others may disagree.

Ferrari had to go Turbo and next hybrid. Then eventually they are saying electric. All the history will give way to progress with road markers along the way for what once was. Gotta keep moving forward if you wanna go fast...

luis filipe, babgh, kandi and 3 others like this.
  13. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    hmm, the interior looks awfully dated in this picture. The exterior looks like the mix of huracan PF and portofino and pista.

If they ditch the side scoop of 488, the line will be much cleaner.

I think the rear is going to take some time to get used to. I think Pista tail is better integrated.

kandi and sampelligrino like this.
  14. HRE_Jurrian

HRE_Jurrian Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2015
    Vista, CA
    Full Name:
    Logan
  15. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
  16. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    The front reminds me of little bit of the old Ferrari Mythos concept.

17. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
  18. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    This F 8 is just a " pizza " design, with 3 parts of differents cars without coherence or directive line...So caricatural that it seems to be draw by a 15 years old teenager without a little bit of Ferrari culture...
    Personnaly, i m thinking it s the worst design since the 1994 F 512 m !!!
    It s very sad to see such a BS for the brand...
    Less than zero !!!

Glynny, gqa and 338Lapua like this.
  19. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I was teasing... when the 488 came out everyone cried bloody murder about the door handles. The F8 has the same ones, but everyone's on here today arguing about other aspects of the car. They don't bother me.

wrs likes this.
  20. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    elmadi, Garretto, babgh and 2 others like this.
  21. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    vonbeeler, ShineKen, Surfah and 4 others like this.
  22. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    to be fair, it looks like student design by Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, CA

23. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Ok. Whatever you say.

As far as the Tribut- I think it looks very nice. Definitely a nice refresh. But whats going to happen when the real replacement comes out? Im very curious to see how sales of this model will do knowing that its going to be new for about a year.

PA Wolfpacker and iloveferrari like this.
  24. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Actually, now that my opinion is formed of its look, I think if I were a pista owner, I would feel good. Pista looks way better. Who cares about the engine being the same? All cars are about 700hp anyway these days.

Notwithstanding above, how it sounds and handles would be more important.

25. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    nope, not bought a new ferrari since the 458 spec and nothing has interested me since tbh

Anthony Capone and TifosiGB like this.